AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-11, 10:48   Link #121
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I think I'm about to say something incredible.

With this, True Tears has just beaten CLANNAD (TV) in depth of character development.

Icchata.

10/10. Blog article coming soon.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-02-11 at 11:17. Reason: how about reading the first post? First line removed
Old 2008-02-11, 10:52   Link #122
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

With this, True Tears has just beaten CLANNAD (TV) in depth of character development.

Icchata.

I thought it beat Clannad character wise like 3 episodes ago.

This episode was once again an amazingly well made one. Still it's not good enough to give it a 10, but it earns another very solid 9.

I may be wrong about Hiromi definitely going to win afterall.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-02-11 at 11:18. Reason: Forbidden content removed from quote
Old 2008-02-11, 11:44   Link #123
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode also. Aiko and Hiromi more scene on this episode.

OMG, relation are brother and sister, but is the sentence included the "maybe"? In that case, still not confirm that both of them are brother and sister, and Shin's dad also not yet show up. Another episode that make me feel like "shit, I want next episode"...

Next episode would be great to look forward(for me). Noe and Hiromi fighting?
Old 2008-02-11, 11:54   Link #124
nanaman
Musician guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Well; If you'd ask me I'd say that It's quite good that the main characters have their own flaws etc. It at least shows that they too are human beings like us. It would get really boring(for me) if all they do is the "right" thing etc...(it's gets annoying); or if they're too nice and all that. And thats why I love Hiromi.
I agree with this. I find what makes this show really interesting is how real the characters seem to be and how the drama surrounding them develops. It's much better than many (i.e not all) romance shows which for the most part only concentrates on filling the series with different kinds of characters for different kinds of moe. I dislike it when series tend to keep things hanging for too long, many times just on trivial matters, which in this series doesn't seem to be the case when so much has happened and progressed in just 6 episodes. A lot of these romance shows rarely have as much drama and intrigues, and execute them as well as in this one. So that's why I like this series so much I guess.

I'm not too bothered with in the characters "flaws" in this series, I can't say I've really disagreed so far with how anyone has acted in the sense that everyone seems to have a reason for how they're acting, mature or not, but hey, they're not that old are they (what was their age anyways)? But oh, the only one I'm a bit bothered by I guess is Jun, as his actions seem to be a bit selfish and uncaring, but he's a great complementary (as of yet) character in the sense of stirring up the drama.

Spoiler for Some thoughts about Jun's feelings, actions and words:
Old 2008-02-11, 13:13   Link #125
DonSuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Icchata.

Seriously, Clannad is way too cliché to be compared to True Tears. This depth of character development you're are talking about in Clannad, can be found in ANY anime. True Tears is different in the way that they are not overdoing it, keeping it on a realistic level, and still being able to put in unpredictable plot twist. Which is what makes True Tears so good.
Old 2008-02-11, 13:19   Link #126
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

See i don't think Jun was stroking Hiromi's face to comfort her or "replace" noe. It's more like he realized she likes Shiniichiro but he wants shinichiro to date noe (god knows why, but the theory is that Jun likes Noe so he wants to stay away from her? Either that or he feels that Noe also "likes" Shinichiro, but just not to the point where she knows that she "loves" shinichiro...if you know what im saying because Jun said earlier that he understood her to the point where he knew even what "she didn't know yet". Anyway, i think Jun's being a complete @55 by being posessive with HIromi, it really is a shame
Old 2008-02-11, 13:31   Link #127
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for episode 7 preview clip:
I feel that she is telling her brother to say sorry to Shinichiro because of the deal between them, and the part with Hiromi is when Noe confronts her about her feelings as Noe knows that shes really likes Shinishiro, but from the preview it looks like another great episode coming up .
Old 2008-02-11, 14:06   Link #128
Muyasuki

This episode was easily a ten(and judging from the preview of the next episode alone,that'll be a ten too). Every thing was just done right. Angles,VAs, music. Just everything this episode.

Spoiler for Preview:

Spoiler for Shin/Hiromi Relation:

Before I was rooting for anyone but Hiromi to win it(I hate when its obvious) but. . . man, I don't even know any more. Part of me wants there to be no conclusion so there's a second season or at least alternate endings for each girl.
Old 2008-02-11, 14:32   Link #129
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
Part of me wants there to be no conclusion so there's a second season or at least alternate endings for each girl.
Now we all know there would be no fun in that, especially if you think if that would have happened for many shows in the past.

We need this juicy drama to continue!
Old 2008-02-11, 15:07   Link #130
Zanshun

Quote:
Before I was rooting for anyone but Hiromi to win it(I hate when its obvious) but. . . man, I don't even know any more. Part of me wants there to be no conclusion so there's a second season or at least alternate endings for each girl.
Hiromi all the way, somehow make it happen. Its rare in a harem that the guy has the same feelings as the girl in regards to childhood friends. They have bigs hurdles to get through but they clearly seek each other. Much better then they don't get together because the guy is just dis-interested for no particular reason, even if the girl is super cute, wakes you up for school, and cooks you breakfast.
Old 2008-02-11, 15:19   Link #131
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I thought the animation of faces in this ep was outstanding. Nobuse's reaction to finding out Aiko liked Shin was indeed a bit amusing, but also heartbreaking. The combination was win, for me. It was an animation tour de force. And Hiromi's mournful but ironic look when she said "I said it" was a dart to the heart, especially combined with Nazuka Kaori's great voicing.

2. Yes, Ascaloth, most of the characters -- I'd say all of the characters -- have faults. And that's a good thing, generally. I have trouble sympathizing with perfect characters. Two of them do put me off a bit, however: Shin (for being such a traditional anime male emotional klutz and wussy good boy) and Nobuse (for being preternaturally self-satisfied and blind). But they are both fairly realistic, it seems to me.

3. The speculations about Jun are fascinating. Jun is fascinating. Is he in love with Noe just as a sister, or more? What did he realize when Hiromi reacted to his saying Shin and Noe were dating? Did he decide he had to seduce her to get her away from Shin? Did he see her as a kindred spirit, in love with the one she can't have? I had that feeling when they were together in the park, after he said his thing about not being able to love the thing you love. Then I would read his stroking her hair and jaw as him putting her in Noe's place in his mind, which is a beloved place. In any case, she was clearly bowled over by his masculine charm.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-11, 15:50   Link #132
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

3. The speculations about Jun are fascinating. Jun is fascinating. Is he in love with Noe just as a sister, or more? What did he realize when Hiromi reacted to his saying Shin and Noe were dating? Did he decide he had to seduce her to get her away from Shin? Did he see her as a kindred spirit, in love with the one she can't have? I had that feeling when they were together in the park, after he said his thing about not being able to love the thing you love. Then I would read his stroking her hair and jaw as him putting her in Noe's place in his mind, which is a beloved place. In any case, she was clearly bowled over by his masculine charm.
I didn't get as good an impression of Jun as you did. The thing is, Jun did'nt know and still does'nt know that Hiromi and Shin could be related so he should'nt be thinking that Shin is someone that Hiromi can't have. I think he realized two things in that moment but I don't think he made the huge leap all the way to thinking that Hiromi and Shin are related which would make their situation similar to his. From her reaction of wide-eyed shock after telling her about Noe and Shinichiro going out, he could tell that Shinichiro is the one that Hiromi likes and he also figured out that Shin was clueless about it because he asked Jun to go out with Hiromi.

Jun took advantage of Hiromi's shock to walk up to her and play with her hair, then her lips before she woke up and ran off. Jun still does'nt know that Shin and Hiromi might be related. So what does he do? He had a sly smile as he walks up to and takes advantage of Hiromi's vulnerability. Considering that his priorities are Noe and himself I don't have a good feeling about Jun. He only dated Hiromi because he thought it would get Shin to go out with Noe. Now that he knows about Hiromi's feelings for Shinichiro he probably sees her as being in the way of his sister Noe going out with Shinichiro.

As for when he said "It's agonizing to no longer be able to like the things you like", it was in response to her saying that she liked snow, but now hated it. The way he said it also felt like he was talking more about himself but as for Hiromi he did'nt know or see enough about her at that point for it to mean as more than a response to her like/dislike of snow. It was'nt until later that Jun learned Hiromi liked someone else. He had assumed Hiromi had a crush on him because he told her that he had talked to Shinichiro the other day and wanted to confirm if she had a crush on him, and he wanted to go on a date with her because of his "agreement" with Shinichiro.

Last edited by jaisrh; 2008-02-11 at 17:05.
Old 2008-02-11, 16:08   Link #133
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
I didn't get as good an impression of Jun as you did. The thing is, Jun did'nt know and still does'nt know that Hiromi and Shin could be related so he should'nt be thinking that Shin is someone that Hiromi can't have. I think he realized two things in that moment but I don't think he made the huge leap all the way to thinking that Hiromi and Shin are related which would make their situation similar to his. From her reaction of wide-eyed shock after telling her about Noe and Shinichiro going out, he could tell that Shinichiro is the one that Hiromi likes and he also figured out that Shin was clueless about it because he asked Jun to go out with Hiromi.

Jun took advantage of Hiromi's shock to walk up to her and play with her hair, then her lips before she woke up and ran off. Jun still does'nt know that they might be related. So what does he do? He had a sly smile as he walks up to and takes advantage of Hiromi's vulnerability. Considering that his priorities are Noe and himself I don't have a good feeling about Jun. He only dated Hiromi because he thought it would get Shin to go out with Noe. Now that he knows about Hiromi's feelings for Shinichiro he probably sees her as being in the way of his sister Noe going out with Shinichiro.
Im getting tha feeling to but there is defiently something else behind his scheme. The problem is we dont know too much about him yet. But you can bet he will continue to let Shin think that everything is great with he and Hiromi. This way Shin avoids Hiromi and spends more time Noe giving Hiromi the impression that they are truly dating. Neither Shin nor Hiromi want to be in the situation they are in. But this is also a problem with Shin always going with the flow and then not liking the results. He needs to grab what he wants with his own hands like he is trying to do with going to art school despite his mothers objections. Hiromi is not stupid i dont think she will fall for Jun's advances in the end. I think she might go along with it to ease the pain she has over Shin dating Noe. In the end its all up to Shin and Hiromi to have courage to face their feelings instead of running away from them.

Theory about future events
In terms the plot about them being possibly related i get the feeling that the person who reveals to Shin, Hiromi and us the viewers about whats really going on is Shin's dad. If would make perfect sense how much of a role has he had so far? it would make perfect sense for them to keep low key till the exact moment he is needed. Given the circumstance i think something will happen to spin things out of control and to rectify the problem once and for all he tells Shin and Hiromi the truth while Shin's mother watches with a depressed look on her face. Thats my theory about whats going to happen. As to what the truth is i have no fucking clue so many different possibilities its frying my brain.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:03   Link #134
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Are Aiko and Nobuse done? I don't quite get how she suddenly exploded last episode after having been with Nobuse for so long.

But omg, I got blown away by episode 6, this is the first time I've ever felt teary eyed from anime, Hiromi's delivery was spot on perfect even if we saw it coming from a mile away.

Does Hiromi really like Shinichirou? She seems so ambiguous that I'm totally confused. Aiko likes Shinichirou but I really don't see her asserting herself as a candidate for gf. She also has to deal with the fallout from what she said about the sweater. Noe doesn't seem to care either way, she seems to just want him around rather than a romantic partner.
I don't know if they are done or not, but it seems that is possible. We will have to wait till episode 7. I really hope that they are done. If nobuse still wants Aiko, he needs to really win her love without the help of Shin. that is why they relationshioship was not working, she just caved in to Shin and didn't get with Nobuse on his own merits.

HE was going the perfect and attentive boyfriend, but sometime that is not enough.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:29   Link #135
Kaiji

Loved Episode 6. What's really impressed me with True Tears so far is the pace at which the plot develops. As we saw in episode 6, new developments just came one after another. Good stuff.
I can't wait to see where this is going.
Spoiler for Speculation, Ep 6 ending scene:
Old 2008-02-11, 18:11   Link #136
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

That's it. Hiromi x Shin is almost a sealed deal. Quite sad really. You may think that them being related is going to damn them in the long run, but considering that not even half of the series is over yet, this revelation only makes a Hiromi x Shin pairing more likely. Couple that with the fact that Hiromi gets more consideration from Shin than god whereas he sees Noe as less than a friend and Aiko as just an afterthought, and yea... I won't be surprised if Noe and Aiko get the Tokimeki Treatment now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshun
Hiromi all the way, somehow make it happen. Its rare in a harem that the guy has the same feelings as the girl in regards to childhood friends. They have bigs hurdles to get through but they clearly seek each other. Much better then they don't get together because the guy is just dis-interested for no particular reason, even if the girl is super cute, wakes you up for school, and cooks you breakfast.
What anime have you been watching?? Tell me, because I truly want to watch them. Almost every harem I've ever seen has paired the lead with his childhood friend and didn't even try to be subtle about it either. Shuffle! was the only anime that didn't let me down in this regard. Just thinking about a Shuffle! pairing happening in True Tears brings a smile to my face. Unfortunately, most studios don't want to take the chance with this kind of pairing so it never gets done.
Old 2008-02-11, 18:53   Link #137
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
I didn't get as good an impression of Jun as you did. The thing is, Jun did'nt know and still does'nt know that Hiromi and Shin could be related so he should'nt be thinking that Shin is someone that Hiromi can't have....
I knew he didn't know they were related. But he saw her wanting Shin and Shin apparently not wanting her. That's what I was thinking of.

I probably overspoke about the time in the park, but I still got a feeling that they were kindred spirits in some way. As an observer, I got that feeling, but I don't know if either of them got that feeling. He responded to her words, however, and she seemed to be pondering his.

The question is, was he just toying with her cheek in order to keep her from Shin, or was he touched by her pain? He looks like a supercilious bastard, but we see his tenderness and care for his sister, so he isn't all bad.

Hiromi may not be stupid, but her reaction to his caress shows that she was physically moved by his presence. Lust is part of true love. And she did obviously suggest going to a movie together, which may relieve her of having to relate that much, but is an inherently romantic situation.

I'm not sure what kind of guy he is, but I do think there is more to him than meets the eye, and he is not necessarily the bad guy we are led to think he may be.

And Grimkill7, I will go out on a limb and say that I think Shin will end up with Noe or no-one. We'll see. In any case, Hiromi is far from a done deal, no matter how early in the series this is. I think the writers are not bounded by anime cliche. At least I hope they aren't. One slight clue: Noe is first in the ED parade, and Takagaki Ayahi is credited ahead of Nazuka Kaori in the end credits, despite being a lesser name. The male protagonist of a harem show is usually credited first, as Ishii Makoto is here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-11, 18:56   Link #138
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
One slight clue: Noe is first in the ED parade, and Takagaki Ayahi is credited ahead of Nazuka Kaori in the end credits, despite being a lesser name. The male protagonist of a harem show is usually credited first, as Ishii Makoto is here.
Okay. Then I will counter with Hiromi being first in the OP.

Just becuase someone appears first in the OP or ED or whose name comes first in the credits does not mean that person will be the girl he ends up with.
Old 2008-02-11, 19:23   Link #139
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Okay. Then I will counter with Hiromi being first in the OP. Just because someone appears first in the OP or ED or whose name comes first in the credits does not mean that person will be the girl he ends up with.
All true. That's why I said "slight" clue. The credits seem a bigger thing to me, but I haven't checked enough shows to be sure. Mao is credited first among the girls in KimiKiss, Miyako among the girls in ef. But there are probably complex inside considerations for the order of names.

And Grimkill's mention of Tokimeki really got me worried. TT so far may be the best harem show I've ever seen (if ef isn't a harem show). For me, Tokimeki Memorial was one of the worst. I tried and tried, but I just hated that show. Tastes differ, I know.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-11 at 19:36.
Old 2008-02-11, 19:30   Link #140
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I'm loving EVERY SINGLE moment of this.
Like how Noe continues with her antics, but doesn't realize it's love yet.
Love how Ai-chan came out to her boyfriend / Shin's boy.
LOVE Hiromi telling Shin that they are partially related.

Damn... True Tears just keeps getting better..

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Closed Thread