Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-18, 11:50   Link #1
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Cosmic Break (mecha-moe-brawl mmo)

I'm surprised that there still isn't a thread for this game on AS. I've been playing it for a few days now and while it is still in it's beta stage for the English version, I have to say that it is hands down the best free "mmo" I've played ever.

Mecha, moe, massive 30 vs 30 arenas, vast customisation and above all Japanese voices. It ticks all the right boxes for me

Edit:

Short story animation

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2010-07-17 at 11:08.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 14:59   Link #2
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It sounds REALLY fun, but to be honest, the post-beta wipe doesn't sound appealing to me.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 17:08   Link #3
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

I personally wouldn't let that put you off from such an amazing game even with the wipe, it's still an experience to have.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2010-06-18, 17:26   Link #4
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Oh my God I have to play this sometime o_o;

Very cool for a free mmo. Mecha and moe? That got me sold.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 19:38   Link #5
leodamine
Divine Akuma

seems interesting, but I dunno if I can pick up another MMO with all the pangya I play.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:35   Link #6
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Count me in as another one who've picked this game up.

Don't worry too much about the post-beta wipe; it's actually a good thing. It allows you to experiment and make your newbie mistakes without any fear that they will be irreversible, so that when you have to start over with a clean slate, you can do so in the most efficient way according to your favoured playstyle.

For example, you'll get a choice of 3 starter mecha musume when you first log in.

Spoiler:
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 22:44   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Looks like Strike Witches Future Edition MMO to me.

Wait....are they so heavily armoured that there is no room for pantyshots?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 23:06   Link #8
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Looks like Strike Witches Future Edition MMO to me.

Wait....are they so heavily armoured that there is no room for pantyshots?
No pantyshots from what I've seen so far, but plenty of half-bare.....globes.

(Don't worry SaintessHeart, plenty of lolibots to suit your taste too. I'd recommend starting with Lily Rain for you; she's an Artillery-type bot, and she's one mean beam-spamming loli. )
Old 2010-06-26, 23:26   Link #9
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Are there any tsundere? I really am interested now since Ascaloth said lolibots.

I checked the sight and I'd personally would like to have an air type mech completely revolved around heavy fire/Melee.

...Ms. Bushido, I shall call it! D=
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 23:50   Link #10
Ascaloth

If there are any tsunderebots, I haven't seen one yet. The starter Land-type bot Jikun Hu is a....gender-ambiguous....kungfu-asskicker though, and he/she does seem a little tsundereish towards his/her sister Jikun Long.

(They're not all mecha-musume btw. Most of the Medium- and Large- type robos are pure mechs, so if you want heavy weaponry on air, you'll be out of luck if you want it to be a mecha-musume as well Arbitres )
Old 2010-06-27, 04:23   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I played this for a little while, but couldn't really get in to it; as much as the concept of chibi mecha is entertaining, i can't really muster the energy to play another MMO now, having left WoW recently (Although this obviously doesn't require anywhere near the same amount of investment), and the gameplay reminds me very much so of a simplified version of Armored Core - if i wanted some mecha action with similar gameplay feel, i would fire up AC ...or Zone of Enders
Old 2010-06-27, 09:46   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Count me in as another one who've picked this game up.

Don't worry too much about the post-beta wipe; it's actually a good thing. It allows you to experiment and make your newbie mistakes without any fear that they will be irreversible, so that when you have to start over with a clean slate, you can do so in the most efficient way according to your favoured playstyle.

For example, you'll get a choice of 3 starter mecha musume when you first log in.

Spoiler:
Do not rely on the shop prices of the Beta. Most of the robots you see in the shop -will- require rt currency, which will probably cut a sizable portion of the fanbase from the beta test.

For Crimrose case, she is still at 6K UC for the japanase shop, but there isn't any confirmation if we will have a carbon copy regarding the prices (that and you still need a rank to purchase her).

Quote:
(Don't worry SaintessHeart, plenty of lolibots to suit your taste too. I'd recommend starting with Lily Rain for you; she's an Artillery-type bot, and she's one mean beam-spamming loli. )
Ironically, Lily Rain is anything but a loli. The only "loli" in the lot (currently in the beta) is Shino Exroad.

Quote:
If there are any tsunderebots, I haven't seen one yet. The starter Land-type bot Jikun Hu is a....gender-ambiguous....kungfu-asskicker though, and he/she does seem a little tsundereish towards his/her sister Jikun Long.
Not ambigous: a "he" indeed, and his voice gives it right away. Considering the "lore" and fanbase, Long is sort of a doting sister to a scary degree, no wonder why Hu is awkward regarding this
Old 2010-06-27, 10:39   Link #13
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I tried the game, and now I'm stuck with it. I haven't played MMOs in a long while too...

I'm hoping that a lot of people stay post-beta. This is too fun of a game.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 10:51   Link #14
Renya

I missed out on the close beta since 1k keys were taken so quickly >.<

I noticed open beta is out, will check it out. Was wondering if any company was gonna do a girl/mecha game lol since i was thinking of producing one myself in the future.

Any tips on the game by now from people who has played it??
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 20:46   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
No pantyshots from what I've seen so far, but plenty of half-bare.....globes.

What a group of cute cuddly lolis.......I am not a lolicon! Don't influence me to become one!

Probably won't touch this for this month since I have got a few things to settle before school starts. Then again, my playstyle is more towards hit-and-run with melee backstab attacks so beam-spam lolis probably won't be my pick.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 20:49   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What a group of cute cuddly lolis.......I am not a lolicon! Don't influence me to become one!

Probably won't touch this for this month since I have got a few things to settle before school starts. Then again, my playstyle is more towards hit-and-run with melee backstab attacks so beam-spam lolis probably won't be my pick.
You don't need to, since there is, as I said before, nearly to no loli so to speak

That said, I doubt it will work for you: melee in this game is basically a challenge in term of "act as a wrecking ball, disrupting the opposing team as much as my HP can handle".
Unless you are attacking a very small group (or preying on weakened foes), hit&run playstyle is nearly impossible to apply on CB, melee wise.
It is generally a DO or DIE.
Old 2010-06-28, 23:58   Link #17
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Arena battles....

VERY hectic....

NO ONE USES voice chat >_<

If I'm being hammered while skating around in my not!Heavy Gear, then I'm being hit by anti-air fire while doing strafing runs in the Aquila air mech >_>
Old 2010-06-29, 01:45   Link #18
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You don't need to, since there is, as I said before, nearly to no loli so to speak

That said, I doubt it will work for you: melee in this game is basically a challenge in term of "act as a wrecking ball, disrupting the opposing team as much as my HP can handle".
Unless you are attacking a very small group (or preying on weakened foes), hit&run playstyle is nearly impossible to apply on CB, melee wise.
It is generally a DO or DIE.
I play Ji-chan(The only TRAP/male in the entire game)as the main bot here,and I just spam its core weapon to make the entire enemy team go "what the hell was that?"and they probably don't know what's hitting them...

So,if you use melee,just make sure you really skilled in hit and run

Crimrose is kind of...too weak to me(aside from being very mobile)
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 16:46   Link #19
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

I'd say don't underestimate Crimrose...not to mention her upgrade version which kicks even more ass

In fact my starter Crim has the most emotional attachment behind it...will be sad when the wipe kills her >.>

I personally find melee really hard to use since they get stunned quite easily even with high TGH and then become sitting ducks when they all focus fire into your face

Old 2010-06-30, 20:43   Link #20
Ascaloth

Crimrose isn't made for frontline duty. She's more of a support gunner; zip in, add to the firepower, and zip out before anyone brings superior firepower on you. Her small size does help with that, since it's a lot harder target for enemies to aim at.

That said, what Crimrose does have going for her is potential; she can use a great variety of weapon types, so she's a great customization base. My Crimrose is built around a Paralyzer; that stungun works wonders at trolling the guys on the other side, even if I don't get many kills.

And it's like Deathkillz said; Crimrose is like this game's Magikarp, and we all know what happens when Magikarp takes a level in badass....