Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-17, 16:43   Link #301
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
That is unforgivable. no matter how attractive she is (and frankly she is) thats unforgivable. What i will say about her is this. If she was flat-chested instead of beautifully busty most people would spite her as much as they have louise and claire. Because she is busty people forgive her. If I'm wrong GLADLY TELL ME.
Pfft, I'm not even in the Erina camp (three guesses who I'm shipping Soma with? ) and going as far as saying it's 'unforgivable' is a wee bit too harsh. If it were one of the adults who failed, I'd hate them in a heartbeat. But the fact that Erina has a stick up her butt because she thinks she's better than everyone else shows really how immature she is. That IS the reason why she's such an interesting character, because you want someone else to knock her down a peg or two. *cough*Soma*cough*

Besides, in the end it looks to be just a way for the author to really play up the 'rivalry' between Soma and Erina. It looks like Soma's purpose in the school is to be number one for sure, which going by Erina's status as valedictorian, that will only happen if he goes through her. Then the author ups the stakes that not only Soma should beat Erina (which already is a monumental task), his cooking should impress her so much that she will say the dish is good DESPITE her pride. Now you have the makings of the MC's motivation to go through the school and battling everyone in it, since while Soma is shown to be a great chef, there is still room for improvement. XD

And yes, the main draw for me right now (considering Mayumi doesn't look like she's gonna get any screentime) is for Erina to eat her words. I also find it interesting that Soma's dad mentions that the best way to improve his cooking is to find someone you want to cook for, and the very next episode Soma declares he is going to make her say that his cooking is good, but that is merely me gauging up the competition whether Erina or Megumi is the bigger threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ultimately, she didn't fail him for antagonizing her. She failed him because Yukihira isn't a 3-star restaurant but a simple diner. Like the guy who shared a bench with Souma, she's a snob. Yeah, maybe if he'd respected the codes of gastronomic cuisine and treated her like he was her servant, she'd have passed him. But don't forget the reason she treated him as unworthy in the first place.
Just saying, the bolded part contradicts your first sentence. So would she have passed him if he acted more respectful, or he would've failed anyway because she's a snob?

Not exactly sure what I'm supposed to debate here.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 16:51   Link #302
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Pfft, I'm not even in the Erina camp (three guesses who I'm shipping Soma with? ) and going as far as saying it's 'unforgivable' is a wee bit too harsh. If it were one of the adults who failed, I'd hate them in a heartbeat. But the fact that Erina has a stick up her butt because she thinks she's better than everyone else shows really how immature she is. That IS the reason why she's such an interesting character, because you want someone else to knock her down a peg or two. *cough*Soma*cough*

Besides, in the end it looks to be just a way for the author to really play up the 'rivalry' between Soma and Erina. It looks like Soma's purpose in the school is to be number one for sure, which going by Erina's status as valedictorian, that will only happen if he goes through her. Then the author ups the stakes that not only Soma should beat Erina (which already is a monumental task), his cooking should impress her so much that she will say the dish is good DESPITE her pride. Now you have the makings of the MC's motivation to go through the school and battling everyone in it, since while Soma is shown to be a great chef, there is still room for improvement. XD

And yes, the main draw for me right now (considering Mayumi doesn't look like she's gonna get any screentime) is for Erina to eat her words. I also find it interesting that Soma's dad mentions that the best way to improve his cooking is to find someone you want to cook for, and the very next episode Soma declares he is going to make her say that his cooking is good, but that is merely me gauging up the competition whether Erina or Megumi is the bigger threat.

Just saying, the bolded part contradicts your first sentence. So would she have passed him if he acted more respectful, or he would've failed anyway because she's a snob?

I also think its going to come down to Erina or Megumi but i also think Megumi will get friendzoned eventually.

Sure Erina has issue but everyone here thinks soma is perfect which hes not, hes cocky and arrogant when it comes to cooking. These 2 should get a room already, sheesh.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 17:03   Link #303
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

You're putting the blame on Souma for trolling her, but even before that she despised him for being from a diner. So, yeah, maybe, maybe she would have passed him if he'd licked her shoes enough (not merely "been more respectful"). And made a dish more in line with her notions of gastronomy. But she's still an incredible snob, as well as a liar.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-04-17 at 23:16. Reason: removed reply to removed post
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 17:16   Link #304
p-kun

About ep 3. So the junior high level is actually manageable for most students, with more than 800 graduates. I wonder why only the high school level is so cutthroat.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 17:19   Link #305
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
About ep 3. So the junior high level is actually manageable for most students, with more than 800 graduates. I wonder why only the high school level is so cutthroat.
because ramsay still nice to childrens. in highschool they no longer children so teachers can flame the fcuk outta students as they wish.
Old 2015-04-17, 17:37   Link #306
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

LOL @ Soma's speech. That will leave a lasting impression on the first years for a loooonnnggg time. Hahahaha

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 18:20   Link #307
RaymondSageClark
Banned

This was a really good episode, Erina still A SHIT meanwhile Megumi is finally here!!
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 18:30   Link #308
ChampDream
Alive

Nice way for Souma to fix the food, it seem his food testing is always a problem
Old 2015-04-17, 18:36   Link #309
Nvis
Where are the good animes

No way this show can fit in 12 episodes. Such a slow pace.

I just wish Soma was nicer to Erina, and she will probably be nicer to him too.
They both have big egos.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 18:39   Link #310
RDNexus

There may be those who hate Megumi but I've seen no problem with her as a character.
A "country" girl that went to Tokyo to try her luck and ended up with a fiercer world than she expected.
She may not believe it at that moment but I'm sure having got Souma as a partner may have become her saving grace... At least, that's what I believe.
Erina may sure be a bitch but I'm more to see what else will we see of her, if the series really is aiming for 2cours.
I seriously loving this shit!!! This and DanMachi make my Fridays this cour!!!
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 18:59   Link #311
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

And the real main female prot. has arrived

[*snip*]

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-04-17 at 19:08. Reason: Please don't hint...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 19:11   Link #312
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Everyone, please stop dropping hints in this thread of future events since it is against the forum's spoiler policy.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 19:27   Link #313
Malicre

Just shows you how good this anime is when people are arguing (um hum discussing) about every little thing. =)
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 19:59   Link #314
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Just shows you how good this anime is when people are arguing (um hum discussing) about every little thing. =)
Not really. All it shows is that people disagree about something for whatever reason. Most of the arguing/discussing is about characters, which is either shipping, or hating. Everything else, escpacially positive remarks about plot development or character development is usually just "COOL! That was awesome" and maybe some people agreeing or partially agreeing. But only shipping or complains about certain characters fill threads with many replies. For example those who complain about Gary Stu MCs are usually the cause that their "hated series" gets a sub-forum here on AS, because they start long discussions with the ones who disagree with their opinion, leading to higher traffic for the thread of the anime they don't like. And not to forget: If Gen Urobuchi is somehow involved in the series, the interest will very high, which is almost an immidiete sub-forum for the series.
Old 2015-04-17, 22:47   Link #315
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

This week's dish is nothing original, just a Beef Burgundy but with the beef prepped with honey saute.

French is not my thing, but this isn't fundamentally a complicated dish, unless you go all haute and take kazillion steps.
I got some red wine I need to finish up, gonna give this a try.
Old 2015-04-17, 23:05   Link #316
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Nice way for Souma to fix the food, it seem his food testing is always a problem
I want to see him test his failures on Erina. Her reaction will be funny.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 23:50   Link #317
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well at 24 episodes this will be interesting but the pace is still far too slow for my liking they wont get to the (pun intended) Meat and potatoes of the show.

By the way IMO the highlight of the episodes were the face she made when Soma made the speech right at around 7:14 and the anger she had at the end when she told the purple haired girl not to mention soma in front of her.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 00:07   Link #318
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
This week's dish is nothing original, just a Beef Burgundy but with the beef prepped with honey saute.

French is not my thing, but this isn't fundamentally a complicated dish, unless you go all haute and take kazillion steps.
I got some red wine I need to finish up, gonna give this a try.
Every time you are posting your works in this thread, I'm always getting hungry can't wait to see your experiment this time

anyway... The goddess is here >///< Megumi
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2015-04-18, 00:15   Link #319
Wandering Soul

Megumi has made her apperance and she already comes off as a lot more likeable than Erina to me. Too bad she ended up having to taste another one of Souma's test dishes.
Old 2015-04-18, 00:37   Link #320
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Not really. All it shows is that people disagree about something for whatever reason. Most of the arguing/discussing is about characters, which is either shipping, or hating. Everything else, escpacially positive remarks about plot development or character development is usually just "COOL! That was awesome" and maybe some people agreeing or partially agreeing. But only shipping or complains about certain characters fill threads with many replies. For example those who complain about Gary Stu MCs are usually the cause that their "hated series" gets a sub-forum here on AS, because they start long discussions with the ones who disagree with their opinion, leading to higher traffic for the thread of the anime they don't like. And not to forget: If Gen Urobuchi is somehow involved in the series, the interest will very high, which is almost an immidiete sub-forum for the series.
I blame Madoka.

That being said, as long as there's decent civilized discussion that actually gives some kind of perspective on the characters, I'm on with it.

I love Megumi more, but I understand quite well why people would love Erina more.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, ecchi, shounen, shounen jump