AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 30 45.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-20, 23:14   Link #61
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Fun first half...that quickly devolved into the typical diarrhea of the mouth this show seems to excel at...It's a good thing I was already somewhat familiar with the Tree of Sephiroth from seeing it in NGE otherwise I have the distinct feeling I woulda been pretty dumbfounded about what they where talking about...

Guess I just need to make peace with the fact that explanations in this show come at you like a giant information dump instead of more...Narratively smooth and naturally...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 23:38   Link #62
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Sorry for the late release, but as we told people in our IRC channel too, half of Eclipse was visiting the Uppcon last weekend, and was thus unavailable for work. We'll quickly catch up now though, beginning with Index 15. Enjoy
Thanks . I watched AoShen's for, like, 5 secs. The video quality was so horrible, like off of a VHS tape :\. It was a bit of a wait, but it was worth it for the quality.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was okay. It kinda sucked that I was paying attention to the mixed up appearances and Touma going off on a tangent, which gave me a much lower impression of the episode overall.

Index was hot at the beginning. It's something about a semi-loli in a one-piece that's so cute. Man-Index was horrific though :\.

And how the hell is Tsuchi part of Necessarius? I thought it was a magicians-only org. Then again, I suppose from a battle perspective, there really isn't a difference btw magic and espers. Well, with 4 people fighting, this arc might be pretty action packed(i hope).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 00:46   Link #63
ReddyRedWolf

He's a spy.

Imagine if the greatest magician and probably public enemy number one in the churches list suddenly turns his back on magic and pursues science, giving millions Esper abilities.

Wouldn't you the church militant be concerned?

The fact that Aleister Crowley created Academy City isolating it from both the muggle world and magic world would make them suspicious.

I guess Motoharu is also assigned in obeserving Index as he lives in the same apartment as Touma.

Not to mention try to figure out Kamijou Touma and his Imagine Breaker.

I suspect other than the higher ups of Academy City nobody knows of Touma's ability.

Potentially Touma is the ultimate equalizer when it comes both magicians and espers.

Especially now that he has been exiled for the moment from Academy City.

He ruined the Level 6 project.

On the Nescessarius' part Touma is a unknown unpredictable element.

It would be better if he would side with them but alas Touma exposed their gambit on Index and the Science side has claim to him.

Not to mention defeating Stiyl, Index's defensive programming and the rogue Aureolus Izzard.

Simply put hidden organizations with agendas don't like this meddling hero of justice.

Though I have to wonder... Which girl is Touma going to raise flags this time? Kaori or Nisha? Or both?

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2009-01-21 at 09:35. Reason: Fine edited
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 02:12   Link #64
Azure King
Snr Spammer

love this epi .. despite the hairy leg in swimsuit.... ....

i was hoping to see kanzaki in a swimsuit as well... .rawrr ^_^
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 02:30   Link #65
Bordix

@ReddyRedWolf
You may want to tag that, since the anime haven't explained that yet.

___
It was worth wating for eclipses release

God, this episode was so funny . (still at awe)
Man index made my day
Old 2009-01-21, 02:51   Link #66
Ishe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroseer View Post
I'd like to hear the actual explanation as to why it happens and HOW. These magical theories always bamboozle the mind -wry- But yeah...the whole 'world hacking' did happen after he gave it to Touma....very suspicious indeed.

But all in all seeing Index as Touma's mom was gold XD
I've got it figured out. The world that they are currently seeing is the actual world, but the view of the actual world was sealed by the trinket his dad had. When Touma touched the trinket with his right hand, it broke the magic and the world starting looking like it actually was again.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 02:57   Link #67
Clarste
Human

I'm pretty sure the world hacking started before he met his father. When he got the wake-up phone call from the coughing guy, he already had Stiyl's voice. Not to mention they made an effort to not show Index in bed.

I'm wondering why Komori used her real name as a reporter when everyone seems to use the name of the identity they've taken. Coincidence? Forgetfulness on the part of the writer?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 03:52   Link #68
jwai

Wow, that episode was pretty damn trippy, although it started making sense after a while with the help of this thread.

It'll be interesting to figure out who the culprit is, as I didn't find any info on Wiki that came even close.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 04:05   Link #69
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Oh god did I laugh. Hadn't laughed that hard since the Seto OVA.

As the one Index fan around here, I must say I preferred her original swimsuit over the one Touma's dad chose for Touma's mom. After all, the one using it wasn't really Index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'm pretty sure the world hacking started before he met his father. When he got the wake-up phone call from the coughing guy, he already had Stiyl's voice. Not to mention they made an effort to not show Index in bed.
I did notice when Index was in the bath that the rubber duck became a rubber chicken. I suppose they might have placed some other details like that in the first half of the episode.

Never forget
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 06:27   Link #70
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

@ReddyRedWolf

Why are you answering a question raised but not explained in the episode? Not only that, but your spoiler isn't covered... Though posting such spoilers are not allowed even with spoilers tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
PS : I want Misaka to be my little sister!
I want Otohime-chan as my cousin... (´Д`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 07:51   Link #71
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

This episode was... Freudian...
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 11:29   Link #72
ReddyRedWolf

Looking at the explaination of Angel Fall it is almost Haruhi-esque.

If indeed Touma is at the center of this change could it be a side effect of his Imagine Breaker?

Perhaps it breeds more than bad luck but improbabilities.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 12:27   Link #73
Miraluka
Banned

Well... I'm surprised with this ep I laughed hard ....and Pierce-Index was a big surprise when he/she used thw swimswit TAT
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 19:55   Link #74
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

YES WE CAN lolwut D: That had me laughing for minutes xD
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 18:30   Link #75
SkoolRumble4Ya

I thought the magician from Russia would've been Index sister since they're both lolis and they their body look alike.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 20:27   Link #76
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I was already somewhat familiar with the Tree of Sephiroth from seeing it in NGE otherwise I have the distinct feeling I woulda been pretty dumbfounded about what they where talking about...
I don't recall it ever being explained in Evangelion, it just appears in the OP and a few other places.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 23:58   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Shana-tan is so moe!" Heh...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 07:18   Link #78
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i´ve already laughed my ass off til 14:30, wondering what´s this all about LAL
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 14:36   Link #79
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

OMG , its the best funny episode in this anime (maybe later there will be another )
Ahah , i thought it was a dream but not its a distorsion . Well , some Fanservice here ^^ Index was cute , Misaka too !! I want to see the real Touma's mom ! But there is someting who wonders me , Touma didn't say before he lost his memories till he didn't meet Index yet ? So normally he didn't forget his parents no ? or im wrong?
Index mode distorsion kill all LMAO ! "Yes , we can " XD good president
"Shana-ta , moe" ahah !
Well, it was a surprise to see Tsuchimikado as a member of necessarius . I hope they will explain it .
The blond girl seems strong and strange , her suit too
Ah yes , its right , Touma didn't saw Kanzaki yet since he lost his memories ahah .
Good episode . They really love loli .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 12:09   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

No unfortunately, Touma lost all of his memories up until the point where he woke up in the hospital at the end of episode six. He can still talk and write and do all the other normal stuff, but all the events in his life and the people he knew are gone from his memory.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote