AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-09, 18:07   Link #1741
Jaden

Skipping quests on my shaman is fine. Just killing stuff often gives me faster expirience and the quests I already did on my main so they aren't interesting.

Money from quests is negligible, say I do a random quest for 6g40s (or whatever it is they gave)+sometimes a green soulbound item. The character isn't an enchanter so I have to vendor the item and get another 3-9g. If instead I just kill a bunch of mobs, I get frostweave cloth and maybe a random green item that I can save up+have disenchanted. In the end you get almost as much money.

Reputation is negligible, most quests in level-up zones don't give useful reputation and I don't care that much about reputation on an alt anyway.

Gear is negligible, I can safely skip most quests and pick out the few chains that are quick to do and give good rewards like amphitheater of anguish, that trinket chain right as you enter icecrown, avatar of freyja's quests in sholazar basin etc. Also get some gear from instances which I run gladly.

When it hits level 80 I'll patch up the holes with some boe drops/crafted gear, go respec and bam, healer is ready. All I want from the shaman is that I can go heal somewhere when I can't find groups on my mage, and gathering ore/herbs to support my other characters.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 19:07   Link #1742
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
@Clogs: You're in my PvP bracket too? Damn, begininng to realise a lot of you are in Bloodlust. Proudmoore still an 83% Alliance server?
Yeah Proudmoore has always been about 3.5:1 or 4:1 A:H ratio. There are a lot of Horde on PM, but they are drowned out by the Alliance. It would be annoying to have the capital cities hit everyday though, but they Horde do hit the Alliance cities as well although mostly unsuccessfully.

I have most public chat channels hidden hence I don't usually see whats going on in World Defense so I did find it amusing to go to Ironforge to tradeskill and porting into the Mystic Quarter too see a literal river of people pouring out of the building and riding to the kings room. I had never seen such a densely packed string of people like that.

As for Battlegroup PvP, well you won't have much to fear from me I don't PvP all that much (and I'm fairly average at it anyway). Although if I do PvP its usually with guildies anyway! Whats your character again Last Sinner?

Quote:
Edit: Another problem is that, many people seem to keep their old epic gears from BC, which although some are t6 gears, mostly they are inferior than level 80 blues. I can't motivate them to drop those gears and doing quests for new, stronger blue items. I might have to ask raid leader to put restriction on what gears they must have in order to raid.
A problem we've had in our guild is that a few people still have their T6 gear and in some cases that's OK they still have not upgraded their gems and enchants to the WOTLK ones. And the green gems and many of the inexpensive chants are better then the TBC ones and well its really annoying to see people put 0 effort into their gear as a raiding guild and just expecting loot to fall into their laps. Although most have taken the hint to at-the-least re-gem and chant with WOTLK stuff now.

Our only Enhancement shaman now has replaced I think most of all his SWP gear and is DW'n the two epic heroic fist weapons and he is absolutely destroying people in DPS, then you have people still in 4/8+ t6 with BC gems and chants getting absolutely flogged and they are wondering why.
Old 2008-12-09, 19:21   Link #1743
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Alaya: Well get that Warrior to go Fury, he'll get at least 500 more DPS from it.

@Blade: Good to hear. You're a valuable class this expansion, don't sell yourself short.

@Clarste: Nice. The Prisms deck is the cheapest of the new ones, but of you can get Embrace of the Spider, go with that and that Satharion trinket.

@Ithekro: For Demonology it is good, but as Komori said, Affliction is the boest Warlock DPS spec, so I doubt it would do much for Affliction.

@Clogs: Cryogenics, Female Gnome Mage, Blackrock. Currently Frostfire spec of 52 Fire, 19 Frost.
Old 2008-12-09, 19:25   Link #1744
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still looking for more Frostborn and Explorer's Guild rep. Finished most of their non-instance oe group quests. Only have two dailies possible right now (non-PVP dailies at least) as I've not done the K3 quest chains yet. I assume there is Alliance Vangard quests in Icecrown right? Most I see there are Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade rep. I'm about halfway through revered to exalted so I just need about 10.500 more rep with the Vangard (or 21,000 with any of the other three possible).

Also need top remember to respec so I get 13 into Demonology so my Fel Armor will be better. I think I can afford to lose 4 point in Destruction right now.
Old 2008-12-09, 21:11   Link #1745
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

@Blade: Good to hear. You're a valuable class this expansion, don't sell yourself short.
We'll see, heh. There's nerfs on the horizon and from what I read they sound pretty bad. Will continue to play the class regardless but I wonder how wanted hunters will be when those hit.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 05:17   Link #1746
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I told myself i would only post here again once i succeeded in taming HIM, but i couldn't resist after seeing the planned Hunter-nerfs:

Quote:
Hunters of all specs, and particularly Beastmaster, are doing too much damage in PvE.
Notice the 'all'. Lolsurvival's damage was like non-existant.

Quote:
* Steady Shot – now only gains 10% of attack power as damage (down from 20%).
* Volley – reduced the damage by about 30% for all ranks. Note that AE damage from many classes is very high right now and we are looking at all of them. Volley in particular had reached the point where some hunters were using it to the exclusion of most other attacks.
* Readiness – no longer affects the cooldown of Bestial Wrath.
* Deterrence – has been completely overhauled. It now allows you to deflect 100% of incoming melee or spell damage for 5 seconds, but prevents you from attacking while active. You still must be facing the attacker to deflect the damage (this is a limitation we are trying and might end up removing). 60 sec cooldown.
* Kill Shot – cooldown reduced to 15 sec (from 35 sec).
* Kindrid Spirits – now only grants 3/6/9/12/15% pet damage.
* Serpent’s Swiftness – now only grants 2/4/6/8/10% bonus attack speed to pet.
* All hunter pet abilities with a cooldown longer than 30 sec have been moved off the global cooldown.
* Growl— threat generation increased by 20% (same for Voidwalker Torment).
* Call of the Wild – now benefits only the hunter and his or her pet.
* Rake and Scorpid Poison – slightly nerfed to bring them into line with other pet abilities.
* Spirit Strike – reduced the period on the dot so it will work better with Longevity.
* Improved Tracking – now benefits damage to all included creature types as long as you are tracking one of them. You don’t have to swap around what you are tracking as much.
* Aspect of the Wild – now raid-wide.
Outch... Steady-shot-nerf will affect all specs, not only BM which i sadly agree is overpowered atm. The problem is they won't just "fix" it. After this nerf we'll be like 10th in dmg. I am a pure dmg class, i SHOULD out-damage at least all hybrids.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 06:39   Link #1747
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

He did say further in that they intended to buff Survival Damage by boosting Explosive Shot's damage.

Really keen to see this patch on the PTR.
Old 2008-12-10, 07:10   Link #1748
Westlo
Lets be reality

Clogs I see so much ex Proudmoore horde on Blackrock now, its like most of the pvp minded horde jumped from PM to BR.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 07:40   Link #1749
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Mages can very nearly match Hunters.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&n=Sighlence

About 4.5k DPS on Patchwerk, beaten by 2 Hunters doing around 5.2k. (Wazz and Adzy, in my guild, for those curious).

My spellpower isn't anything to brag about either, I'm still using a Staff; very few caster one-handers have dropped for us.

For anyone curious, my +Hit is below the cap, because Frostfire Bolt double-dips in Elemental Precision, giving it a total of +6% to hit. The extra spellpower for gemming in this fashion outweighs the loss from the very occasional Scorch/Living Bomb miss.
Old 2008-12-10, 07:51   Link #1750
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
Gotta admit that WotLK is the easiest thing I have ever played. My guild clears all raid content in 2 nights. Most of the achievements are crap and easy to do. Achievements are coincidence in most cases. Most people achieve them unless they are nerd point wh0res and feel the need to pursue them. This expansion is just like Burning Crusade. Very little has changed. Run heroics, get badges. Do 10 mans for easy loot. Do 25 mans for easy loot. Clear special content for mounts.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 07:59   Link #1751
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahaha, so many Female BE's in this forum. My server is filled with them and its gettin to be quite a eye sore... specialy when all their reasons are "I dont want to stare at a guys ass while i play WoW" Seriously that Excuse is just bull shit

anyways

so I just got my boots from H UP, my Chest from H Old Kingdom the Ebon Blade Rep 2hander and now working on Oracle Rep for their Plate Shoulder.
what Heroic should I go for now that has good Plate drops for DK.
Old 2008-12-10, 09:17   Link #1752
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Zenemis - Well, actually your spellpower is worth bragging about. I can't recal seeing anyone that high yet for caster dps on my server. I've been looking at dps in the top 2 alliance guilds on BR and they don't have sp that high. You have insane luck to be that close to gear capped already. Kel sword would make it ridiculous.

@RK - I guess you missed the blue posts about pre-Ulduar content being tailored to be doable for 'all' players and that anyone who was 80 within 3 weeks played more than the average person?

Today, cleared out Storm Peaks for quests. The final part of Brann's chain was epic. Can now work on Sons of Hodir rep. Also got Exalted with Argent Crusade and Kalu'ak. And I had a major surprise when doing the vrykul quests in that zone. Tears of Bitter Angiush, a BoE epic trinket, dropped from a Nascent Val'kyr (those undead fallen angel things). According to Wowhead, the chance of once dropping is less than 0.01% and only able to drop from that particular mob. Was rather shocked, first time I actually won a BoE epic. Every other time I saw one drop in previous versions of WoW, someone else was present and outrolled me. I don't want to use it myself, I'm definitely selling it. I've read posts of it selling between 2.5k to 5k. I put it up for 5k on a non-buyout version to see whether someone was keen enough to bite (there's plenty of people with more gold than they know what to do with). I'll just see what happens. I doubt I'd settle for less than 2.5k, since people on other servers admitted to paying that much. Well, it made my day a lot better since my instance loot luck is pretty lousy. If this sells for a lot, I should be able to never go low in gold stocks again.
Old 2008-12-10, 10:16   Link #1753
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hahaha, so many Female BE's in this forum. My server is filled with them and its gettin to be quite a eye sore... specialy when all their reasons are "I dont want to stare at a guys ass while i play WoW" Seriously that Excuse is just bull shit

anyways

so I just got my boots from H UP, my Chest from H Old Kingdom the Ebon Blade Rep 2hander and now working on Oracle Rep for their Plate Shoulder.
what Heroic should I go for now that has good Plate drops for DK.
Female Blood Elves rule 'tis why ;P
*cough*
Old 2008-12-10, 10:51   Link #1754
Jaden

I saw Tears of Bitter Anguish go for 7k. :P
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 11:43   Link #1755
Komori
D:

There is a bug with (only BM I think) Hunters right now that make them do INSANE damage. I seriously mean insane damage.

23:19'20.390 Subpar ranged shot hit Death Knight Understudy #1 for 89446 Physical. (Critical)
23:19'21.000 Huey melee swing hits Death Knight Understudy #1 for 46336 Physical. (Critical)
23:19'21.203 Subpar Steady Shot hits Death Knight Understudy #1 for 118599 Physical. (Critical)
23:19'21.203 Huey Rake hits Death Knight Understudy #1 for 107806 Physical. (Critical)
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 13:15   Link #1756
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Death Knight Understudy are Mobs during the Razuvious Encounter, right?
I read they take increased damage after the fight is over, though i don't think that happened when i killed him in the 10-man version.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 13:25   Link #1757
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Eek.

And I'm only pulling 6k+ crits with chaos bolt out in normal play.
Old 2008-12-10, 13:30   Link #1758
Komori
D:

Ah. I never knew that. Just checked on Wowwiki and it does appear they take 1000% more damage after the fight is over. Subpar mentioned in the raid that it was bugged so I took his word for it.

The numbers are still pretty funny to look at.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 13:35   Link #1759
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Hunters are truly a bit over the top atm ><

One thing that bothered me for a bit, was how the Warrior's Tank role is slowly being eroded away, and at this point it looks like they've been surpassed by their stand-ins, namely Prot. Paladins and Feral Druids.

Prot Paladins have considerably higher TPS, have a much easier time controlling adds, and get uncrushable very early. They do lack a Last Stand/Shield Wall equivalent though.

Feral Druids have very good damage while in Bear Form, are immediately immune to crits, and have outstanding health, along with a Last Stand equivalent (Survival Instincts).

What do Warriors really come out on top with now...?
Old 2008-12-10, 14:41   Link #1760
Skane
Anime Snark

Passive mitigation.

Cheers.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows