AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-06, 22:29   Link #1401
Cherry_Lover

Well, the difference is Sakura. If he can get the shadow to come out, it's worth him getting involved. Otherwise he's better off hiding in the shadows and letting her or Shinji do the fighting. And, he also knows that it is pointless trying to force Sakura to fight if she really doesn't want to, because his punishments can't apply in the middle of a fight and she's used to them happening anyway.
Old 2014-09-01, 19:47   Link #1402
GDB

So... this is a thing, apparently...

I can't imagine it'd be uncensored, but it is Dark Horse, so if anyone could do it, they could...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 20:21   Link #1403
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doesn't Fate/zero already HAVE a manga? I remember it being really graphic with the Caster/Uryu moments in their lair.
Old 2014-09-01, 20:45   Link #1404
GDB

Yeah, pretty sure that's the one they licensed.
Old 2014-09-01, 20:46   Link #1405
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doesn't Fate/zero already HAVE a manga? I remember it being really graphic with the Caster/Uryu moments in their lair.
That's the manga they are licensing. Which is why GDB was wondering whether they will publish it uncensored.

Honestly, I can't stand the art of the mangaka. All characters have weird faces, especially the noses, and the Caster scenes are too much for me.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 02:32   Link #1406
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

is Maiya kiritsugu's 1st wife or something? when Illya was born Kiritsugu comparing her weight with some guy. Where did Maiya came from?
Old 2014-10-12, 04:25   Link #1407
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
is Maiya kiritsugu's 1st wife or something? when Illya was born Kiritsugu comparing her weight with some guy. Where did Maiya came from?
Maiya was Kiritsugu's assistant when he worked as an assassin, until he "retired" and lived for nine years with the Einzberns. She was also his sexual partner, but the relationship was purely physical on Kiritsugu's part.
Old 2014-10-12, 05:27   Link #1408
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Maiya was Kiritsugu's assistant when he worked as an assassin, until he "retired" and lived for nine years with the Einzberns. She was also his sexual partner, but the relationship was purely physical on Kiritsugu's part.
Where was it stated in the light novel that she was his sexual partner? I don't remember that bit.

EDit: I can only find this.
Spoiler for "Fate/Zero Light Novel:

These parts at least don't imply that Kiritsugu is using her for sex. I think Maiya just found kissing Kiritsugu an effective way of snapping him out of his negative mindset at that moment.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-10-12 at 05:39.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 05:49   Link #1409
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Where was it stated in the light novel that she was his sexual partner? I don't remember that bit.

EDit: I can only find this.
Spoiler for "Fate/Zero Light Novel:

These parts at least don't imply that Kiritsugu is using her for sex. I think Maiya just found kissing Kiritsugu an effective way of snapping him out of his negative mindset at that moment.
I can't find the passage in the novel anymore (nor do I remember if it was mentioned there), but Fate/Zero material makes everything clear.

Quote:
Hisau Maiya [Person]
Source: Fate/Zero material (2008-08-08), p.102

Emiya Kiritsugu's assistant. Also his lover, in a certain sense of the word.

Due to growing up utterly deprived of humanity, Maiya lacks a strong sense of self, and has given her entire being to Emiya Kiritsugu. Asking her if she loves him would be the same as asking the internal organs if they love the brain – completely meaningless.

And, regardless of what others might say, for Kiritsugu sacrificing his wife to complete the Holy Grail was a betrayal of their love. However, it was a betrayal which he absolutely must not hesitate to perform. His sexual relationship with Maiya, then, was simply a rehearsal for this betrayal – a form of masochism to calm his nerves. This is already pretty much the worst reason for having an affair, but the fact that Maiya valued it makes it an endless vicious cycle. Shirou, whatever you do, never ask your old man for advice on women…
Old 2014-10-12, 06:18   Link #1410
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
I can't find the passage in the novel anymore (nor do I remember if it was mentioned there), but Fate/Zero material makes everything clear.
I think it is only mentioned in the Fate/Zero material and maybe hinted in the light novel.

Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 2014-10-12, 09:11   Link #1411
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
He compared Illya's weight to his gun.
Old 2014-11-15, 21:50   Link #1412
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh shit, I've started watching Fate/Zero. Somebody stop me!!
Old 2016-02-29, 07:54   Link #1413
chaos_alfa

It seems some more lines from the Epic of Gilgamesh have been found.

http://www.openculture.com/2015/10/2...the-story.html
Old 2016-05-26, 13:09   Link #1414
DivisionWasp

Question for you all--

So, the girlfriend and I have been loving the Fate series, having watched the original Fate/Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works. Now we're onto Fate/Zero, but Episode 2 had a scene that kinda unsettled my girlfriend (when the kid gets killed).

We definitely want to continue watching the series, since I know it's good, but if possible, I'd like to try to avoid the more graphic parts for her sake. We're at about Episode 5 or 6 now, and so far the only thing that's really freaked her out was the scene with the boy in episode 2.

What other scenes should I look out for, and in what episodes? Just so I can know they are coming and can maybe watch ahead to know when they are going to happen.
DivisionWasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 11:24   Link #1415
Brother Coa
Banned

You want to watch Fate/Zero and avoid more graphic parts? They are basically what makes the story of Fate/Zero, there is not avoiding them if you want to see the story.

Spoiler for Plot spoilers:

And yeah, if your girlfriend finds this hard to watch then double think before watching Haven's Feel movies. There is a reason why it will be movies ( not anime ) and without any restrictions.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 15:37   Link #1416
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivisionWasp View Post
What other scenes should I look out for, and in what episodes? Just so I can know they are coming and can maybe watch ahead to know when they are going to happen.
In general, any scene involving Caster and Ryunosuke is going to be pretty unsettling. The only one from memory that wasn't graphically disturbing was the one in episode 13, but it still had it's own share of twisted logic about murder.

I hid the events described under the spoiler tab in case you don't want them spoiled, but episodes 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22 and 24 and one scene in 25 are the ones to watch out for.

Spoiler for minor spoilers, but just for depiction of what happens:

As an aside, I forgot just how much twisted stuff happned in Zero compared with Stay Night. Yeesh.
Old 2016-05-28, 07:52   Link #1417
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If your girlfriend gets disturbed by something as tame as that, you might as well give up on letting her get close to anything Fate/Zero (try looking up the manga). She just won't enjoy it, the story is full of cruelty and suffering. But you know her better than we do, your best bet is to watch the entire thing without her in order to know whether it's something she could enjoy or not.
Old 2016-05-28, 12:25   Link #1418
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Yeah, I'm with others. You can't just censor Zero, the whole story relies on heavy suffering and dark themes, probably best to either deal with it or drop it/watch it alone.

With that said, I must have seen a lot of gory things because I honestly fail to see Zero as something overly...graphic. Manga version of it is a different matter but the anime is nothing shocking in terms of graphic violence.

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation