2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-29, 14:03   Link #521
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
and would it kill Tieria... again.... to make a copy of Anew for Lockon Mk2 so he can stop being emo?!
He probably couldn't as Anew's mind is gone and Lockon is not really being emo as he seems to have gotten over her death.
Old 2009-03-29, 14:07   Link #522
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
and would it kill Tieria... again.... to make a copy of Anew for Lockon Mk2 so he can stop being emo?!
Just wouldnt be the same as the old Anew and it wouldnt be a Anew with her previous memories since she wasnt linked directly with Veda like Regene and Tieria. I ep 24 I think we finally realized that Lockon has accepted Anew's death and is now looking forward instead of backwards.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:08   Link #523
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Epic episode. The whole battle was damn exciting. Reborns Cannon and Reborns Gundam looks really cool and damn powerful. 00 Raiser VS Reborns Gundam is one of the best Gundam fight ever. I want the HG kit now!!!

The Super Soldier is BACK!!!! And Arios finally got to do something cool and pwned Hilling in an instance. Too bad it got owned quickly by Fangs afterwards...

Lyle got to shine again, with its desperate gun attack against Revive. Brutal but cool to watch!

Tieria..well, he's not actually gone, or not. You will be missed!

Exia R2 VS 0 Gundam. Fan service and symbolic. Setsuna finally got past his 'God'. 0 Gundam in its classic pose was really great!

The whole epilogue resolved most of the plotline, while leaving few for the movie. I actually was surprised that the Trans Am Burst and fillled earth with GN Particles didn't happen. Now I'm really pumped for the movie. One year + waiting!!!

Gundam 00 is really amazing and I really enjoy it. Thanks to the staffs for all the hard works!!!

10/10
Old 2009-03-29, 14:08   Link #524
ThoHell

I stopped watching at ep. 12 but I watched this last episode... It was interesting. Think I'll watch the rest of the series now. Looks like we're going to get a movie huh? Can't wait. It has been a LONGGGGGGGG time since a Gundam movie has come out. Guess they gotta make up for not releasing a Gundam Seed movie with a Gundam 00. Some of the ending was kind of... eh, but I think thye left it some what open to be concluded by the movie.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:16   Link #525
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Can't wait. It has been a LONGGGGGGGG time since a Gundam movie has come out.
3 years is not a long time.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:17   Link #526
hero147

I didn't like the epilogue. All this talk about the world and how to deal with it was awkward in my mind while I was watching it. It just started to drag on and on in circles.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:31   Link #527
nutype
Future MD

alright I watched the episode again finally in good quality.

The good:
-nice MS battle with the 00/reborn, arios/garazzo, cheridium/gadessa
-bonus round, we get to see the 0 gundam/exia dream fight.
-Movie in 2010
-Everyone seems to have a very short ending.

the bad:
-There was absolutely no reason to go from a 00/reborn fight to a exia/0 gundam fight. For one thing, ribbons could of easily sabre stabbed the 00's cockpit if he has time to recover a cleaved-off GN drive. My interpretation is that this was simply a marketing tool because we see the exia w/ GN sword III and 0 gundam in a commecial immediately after the show.

-This is supposed to be the last episode of the series and yet what we get is an unsatisfying ending because the conflict with main villain isnt settled clearly. We dont see ribbons almark die and we are left to guess about his survival and potential strike back against humanity. With the movie coming out in 2010 it seems obvious that we will see him again. In many ways this isnt the final episode because sunrise is saying

"you wanna know what really happened to ribbons?? Pay for the movie in 2010! Buy the exia and 0 gundam until then hahaha!! fools..."

I cant help but feel unsatisfied with the idea that the main villain's story isnt resolved and it's because of a marketing ploy. I should not have to wait for movie in 2010 to see what happened to Ribbons.

Some confusing elements in the story:
-why is 0 gundam floating in space? Not explained.
-why doesnt ribbons kill setsuna after lopping off his GN drive? His MS clearly has an arm left to stab his cockpit. Why bother downgrading to the 0gundam to finish off setsuna when you clearly have a better chance in the reborn? Makes zero sense.
-How does ribbons attach the GN drive to the 0 gundam?
-why is patrick alive after being bombarded with 3 gagas? No explanation given.
-ribbons dead or not? what's the deal with jupiter? I guess i have to watch a movie in 2010 to find out.
-homer suicides (lol...wut?)

In summation, I cant help but feel that this episode was driven by marketing. This episode could have put have really been the final episode instead of 2nd last one. It could of avoided a bunch of logical inconsistancies if it just stuck to the 00/reborn fight instead of show casing the 0 gundam/exia with GN sword III for sales purposes. Ribbons could of been shown dead if not for the movie in 2010. Overall it's a weak ending to a series.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:38   Link #528
Miles Teg

Ribbons has said himself that the Reborn Gundam was too badly damage to continue.

Exia don't use the GN Sword III, it's a GN Sword I with a new blade
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:39   Link #529
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Amazing episode. No complains whatsoever. Perfect score from me.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:47   Link #530
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
-why doesnt ribbons kill setsuna after lopping off his GN drive? His MS clearly has an arm left to stab his cockpit. Why bother downgrading to the 0gundam to finish off setsuna when you clearly have a better chance in the reborn? Makes zero sense.
I think his suit was clearly messed up. But I agree that if he had the ability to put the drive in 0 then why not just finish his off?

Line of the series: "That's how Celestial being rolls." - Lockon Stratos
Old 2009-03-29, 14:49   Link #531
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
He's immortal.

Quote:
driven by marketing.
A TV show driven by marketing? OH NO! EVIL!
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:54   Link #532
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

People, Ribbons isn't dead. Stop trying to come up with silly explanations for how he is dead because the GN Sword 9000 is this --------- big and what not. You didn't see him impaled or cut in half by the sword, you didn't see him be engulfed in flames. All you saw was a sword penetrating what appears to be the upper chest area of 0 Gundam, not the cockpit which is on the abdominal area.

Ribbons is very well alive, probably planning his revenge and oh will it be good to watch his wrath descend upon CB.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:03   Link #533
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
People, Ribbons isn't dead. Stop trying to come up with silly explanations for how he is dead because the GN Sword 9000 is this --------- big and what not. You didn't see him impaled or cut in half by the sword, you didn't see him be engulfed in flames. All you saw was a sword penetrating what appears to be the upper chest area of 0 Gundam, not the cockpit which is on the abdominal area.

Ribbons is very well alive, probably planning his revenge and oh will it be good to watch his wrath descend upon CB.
You ask people to not come up with silly explanations yet you don't really have one for Ribbons surviving the unit exploding. It's the 0 Gundam not the other Innovator suits that have escape pods. Either it blew up with him inside it or it blew up while he was trying to get out which isn't very survivable either. There wasn't time for a closeup on Ribbons at his death since it would have clashed with Marina's stupid monologue.

Until he is shown alive I'm just going to believe he's dead. He had his final battle and big moment and it's over. He doesn't have to be the enemy in that movie. Can't wait for his wrath to descend upon CB from the afterlife.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:07   Link #534
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

this was perfect. luv the ending. i really like the way the O Gundam died, it was like it was saying "Thank You" in its dying breath. can't wait for the movie and i hope they keep working on the series, this feels like it can be a new UC era series. the one bad thing about the episode is that I don't think i'll ever see the 00 again, with the O's GN Drive destroyed they better build a new one when they get to jupiter or whatever.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:09   Link #535
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Speaking about Halle, it seems that his piloting tactics are pretty extreme.

Here is the sequence of his finisher.......

Spoiler for spoiler:

And he still has his maniacal laughter accompanying it.
he didn't throw the gun, he gave it back hand pimp slap with his gun
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:09   Link #536
KanaKaishou

Well, as with S1, I have issue with the gundam meisters surviving. I think that the series is more meaningful if the meisters die for their goal. That said, it's Sunrise. I thought Setsuna was 100% dead, but he wasn't.

Still, the ending as "CB still watches over us" isn't all that unreasonable. I'd take it over lots of things, like covering the entire earth in pixie dust.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:11   Link #537
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
You ask people to not come up with silly explanations yet you don't really have one for Ribbons surviving the unit exploding. It's the 0 Gundam not the other Innovator suits that have escape pods. Either it blew up with him inside it or it blew up while he was trying to get out which isn't very survivable either. There wasn't time for a closeup on Ribbons at his death since it would have clashed with Marina's stupid monologue.

Until he is shown alive I'm just going to believe he's dead. He had his final battle and big moment and it's over. He doesn't have to be the enemy in that movie. Can't wait for his wrath to descend upon CB from the afterlife.
I have a pretty damn good explanation, you don't see his fricking body being blown up or impaled by a giant sword. All you see is an explosion, kinda like the explosion that killed Patrick. Besides, the explosion wasn't that strong since Setsuna didn't suffer any serious wounds despite Exia's cockpit being exposed...
Old 2009-03-29, 15:13   Link #538
nutype
Future MD

if anyone should of died it setsuna since his cockpit was clearly exposed to the debris explosion....but he is alive. Shouldnt surprise us that ribbons is alive too.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:15   Link #539
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The way I see it the whole movie idea will be seen as a marketing ploy by those who don't enjoy Gundam 00, but for those that do it will be greeted with anticipation.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:16   Link #540
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
alright I watched the episode again finally in good quality.

The good:
-nice MS battle with the 00/reborn, arios/garazzo, cheridium/gadessa
-bonus round, we get to see the 0 gundam/exia dream fight.
-Movie in 2010
-Everyone seems to have a very short ending.

the bad:
-There was absolutely no reason to go from a 00/reborn fight to a exia/0 gundam fight. For one thing, ribbons could of easily sabre stabbed the 00's cockpit if he has time to recover a cleaved-off GN drive. My interpretation is that this was simply a marketing tool because we see the exia w/ GN sword III and 0 gundam in a commecial immediately after the show.

-This is supposed to be the last episode of the series and yet what we get is an unsatisfying ending because the conflict with main villain isnt settled clearly. We dont see ribbons almark die and we are left to guess about his survival and potential strike back against humanity. With the movie coming out in 2010 it seems obvious that we will see him again. In many ways this isnt the final episode because sunrise is saying

"you wanna know what really happened to ribbons?? Pay for the movie in 2010! Buy the exia and 0 gundam until then hahaha!! fools..."

I cant help but feel unsatisfied with the idea that the main villain's story isnt resolved and it's because of a marketing ploy. I should not have to wait for movie in 2010 to see what happened to Ribbons.

Some confusing elements in the story:
-why is 0 gundam floating in space? Not explained.
-How does ribbons attach the GN drive to the 0 gundam?
-ribbons dead or not? what's the deal with jupiter? I guess i have to watch a movie in 2010 to find out.
-homer suicides (lol...wut?)

In summation, I cant help but feel that this episode was driven by marketing. This episode could have put have really been the final episode instead of 2nd last one. It could of avoided a bunch of logical inconsistancies if it just stuck to the 00/reborn fight instead of show casing the 0 gundam/exia with GN sword III for sales purposes. Ribbons could of been shown dead if not for the movie in 2010. Overall it's a weak ending to a series.
The battle between Exia and 0 had a purpose both as a symbolic and homage to the old Gundams. Also the fact that both Reborn Gundam and 00 were barley operational, I don't think Ribbon could have done much beside getting the GN-drive.
I don't get your complaint about the movie, you most likely are going to see it for free and in these days they need to make more money, and they do these for lot of franchise I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it could be better as this movie has potential to answer all the questions left better as it has more flexibility.
Also 0 Gundam couldn't move hence CB didn't took it.
Again the Reborn and 00 couldn't really fight or finish each other off, as a result Ribbon just took the GN-Drive for that moment.
Patrick is Patrick, this has been one of ongoing thing in 00.
If your view is that this was marketing purpose than fine but I have more optimistic view that it was more than that. Also this isn't the ending to the series so once again we need wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

Nobody from what I saw nobody made any silly explanation of Ribbon being dead.