AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 18:31   Link #2321
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I think except the very first battle in which Head stabs Sakana-chan, and the fan-service battle mode, which was just hilarious; I fast-forwarded every other mech battle ... just a waste of time if you're not into mecha, and even if you are, there are probably better options.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 19:03   Link #2322
Dahak86
Classics never age

yeah, those 2 were some of best mech battles. But, fast-forward'em all? nah...
the last one with flyin' Takuto + homing radar was pretty good. So, I'm hoping for more of the same kind.
Old 2011-02-18, 19:14   Link #2323
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
yeah, those 2 were some of best mech battles. But, fast-forward'em all? nah...
the last one with flyin' Takuto + homing radar was pretty good. So, I'm hoping for more of the same kind.
I really miss Sakana-chan
Old 2011-02-18, 19:59   Link #2324
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Fish girl is overrated. I don't see why so many people like her so much when in the whole story she is stuck in a cage singing a song and telling a story.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 20:09   Link #2325
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Fish girl is overrated. I don't see why so many people like her so much when in the whole story she is stuck in a cage singing a song and telling a story.
Yes, but her song is still quite good. I miss the fights beginning with monochrome.

But Mizuno is the queen. /o/
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 20:19   Link #2326
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm not saying her song was bad or anything but she had no character development. Its like she wasn't even relevant or something. The only things we know about her is she was a maiden and possibly had a romantic interest with Head. The other maidens have their own development unlike her. Liking the song and liking the character is two different things.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 20:45   Link #2327
msg

I agree Takuto keep on winning on every fight is kinda boring and a tad repetitive but i like., Even at some point he does lose, in the end of the day,like our protaganist hero here or like any other protaganist hero, like it or not, he will still win.Also if tauburn is destroyed in zero time, that will be a big poblem for takuto as a driver...so basically he needs to win in every fight

also i like the mecha design base on the artist manequin...or should i call it a puppet doll?
Old 2011-02-18, 20:57   Link #2328
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I'm not saying her song was bad or anything but she had no character development. Its like she wasn't even relevant or something. The only things we know about her is she was a maiden and possibly had a romantic interest with Head. The other maidens have their own development unlike her. Liking the song and liking the character is two different things.
Most characters in this show have essentially little to no development and it's coming back to bite the show in the proverbial ass as we approach the finale as far as I'm concerned. I still think Simone who is a third tier character had more development in that one episode than the main cast has had throughout the series so far. Seriously she's the most clearly developed character as far as I'm concerned and that just shouldn't be the case.

Early on I would have said the show could exist fine on the charm of it's overt wackiness/fabulousness/goofiness what have you, but as we are now essentially in the final quarter I have to ask if this is really all the writing staff was capable of coming up with. I mean so little has happened in 20 episodes that I can't help but feel immensely disappointed even if I never really had all that much in terms of expectations for the series. Just give me a reason to care about the characters, that's all I asked of the show from the start in order to give it a pass and recommendation to friends and so far it's let me down tremendously.

What's worse is that I only recently learned that Star Driver is only going to be 25 episodes and not 26 which leaves even less time than I thought to try and wrap this up in some form. I can't see this ending in any way that doesn't leave me thinking of how much time and potential was squandered. The way they continue to waste time I'm not even really expecting a lead up to a finale and am kind of expecting it to just suddenly end with 25. That's how low my expectations have become.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 21:50   Link #2329
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
That's enough for me
Old 2011-02-19, 01:00   Link #2330
RiderLeangle

Quote:
That's probably why.. She never really got a chance in the story now did she?...
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 01:45   Link #2331
msg

fabulously gay dazzle the stage...........kyaaaa!!!!

Old 2011-02-19, 02:24   Link #2332
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Think about how she expresses her story. Expressions and things like that endear a character for other people. Honestly, Tomatsu Haruka has something to do with it as well.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 05:00   Link #2333
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
uh, wha-?
the mecha battles, although very brief and repetitive, are the only thing that keeps me watching the show; along with the fascinating concept of zero-time, phases and maidens.

drop that, and I'll drop the show entirely. the school-hijinks are funny and entertaining, but certainly not enough to keep me interested.
agreed, whatever people say i watch Star Driver because it has good animation especially on the mecha battles and yep it has enough things to get me interested like the concept of the phases, the seals, and zero-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Most characters in this show have essentially little to no development
character development is not all their is to anime if you want character development then watch your naruto or bleach as their characters are exaggerated to the point its dramatic and annoying
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 05:05   Link #2334
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
character development is not all their is to anime if you want character development then watch your naruto or bleach as their characters are exaggerated to the point its dramatic and annoying
What the hell are you on about? Character development doesn't just mean Naruto or Bleach. Far from it. There are thousands of shows from over the years that deal with a good level of character development.

& personally having none here in Star Driver is the shows huge weakness. Because of it i just don't care about any of the cast at all.
Old 2011-02-19, 05:09   Link #2335
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What the hell are you on about? Character development doesn't just mean Naruto or Bleach. Far from it. There are thousands of shows from over the years that deal with a good level of character development.

& personally having none here in Star Driver is the shows huge weakness. Because of it i just don't care about any of the cast at all.
naruto and bleach are just examples that i pointed out, another example is that he can just watch Fractale as it has more character development, i suggest you watch that too
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 10:01   Link #2336
msg

From the manga star driver anthology vol.1.Almost did not see the third "person"

Old 2011-02-19, 10:51   Link #2337
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Sugata is going to become evil soon! I can see it's coming! Because it's only 6 episodes left till next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
From the manga star driver anthology vol.1.Almost did not see the third "person"

Well, don't you mean that Mecha 'Tauburn' thingy?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-02-20 at 00:57.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 14:35   Link #2338
TheDarkness

Sugata is definitely going to join Kiraboshi. Head offered him the position of leader and Sugata is definitely somewhat jealous of Takuto. I think that he is going to join Kiraboshi so that he can learn how to Apprivoise Samekh and then fight with Takuto.
TheDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:14   Link #2339
Arnavion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
That was the translation I saw and, even though Sugata really wasn't himself there, it still felt pretty out of place in the series to see someone causally cursing like that.
That was the point really. Sugata never refers to himself as "ore" (around Wako), so the out-of-placeness of using "ore" is pretty well conveyed by translating it as "taking a shit".
Arnavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 00:06   Link #2340
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
1. Star Driver PSP Full Trailer (At Last!)

Takuto: It's a Chance!

2. Kanako (The President) Cosplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnavion View Post
That was the point really. Sugata never refers to himself as "ore" (around Wako), so the out-of-placeness of using "ore" is pretty well conveyed by translating it as "taking a shit".
Shouldn't it be like 'I'd have to go to the bathroom' instead? Simple.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-02-20 at 00:14. Reason: Star Driver Update
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen