Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-06-07, 20:52   Link #34601
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
What I'd like to do the Jason Chatwin, the bitch who played the live action GINO (Goku In Name Only).

Might want to do some internetin before you do, He's not a bad actor... if anyone should be slapped, it should be the people who directed, wrote and etced the movie.
Old 2014-06-07, 21:48   Link #34602
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2014-06-08, 04:22   Link #34603
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

Everything makes sense now, doesn't it?
heh, that would be hilarious if it was Arya as well.
Old 2014-06-08, 05:19   Link #34604
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
That video could have been shortened to three words. "Live Action Dragonball".
Well, at least I now understand why fans of the franchise pretend it doesn't exist.
Old 2014-06-08, 06:30   Link #34605
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Well, at least I now understand why fans of the franchise pretend it doesn't exist.
You could probably say that about any anime/game franchise that 'earns' a live action film about it. Only one I've seen get it right is Phoenix Wright.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 06:37   Link #34606
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
You could probably say that about any anime/game franchise that 'earns' a live action film about it. Only one I've seen get it right is Phoenix Wright.
Rurouni Kenshin's is decent...
Old 2014-06-08, 08:50   Link #34607
GDB

I'd say Rurouni Kenshin's is amazing. There's also a fan version of History of Trunks that only has a trailer at the moment, but it looks amazing as hell.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 09:00   Link #34608
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Rurouni Kenshin's is decent...
I'll admit, the only ones I've been aware of lately are Phoenix Wright, that godawful Avatar live action movie by Shaylaman and that atrocity on the previous page - the latter two being because they were marketed like hell on these shores (which usually signifies the whiff of a massive monster turd if Yahtzee is to be believed in his Dante's Inferno review from several years back). Probably not enough to make a sweeping statement like I did, so my apologies.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 09:13   Link #34609
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Rurouni Kenshin and I kinda like the Death Note one as well in it's own way... Or at least the first movie... Might have something to do with Red Hot Chili Peppers....

I've also had fond childhood memories of Kindaichi live action
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 10:16   Link #34610
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've also had fond childhood memories of Kindaichi live action
It's hard to screw up a live action detective series based around realistic crimes, so it doesn't surprise me. The Detective Conan live action series was good too (though humorously, I don't think Conan was in any of the episodes (at least, not for more than like 4 minutes), just Shinichi), but this was about films.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 17:29   Link #34611
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2014-06-08, 21:18   Link #34612
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Might want to do some internetin before you do, He's not a bad actor... if anyone should be slapped, it should be the people who directed, wrote and etced the movie.
Does not make him ANY less guilty for thinking he has the right to take a role that rightfully belonged to an Asian.

For that same reason: Adding Noah Ringer, the worthless little bitch who took Aang's role in "The White Airbender" AND Tom Cruise the worthless little bitch for taking Keiji's role in "All You Need Is Kill" to "bitchslap till deformed and dead" list.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2014-06-09 at 00:40.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 00:25   Link #34613
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Tom Cruise's movie is actually pretty good.

btw if you were given a LOT of money to do these roles, would you turn it down? Answer that TRUTHFULLY before you start swing. :P
Old 2014-06-09, 00:37   Link #34614
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Tom Cruise's movie is actually pretty good.

btw if you were given a LOT of money to do these roles, would you turn it down? Answer that TRUTHFULLY before you start swing. :P
Well, for this question to work I would have to be White, first.

But for the sake of this question I'll pretend I am.

I would be the "Gene Hackman" sort of White Man who refuses to take roles that insult people I love/respect; which is why he refused to take a role offered by Michael Bay in Pearl Harbor out of respect for his Japanese Wife. A truckload of money, yes, but a slap in the face to people he loves and respects regardless.

So my answer would still be no: I will refuse such roles on principle no matter HOW fat the cheque is.

Making Tom Cruise even more of a worthless little bitch because it (A) he already has MORE THAN ENOUGH money (B) it shows he does not give a fuck about respecting Asians.

Noah "the white airbender" Ringer and Jason "white Goku" Chutwin also proven themselves to be even LOWER on the totem-pole of humanity because the flimsy little cheque that they sold their immortal souls for are more than likely not even one TENTH of what was given to Cruise.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2014-06-09 at 00:51.
Old 2014-06-09, 01:17   Link #34615
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
To be fair, you're forgetting the most important aspect of those movies: they were done by HOLLYWOOD. Meaning, White Guy Must Be The Lead Character... or else there's no chance in hell Hollywood will make it into a movie (which really might be the better decision, but that's Hollywood execs for you).

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 01:32   Link #34616
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
To be fair, you're forgetting the most important aspect of those movies: they were done by HOLLYWOOD. Meaning, White Guy Must Be The Lead Character... or else there's no chance in hell Hollywood will make it into a movie (which really might be the better decision, but that's Hollywood execs for you).
Well, can still happily sleep at night knowing that the shriveled old corpses in charge, coughing blood-streaked nicotine-rich phlegm while roaring from their uncomfortable deathbeds at their spoiled cocaine-high executive-kids to keep the state of multiculturalism just like the days of Breakfast At Tiffany's while screaming for their damned-prune-juice and to change their hospital daipers are in a LOT of pain.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2014-06-09 at 01:51.
Old 2014-06-09, 03:04   Link #34617
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Does not make him ANY less guilty for thinking he has the right to take a role that rightfully belonged to an Asian.
No, it rightfully belonged to a monkey man alien.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 03:45   Link #34618
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Sadly, we shall be waiting a while for the monkey man aliens, unless science has an accident at some point in the near future. But thats a different movie yet again!
Old 2014-06-09, 05:43   Link #34619
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 09:30   Link #34620
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Making Tom Cruise even more of a worthless little bitch because it (A) he already has MORE THAN ENOUGH money (B) it shows he does not give a fuck about respecting Asians.
Only if he did terrible, but it was actually really good.

Tags
humor