AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-29, 16:27   Link #101
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
even thought that Usopp's make huge role in the end of the chapter but he is not that strong in 1-1 fighting, even the one that have almost the Same DF ability as buggy he needed a lot of time fighting him alone, while nami take care of more guys than him ..
well Chopper didn't fight and Sanji wasn't there, so i don't know ..

but i know 1 thing, their bounties will depend in:
1- if the Cp9 member still alive or not, if they are still alive and they told who beat them up ...
2- Ao kiji Opinion from this Accident and the first encounter
3- Garp opinion and gathering information about the crew

well if these thing don't happen, then yeah Usopp's bounty maybe be higher than Sanji and Chopper
Old 2006-11-02, 15:52   Link #102
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Will Usopp actually get a bounty though? wouldnt the act of burning the WG flag be handed to Sogeking?
Old 2006-11-03, 01:54   Link #103
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
the marines are not Luffy and Chopper so they will not miss that sogeking is actually Usopp ...
in the sea train when Sogeking appeared at first, everyone knew who he was .. only chopper and luffy didn't know ..

i think the new bounties will need some time since the WG is more intersted in Knowing what shanks and WB are going to talk about ..
Old 2006-11-04, 01:41   Link #104
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Personally, I have my doubts that everybody's bounty will rise all that dramatically. When looking at past events, imo the marines will try to cover up as much of the recent events as possible. No one except high marine officials are suppose to know about cp9 so they wont dramaticly increase the crew's bounty just because of that. The alternative that i see is the world government is going to publicly announce the demolition of enies lobby to rebuild a stronger base to correspond the interaction of the two emperors instead of giving luffy credit for it's destruction. Afterwards however to raise the straw hat bounty without alarming the public, they announce that the destruction of crocodile and water 7 was the straw hat crew's fault.
Luffy - 139mil, there are obvious reasons why they would increase luffy's bounty
Robin- 120mil, they pin her as an Assasin instead of merely an archeologist
Nami - 100mil, I listed her higher then zoro becuase if the marines do have a brain capturing or killing nami would cause the crew to collapse
Zoro - 98mil, I assuming they would not want to glorify a character who is only capable of destruction
sanji - 85mil, If the marines have paid any attention at all, sanji has done alot
SGking- 60mil, Terrorism
Ussop- 30mil, mia but known straw hat pirate
Chopper-20mil, Tanuki? there isnt any one who would report his power

it isnt as big as a change as m.d.luffy 17's predictions, but imo even if they're conservative numbers and are abit more logical and even if they numbers are small the overall crew bounty has doubled

Last edited by Lst2touchdasky; 2006-11-04 at 02:32.
Old 2006-11-05, 17:32   Link #105
cheese4u
da big boss

[Manga]New bounties,.[spoilers]

Now that Luffy and his crew has defeated Cp9. My guess is that there bounties are going to sky rocket. If they do get new bounties, what do you think their bounties are going to be?
Here's my estimate:

Luffy: Around 250,000,000 for being the captain and the leader of the attack on Enies lobby

Robin: 146,000,000 double her previous bountie

Zoro: 120,000,000 double his previous bountiy

Usopp/Sogeking: 90,000,000 mostly for blowing up the world government flag (which is a huge offense), plus I think it'll be funny to see Sanji's reaction to Usopp having a higher bounty than him.

Sanji: 75,000,000-90,000,000 for defeating third strongest cp9 member

Chopper: 50,000,000 for essentially defeating two cp9 members

Nami: 20,000,000-30,000,000 for defeating Kalifa

Feel free to share your bounty estimations.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2006-11-06, 01:59   Link #106
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Again, No one is sopose to know about Cp9, if they raise the straw hat crew's bounty because of the cp9 it would cause the world to distrust the world government. It doesnt benefit the world government~
Old 2006-11-06, 08:36   Link #107
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
than again the world goverment didn't want the world to know that Luffy deafeted Crocodile but his bounty went up anyway XD
I think that only one new member will get bounty

and didn't they said that Franky is now wanted person? maybe they already know about Bounties, but StrawHates still dont'
Old 2006-11-06, 09:02   Link #108
chitgoks

if luffy's bounty doesnt get bigger, i dont care.. any new enemy he'll face he'll just get to cream them especially that pretty soon he'll learn how to fully control his gear 2 and 3.. remember that he just used it during enies lobby. think about how strong he can really be if he's used to it.. think of other possible stuffs he could do hehehehe

quote from a previous post, arlong got intimidated from zoro when he saw his stitched wound because he was familiar where that wound came from... mihawk's sword
Old 2006-11-06, 18:29   Link #109
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
if luffy's bounty doesnt get bigger, i dont care.. any new enemy he'll face he'll just get to cream them especially that pretty soon he'll learn how to fully control his gear 2 and 3.. remember that he just used it during enies lobby. think about how strong he can really be if he's used to it.. think of other possible stuffs he could do hehehehe

quote from a previous post, arlong got intimidated from zoro when he saw his stitched wound because he was familiar where that wound came from... mihawk's sword
Actually, the way its talked about, the more he uses it, the more the strain on all his organs (especially his heart) will be, meaning everytime he uses it, hes just injuring himself.

That should mean that it will be his trump card if it really is that bad for his health (only useed after hes sure nothing else will), or he may be able ot develop a lower version of it (he proved with Coby that he already had progressed past understanding Soru, even if without Gear 2 he can't keep up with it.
Old 2006-11-07, 07:04   Link #110
diners13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
As we have seen in Robin's case, the bounty given is not propotional to the person's fighting ability.

Putting it another way, a pirate directly opposed to the World Gov would be expected to get a higher bounty than one who clearly was not, but had done pretty much the same deeds.

Luffy attacked Enies Lobby, and with the Buster Call, that'll lead to its destruction. Not only that, but Luffy ordered the World Gov flag shot down as proof that he is willing to take on anyone and everyone to protect Robin (who knows far too much for the World Gov's comfort).

And we haven't reached the end of the action either. There is a possibility that Luffy could cause damage to Impel Down in the near future too, for example. If you imagine a virtual real-time bounty for Luffy (and co), it'd be going up pretty much constantly at this point in the manga.

We've also had some forshadowing from Cocoro's comments about how Luffy's actions on going to make a big impact. It'd be interesting to see if the whole crew gets a combined bounty - if so, I'd expect it to be 1 billion or more.
well i dont think that luffy will reach 1 billion bounty now becuse gold roger had 1.500.000.000 if luffy gets now one billion where should it go???
Old 2006-11-14, 20:00   Link #111
Slayerx

Well, unless there's a mistake in translation (or on ofchance its fake), it looks as though the new bounties are in
Spoiler for manga:

Congrats on those who guessed right or came close to guessing the new bounties... thanks for playing "guess that strawhat bounty"...
Now on too the next show, "guess that high level pirate bounty"

Well, ya... back to speculating about whitebeard, Shanks, mihawk, and the rest of the unknowns...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-11-14 at 20:31.
Old 2006-11-15, 00:20   Link #112
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well, unless there's a mistake in translation (or on ofchance its fake), it looks as though the new bounties are in
Spoiler for manga:

Congrats on those who guessed right or came close to guessing the new bounties... thanks for playing "guess that strawhat bounty"...
Now on too the next show, "guess that high level pirate bounty"

Well, ya... back to speculating about whitebeard, Shanks, mihawk, and the rest of the unknowns...

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2006-11-15, 11:21   Link #113
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-15, 11:27   Link #114
Hydex

Pics are out... the bounties above are real, unless the pics were invented
Old 2006-11-15, 22:34   Link #115
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz View Post
It shows how dangerous and fearsome you are. Besides, it's not always the case. I vidily remember Bellamy (or one of his officers) saying something about many pirates make false bounties about themselves to make them seem much stronger then they actually are.

Most of the time, the bounties relfect how strong a person is. But not always.
I have to agree. I'm sure that Arlong would have had a higher bounty if he wasn't paying the marines to keep more of a blind eye. And I'm sure that Dorey and Burogy would have a higher lower bounty now than they did 100 years ago. Maybe back then their power was considered incredible. And maybe they had more energy in their younger years too.
Old 2006-11-15, 22:37   Link #116
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo View Post
As for reference and becuase my memory is at a loss; bounties are made by government officials, and thier cash value depends on how dangerous they are to "society" right?
That's a good question, and maybe it's already been answered; but just who is it who sets the bounties and what factors do they use to determine the bounty?
Old 2006-11-15, 22:57   Link #117
matsuno

the Gorōsei decide the value of the bounties for the most part on anyone posing a serious threat.

This is shown through Nezumi stating that Luffy would get a huge bounty on his head for his actions (font have the chapter right now for reviewing the first bounty, so just momory). He then got a bounty that reflected who he beat.

Then after Crocodile's review they are seen seen talking about the three powers, the weakness of the Shichibukai, and how Luffy would not be forgiven.
Old 2006-11-16, 19:23   Link #118
rahmuss

- Bounties are not power-levels. Obviously the higher your "power-level" is, then the higher the bounty will be (in general).
- Power level can't be directly related to bounty, otherwise with the example where Sanji does not have a bounty after Arabasta, would mean that he has zero power???
- They've known about Zoro much longer since he was a "pirate hunter". Big news to turn pirate when people think you're a pirate hunter. That's why he got one first and has a higher one than Sanji.
- I would have to agree that the bounties on Usopp and Chopper and Nami should be fairly high. Not because they are powerful; but because they could be very useful people to get hold of. Especially if you wanted to set a trap for Luffy. It's the danger the represent to, I guess the WG, that gives them bounties, it has less to do with their actual fighting power.
- Did the WG underestimate Roger's crew as well?
- Then again, maybe the WG doesn't want to raise attention to the Straw Hats, so maybe their bounties will be lowered.
- Has anyone thought of Sanji being a spy for the WG? Maybe that's why he has no (or a small) bounty. There are other reasons I would suspect him (though I admit that it's not very likely).
- The governemnt knew that the Straw Hat pirates liberated Arabasta, instead of Smoker. When they wanted to give Smoker a medal, he interjected basically saying 'didn't you get my report?' and then repeated that it was the Staw Hat pirates who did it; but the government didn't want to acknowledge that because a pirate doesn't do good things right? They don't want the public in general to start loving particular pirates.
- Right, Zoro got his 60 mil bounty because of Whiskey Peak AND because he beat Mr. 1. Watch the episode when Vivi learns about their new bounties (like episode 128 or 129 in the anmie).
Old 2006-11-16, 19:53   Link #119
Slayerx

Quote:
I'm sure that Arlong would have had a higher bounty if he wasn't paying the marines to keep more of a blind eye.
Nah, even without paying off the marines, Arlong's bounty probably wouldn't go up much... all he was doing was hanging out and controlling a village; not very worth an increase bounty... However, Arlong probably would have definatly built up his bounty if instead of relaxing for the past 8 years, he was out being an actual pirate... 8 years of pirating would do well to increase is bounty by quite a few million... not sure how much, i'd say going up to 30 million at the least, and about 50 million at the most, unless he went back to the grandline...

Quote:
- Has anyone thought of Sanji being a spy for the WG? Maybe that's why he has no (or a small) bounty. There are other reasons I would suspect him (though I admit that it's not very likely).
no, its just that before enies lobby, Sanji never reportedly did anything to dserve a bounty... The events in Skypeia are completly unknown to the WG... And while it's true that Sanji beat Mr.2, the marines did not capture him right after (unlike Mr.1); The marines captured Mr.2 later when he went to fight Hina... in other words, though Sanji beat Mr.2, the WG doesn't know about it, and Hina was the only one who got credit for the defeat of Mr.2... Before alabasta, all of Sanji's battles were very minor battles that are not really worth considering seriously for a bounty...

the crew members are just considered grunts under their captian, and thus, not worthy of even low level bounties... Until they do something outragous, like Zoro beating a 100 bounty hunters and well known and dagerous assasin...

Quote:
- I would have to agree that the bounties on Usopp and Chopper and Nami should be fairly high. Not because they are powerful; but because they could be very useful people to get hold of. Especially if you wanted to set a trap for Luffy.
Not exactly... the bounties are "dead or alive", meaning that a bounty would be useless for that... marines can't make use of a dead hostage... however, you could say that their should be a bounty on some of them because of how much it would weaken the strawhat crew if they were gone... The crew would be lost without Nami's Navigation, and could be in serious trouble without Chopper's medical skills... grant it, Ussop wouldn't fair THAT much of a price, despite his sharpshooting skills, the strawhat crew wouldn't be THAT weakened by him leaving...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-11-16 at 20:03.
Old 2006-11-16, 20:36   Link #120
chitgoks

if ussop would leave them "now" the crew wont have problems because franky is here. but ussop was "VERY" valuable before because he was the one who did the repairings of the ship. theyd be nowhere without him too (except now)
Closed Thread