AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 14:55   Link #401
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
I'm trying to find a good site to buy Volumes 2-5 of the Kanon 2006 anime
The problem with the first 5 volumes of this series is that there were released by ADV Films (the sixth volume was released by Funimation). Due to the recent problems with ADV, it seems none of the retailers have any of Vol 1-5 in stock any more (and are unable to order backlog). You may have to wait until Funi release the complete series collection (when and if).

I live in the U.K. and have purchased all six volumes from DVDPacific, you will find that even with shipping costs it works out cheaper than any U.K. based store. Unfortunately they only now have Kanon Vol 6 available so it's more the case of trying to find it.

Check the Kanon 2006 Licensing by ADV Films (now by Funimation) as well but there doesn't seem much hope at this moment in time.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 16:43   Link #402
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The problem with the first 5 volumes of this series is that there were released by ADV Films (the sixth volume was released by Funimation). Due to the recent problems with ADV, it seems none of the retailers have any of Vol 1-5 in stock any more (and are unable to order backlog). You may have to wait until Funi release the complete series collection (when and if).

I live in the U.K. and have purchased all six volumes from DVDPacific, you will find that even with shipping costs it works out cheaper than any U.K. based store. Unfortunately they only now have Kanon Vol 6 available so it's more the case of trying to find it.

Check the Kanon 2006 Licensing by ADV Films (now by Funimation) as well but there doesn't seem much hope at this moment in time.
First, sorry for putting the thread in the wrong place, never noticed this thread :/

Second, yeah i managed to find volume 3 & 6 on the USA Amazon so i ordered those 2, would hope to see the others be re-released from From Funimation as it would be so much easier buying them from one site, rather than getting the other 3 i need from separate sites.

Thanks
Old 2008-10-26, 15:55   Link #403
yoruichi fan
Shunpo!Shunko!
*Artist

Yea could anyone help me to find a place to buy anime or manga sheets and or a bed comforter. All the searches that i do on google dont bring up anything worth my while. Please help.
yoruichi fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 01:54   Link #404
Vashar

Rightstuf has a lot of Anime DVDs on clearance in their bargain bin up to 95% off MSRP through Nov. 25.

http://www.rightstuf.com/
- Click the picture in the top right of the screen. $6 is the common price for stuff and there's quite a few decent anime available.
Vashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:52   Link #405
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Lord
Deep Discount is having a sale of 25% off their already low prices on DVDs (coupon code: DEEP). I don't remember when the sale ends but I think it is soon. Get Cowboy Beebop for $25.31, Chrono Crusade for $37.04, and Samurai Deeper Kyo for $36.89 for example. Plus free shipping with no minimum purchase.

Last edited by Dark Lord; 2008-11-23 at 15:43.
Dark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 17:14   Link #406
EvaForever

Where can i buy Hell Girl Season 2 in the U.S. or is it Licensed Here?

P.S
Sorry if this in the wrong section.
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 17:30   Link #407
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaForever View Post
Where can i buy Hell Girl Season 2 in the U.S. or is it Licensed Here?

P.S
Sorry if this in the wrong section.
If you mean Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori then it hasn't yet been licensed, only the first series of Jigoku Shoujo is licensed (by Funimation under the title of Hell Girl).

The first season of Hell Girl are due for re-release on the 6th Jan 2009 and can be found on the usual on-line stores, example Hell Girl: Box Set for under $40. I'm not really sure if this is a 13 or 26 ep release actually. All 26 eps have been released earlier in the year over 6 DVDs.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 17:40   Link #408
bx510

Recommend me a website to buy dvd

I loved Gurren Lagan anime! I am going to buy the DVDs to support them IN JAPANESE. No support for funimation </3. Anyone have any recommendations on where to shop?
bx510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 18:09   Link #409
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Your post is somewhat confusing. To start with, Gurren Lagann is licensed by Bandai Entertainment, not Funimation.

Second, are you sure you want to buy the Japanese DVDs? There are some disadvantages:
- Less episodes per disc, and subsequently more discs per series (9 discs for Gurren Lagann)
- Each disc retails for 6000 yen, which is $68 USD (!) at the current exchange rate (over $600 for the entire series)
- Expect NO English content whatsoever, so no English dub OR sub!*
- Meaning, if you don't know Japanese you won't be able to understand a thing.
- Japanese DVDs are Region 2, if you're not in either Japan or Europe (also region 2) you'll need a region-free DVD player.

But if you really want to, here are places to buy Japanese DVDs:
- www.amazon.co.jp (look for the link that says "Display this page in English", you still have to search with the Japanese title though)
- www.cdjapan.co.jp (less discount, but easier to navigate if you don't know much Japanese)

For US online stores (if you want to get the much cheaper US version), I recommend:
- www.dvdpacific.com
- www.rightstuf.com
- www.deepdiscount.com

*) See this thread on the AnimeOnDVD forum for exceptions to this rule (but Gurren Lagann isn't one of them, mostly only Ghibli or older Pioneer/Geneon stuff).

... also I think we have a proper thread for questions like this. I'll merge this thread with it now...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 18:21   Link #410
bx510

Oh man! That's pretty expensive. I was expecting like a box set for like $68 or something. Not $68 per disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Your post is somewhat confusing. To start with, Gurren Lagann is licensed by Bandai Entertainment, not Funimation.

Second, are you sure you want to buy the Japanese DVDs? There are some disadvantages:
- Less episodes per disc, and subsequently more discs per series (9 discs for Gurren Lagann)
- Each disc retails for 6000 yen, which is $68 USD (!) at the current exchange rate (over $600 for the entire series)
- Expect NO English content whatsoever, so no English dub OR sub!*
- Meaning, if you don't know Japanese you won't be able to understand a thing.
- Japanese DVDs are Region 2, if you're not in either Japan or Europe (also region 2) you'll need a region-free DVD player.

But if you really want to, here are places to buy Japanese DVDs:
- www.amazon.co.jp (look for the link that says "Display this page in English", you still have to search with the Japanese title though)
- www.cdjapan.co.jp (less discount, but easier to navigate if you don't know much Japanese)

For US online stores (if you want to get the much cheaper US version), I recommend:
- www.dvdpacific.com
- www.rightstuf.com
- www.deepdiscount.com

*) See this thread on the AnimeOnDVD forum for exceptions to this rule (but Gurren Lagann isn't one of them, mostly only Ghibli or older Pioneer/Geneon stuff).

... also I think we have a proper thread for questions like this. I'll merge this thread with it now...
bx510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 00:28   Link #411
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I have a question directed to those who have purchased things from HLJ.
I've bought some stuff from there before, but I've got a set of gashapon I'm eying. I'm just wondering if they do complete sets (ie. without duplicates and such) or it's just a random assortment of the given number of pieces?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 16:45   Link #412
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

I'm in the US and looking for a good deal on Last Exile volume 5 (Grand Stream). I got a great deal on the other volumes at one place but they were out of volume 5. Does anyone know of a place? Thanks for your help!
Old 2009-01-19, 09:54   Link #413
Solafighter
Hige

I want to buy the Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora DVD(s) but cant find them anywhere with english subs(I found one source, but without subs).

Thanks a lot.

PS: My location is germany, for the case you would ask.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:12   Link #414
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I want to buy the Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora DVD(s) but cant find them anywhere with english subs(I found one source, but without subs).

Thanks a lot.

PS: My location is germany, for the case you would ask.
The reason you're having trouble is probably because it hasn't been licensed in R1, so there's probably no legitimate English subtitled DVD out there. Unless it's one of those weird situations where the Japanese version (or Singapore or whatever) come with English subtitles, you're out of luck.

There is a legitimate video stream for it on BOST TV, but that's only available in Australia and New Zealand.
Old 2009-01-23, 13:39   Link #415
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the movie Phantom (2004) for a good price? I can only find it for around $26 and I won't pay that much for a movie. Thank you for your help!
Old 2009-01-30, 09:53   Link #416
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Does anyone know where can I find a retailer that still has Ever 17, the game on stock? I've been looking around but seemingly I'd have more luck searching for a brand new Final Fantasy 7 disk or something.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:25   Link #417
Zainin

Could someone please help me out?

I wanna buy Bobobo Original DVDs. I know AmazonJP & CDJapan has them, but does anyone know if they are available on any anime site, that's located in the US?

Thanks!
Zainin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 17:05   Link #418
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Where can I find a copy of AIR TV (Volumes 1-4)? Would it be difficult to find due to problems with ADV?
Old 2009-03-01, 00:07   Link #419
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Where can I find a copy of AIR TV (Volumes 1-4)? Would it be difficult to find due to problems with ADV?
You can try rightstuf.
Yeah, some of ADV's stuff is pretty hard to come by since the meltdown.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 08:30   Link #420
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Actually funimation is releasing a boxset in April which you can get from rightstuf for less then buying all 4 volumes as singles (I'd have to say that rightstufs current price makes it cheaper then buying two single volumes from them).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime