AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-21, 21:50   Link #721
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ahh, CloudXTifa, an osana-najimi couple that *gasp* I don't actually support. Well, not nearly as much as AerisXCloud (of which Advent Children IMO pretty much enforces his 'moving on' from her), but considering me, that's really something.

Anyways, once I heard that 13 would have multiple main characters and the story is told within different POVs, then I thought, isn't this FF6 all over again?

Just hope that 13 has more focus than 6 though, as it was pretty damn hard for me to get to attached to the characters when everyone is given roughly the same importance in 6. And once you get to the 'free roaming' aspect, I just gave up completely with 6...

Of course, if 13 employs an interesting and innovative battle system, I would probably care less about the story/plot.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 16:37   Link #722
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Of course, if 13 employs an interesting and innovative battle system, I would probably care less about the story/plot.
That's exactly what I fear happening. FF12 already did that. It's a nice game and all but I don't care about it. It was a total let down to me, since the opener looked like there was a tragic story waiting for me, but then nothing. The fighting and exploring was nice. but where's the point when I don't care about the characters? It's like yu played on online RPG .. just offline.
A great battle system isn't enough to entertain me for a long period of time.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 17:25   Link #723
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i prefer turn base system like the ones in ffx-2 but w/ on screen enemies which u fight right here and now. im totally not into the ffxii system, it feels too automatic. leveling and summoning in ffx is fun and easy to get into.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 22:21   Link #724
Zarifus

From the few seconds that we see it in the teasers, the battle system looks (and i hope IS) similar to the one used in the Grandia series. The Grandia III game wasn't that good overall, but I totally loved the battle system. Being played on a 2D field, the use of different AOE spells with different shapes were interesting, and the way the turn-clock worked allowed you to setup some interesting combos. Later in the game, when all the enemies continually criticalled you everytime you tried to do something got very annoying, but that could easily be tweaked.Overall, I found the Grandia III battle system to be my favorite of all time. Pretty much turnbased with some real-time elements mixed in.
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 19:14   Link #725
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarifus View Post
From the few seconds that we see it in the teasers, the battle system looks (and i hope IS) similar to the one used in the Grandia series. The Grandia III game wasn't that good overall, but I totally loved the battle system. Being played on a 2D field, the use of different AOE spells with different shapes were interesting, and the way the turn-clock worked allowed you to setup some interesting combos. Later in the game, when all the enemies continually criticalled you everytime you tried to do something got very annoying, but that could easily be tweaked.Overall, I found the Grandia III battle system to be my favorite of all time. Pretty much turnbased with some real-time elements mixed in.
How different is that from the previous Grandia's battle systems? If I liked Grandia I (PSX), and Grandia II, would I like this one too?

Sorry if this a bit offtopic.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.

Last edited by Vivio Testarossa; 2008-08-23 at 19:15. Reason: Sorry
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:14   Link #726
Zarifus

Well, from what I know (I never played the first two ) There are only some minor changes. They added the aerial combo system, which allowed you to launch ppl who you knocked off balance into the air, and anyone who follows up the attack while the enemy is still in the air, will keep knocking him higher and higher.

A more detailed version of this battle system for FF13 would be awesome. It'd also make all those acrobatics they keep showing her do in the trailers possible too XD
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 02:57   Link #727
Iron Maw
Banned

Saw this on another forum, but the original source is Neo GAF. Last week Famitsu had special issue on SE's DKS3713 event and here is the general gist of it.

Quote:
Okay, looks like the issue due to be released on Tuesday has leaked in certain stores in Japan. Someone on 2ch has gotten a hold of the mag but info is still trickling in. Here's what we know so far:

- The FFXIII demo disc included with FFVIIACC will be a PS3 disc, it's not on a standard blu-ray movie disc. This is good news for people with Euro PS3s, since it'll probably mean the demo will work even if the movie is region locked.

- There're 3 realtime screens of Agito XIII from the trailer, including a screen of Odin.

- 3 pages worth of FFXIII screens and stuff, about 20 screens. There are realtime screens too apparently.

- The FFXIII demo will be from the opening part of the game, and will be longer than FFVIIAC (longer than 90mins? ).

- 4 pages on Versus, about 10 screens all realtime.

- The world in Versus XIII worships a Shinigami and the Shinigami is designed by Amano

- The cars and clothing seen in the trailers so far will probably change in design for the final game

- The morale of the team is really high!

OMG AGITO XIII:

- They moved it to the PSP because they couldn't wait for cellphones to get more advanced lolz

- The battle will be heavy on action but still sort of turn based. It will use an advanced version of Crisis Core's high speed ATB system.

- Crisis Core was 1 player, but this time there will be multiple characters in the party.

- Right now it supports Infrastructure multiplayer for up to 3 players.

- Summons are part of the character growth system, and can also be controlled by players after summoning.

- The game will support both Ad-hoc and Infrastructure.

Edit (updates/clarifications):

- FFXIII will definitely have a party battle system, where you control each character as they switch turns, like in a normal FF. It will not be like FFXII.

- FFXIII's story is being written such that every single of the main characters will feel like protagonists, instead of just supporting characters.

- At the top of the building where the prince and the heroine of Versus meet, there is a painting. That painting is the Shinigami that is worshipped in the world, and the painting of it in the game itself, is drawn by Amano.

- The name of the prince and the heroine in Versus will be revealed at TGS.
FFFXIII also had realtime gameplay shown during the event, and one of the things noted the ffield was like that of a highly advanced verison of FFXII.

IGN just put HD realtime screens of both FFXIII and FFvXIII yesterday, which looked amazing:

Spoiler for WOW!:

FFXIII
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826843/imgs_1.html

FFvXIII
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826846/imgs_1.html

FFXIII Agito scans are floating around some where, if I see it, I'll post it.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 16:42   Link #728
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

if only we can get the exact release days in NA
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 22:31   Link #729
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Uts been confirmed that there is no FF13 being released in japan
i'll give u link later ... lil to tired
Old 2008-08-27, 22:37   Link #730
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Uts been confirmed that there is no FF13 being released in japan
i'll give u link later ... lil to tired
No ff13 in Japan? Man, that's some BIG news, worth of a link ASAP please XD

Old 2008-08-27, 22:38   Link #731
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

here
http://www.psu.com/Confirmed--No-Fin...0004653-p0.php
Old 2008-08-27, 22:44   Link #732
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh, no FF13 in Japan for the 360... lol, now that isn't so surprising, as it's been speculated on already as it being the case.

And here I thought there was no FF13 in Japan PERIOD. XD

Now if we can just get 'official' confirmation that the NA PS3 version would be released before the 360 port, then I'd be happy.

Old 2008-08-27, 23:00   Link #733
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Was it that hard to add "for the Xbox 360" in the title?
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 00:34   Link #734
Veronin
Fun things are (not) fun.

This game is taking forever. Isn't there usually 3 Final Fantasy games per console/generation?
Veronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 03:06   Link #735
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I have to say I think FF13 is going on the FF12 train and being about politics and not focus on romance and such. Hence it's interesting to release it on the 360.

FFv13 is going cather to the PSX and FFX era of gamers. That blond girl looks like a love interest no matter how I look at it.

nes/Snes gamers forgotten once again? =o Maybe as the PS3 era finisher kinda like what FF9 did?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 15:12   Link #736
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
I would really love an innovative battle system since its what 75% of the game is. I really hated FF12's system and i disliked it so much that i hated playing it. I wouldnt mind a system that is similar to FFX, where you can switch out members at will, however have the members who dont get cycled in still gain a portion of the experience despite not being in the battle. I hate tediously grinding exp for one lower level character.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 15:36   Link #737
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I have to say I think FF13 is going on the FF12 train and being about politics and not focus on romance and such. Hence it's interesting to release it on the 360.

FFv13 is going cather to the PSX and FFX era of gamers. That blond girl looks like a love interest no matter how I look at it.
nes/Snes gamers forgotten once again? =o Maybe as the PS3 era finisher kinda like what FF9 did?
I thought that too. Which is another reason i'm more eager to play FFVSXIII rather than FFXIII.

Though I still find it weird that FFXIII will use an ATB system. I wonder how exactly it will work. Apparently though FFXIII is supposed to be more like FFVI. Atleast the character interactions and how the entire party seems like main characters.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 17:13   Link #738
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RK- View Post
I would really love an innovative battle system since its what 75% of the game is. I really hated FF12's system and i disliked it so much that i hated playing it.
My jaw just dropped. Like it or hate it, there hasn't been a battle system that even remotely resembles FF12's, ie. the definition of innovation. So yeah, kind of contradictory statement here, don't you think?

Quote:
I wouldnt mind a system that is similar to FFX, where you can switch out members at will, however have the members who dont get cycled in still gain a portion of the experience despite not being in the battle. I hate tediously grinding exp for one lower level character.
Methinks someone hasn't played the Breath of Fire series (at least I and IV for sure had this).

Old 2008-09-01, 21:01   Link #739
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Methinks someone hasn't played the Breath of Fire series (at least I and IV for sure had this).
III has it too. 2 didn't end up having it though for whatever reasons.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 05:13   Link #740
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Though I still find it weird that FFXIII will use an ATB system. I wonder how exactly it will work. Apparently though FFXIII is supposed to be more like FFVI. Atleast the character interactions and how the entire party seems like main characters.
Didn't they say it's similar to FFVII: Crisis Core?

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360