AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Higurashi

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-17, 18:36   Link #821
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Kataribanashi-hen is the manga for stories that has won the Square-Enix novel contest. It's an offically recognized anthology manga.
__________________
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 23:32   Link #822
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
Kataribanashi-hen is a doujin anthology. Whoever said that first was right >_>.
That would be me. Some one should scanslate it (I don't care who) since there is little chance of it being licensed right? Cuz it's not one of the main ones.
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:02   Link #823
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: I live nowhere.
Age: 23
Translator?

Is anyone willing to translate one or more (not necessarily all) of these:

-->the rest of Watanagashi-hen or Tatarigoroshi-hen (since The Higurashi Project seems to be dead)
-->Meakashi-hen
-->Tsumihoroboshi-hen
-->Kataribanashi-hen
-->Nekogoroshi-hen
-->Kuradashi-hen

I'd be editor/proofreader. ^^" Just PM me about it if you're interested.

Edit:
Here are cover scans missing from the first page.
Kuradashi-hen?
Utsutsukowashi-hen

Last edited by HigurashiRika_04621; 2008-07-19 at 16:09. Reason: Scans
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 19:54   Link #824
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post
Is anyone willing to translate one or more (not necessarily all) of these:

-->the rest of Watanagashi-hen or Tatarigoroshi-hen (since The Higurashi Project seems to be dead)
-->Meakashi-hen
-->Tsumihoroboshi-hen
-->Kataribanashi-hen
-->Nekogoroshi-hen
-->Kuradashi-hen

I'd be editor/proofreader. ^^" Just PM me about it if you're interested.

Edit:
Here are cover scans missing from the first page.
Kuradashi-hen?
Utsutsukowashi-hen
Utsutsukowashi-hen is a done deal, and Nekogoroshi is a book not a manga. Watanagashi-hen & Tatarigoroshi-hen are licensed and Meakashi and Tsumi are probably going to be as well, once the earlier volumes come out.
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 20:00   Link #825
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: I live nowhere.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Utsutsukowashi-hen is a done deal, and Nekogoroshi is a book not a manga. Watanagashi-hen & Tatarigoroshi-hen are licensed and Meakashi and Tsumi are probably going to be as well, once the earlier volumes come out.
I know that Nekogoroshi-hen and Kuradashi-hen is a novel. I was just wondering if anyone'd be willing to translate it, since a lot of people want to read them.

I wasn't even asking anyone to translate Utsutsukowashi-hen. I already know that it's done. o.o

And even if the main series is liscensed, there's Kataribanashi-hen.

And even then, so far, Yen Press doesn't seem to be too tight on their copyrights. o.o
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 20:06   Link #826
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post

And even then, so far, Yen Press doesn't seem to be too tight on their copyrights. o.o
?...... An example please
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 14:07   Link #827
vasili10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Utsutsukowashi-hen is a done deal, and Nekogoroshi is a book not a manga. Watanagashi-hen & Tatarigoroshi-hen are licensed and Meakashi and Tsumi are probably going to be as well, once the earlier volumes come out.
If raw scans of Tsumihoroboshi last chapter can be provided somewhere, that'll tide me over until the licensed versions appear. Anyone?
vasili10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 15:04   Link #828
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
I'd like to translate minagoroshi & matsuribayashi-hen manga

The first has only 2 chapters (45p each), the latter, has only one so far (around 60p)

If anyone is interested in editing, PM me.
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 15:12   Link #829
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: I live nowhere.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
?...... An example please
Some companies are really tight on their copyrights (Tokyopop, Funimation, etc.), while others aren't. Geneon probably wasn't, seeing as Higurashi was never taken down from places like Crunchyroll (except Youtube 'cause Youtube sucks) until Funimation licensed it. So far, at least from what I've heard, Yen Press told no one to take off any of their series. The only site to take Higurashi down was EBL because they don't do licensed stuff anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasili10 View Post
If raw scans of Tsumihoroboshi last chapter can be provided somewhere, that'll tide me over until the licensed versions appear. Anyone?
http://photo.163.com/photos/koesuki
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 16:00   Link #830
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post


Some companies are really tight on their copyrights (Tokyopop, Funimation, etc.), while others aren't. Geneon probably wasn't, seeing as Higurashi was never taken down from places like Crunchyroll (except Youtube 'cause Youtube sucks) until Funimation licensed it. So far, at least from what I've heard, Yen Press told no one to take off any of their series. The only site to take Higurashi down was EBL because they don't do licensed stuff anyways.



http://photo.163.com/photos/koesuki
Just because they didn't track down scanslators and complain doesn't mean they aren't "tight" with thier copyrights. They plan to release it and the first chapter is coming out very soon in thier magazine. If you are patient, you will be getting those mangas you wanted translated legally, I see no reason for them to cancel it or whatever you were implying. Also, anime companies have always brought the hammer down on subbers much more than manga companies have gone after sanslators. Most scanslators removed lisenced manga from thier websites not because they were asked, but because they wish for people to buy thier own copies, and avoid the slight chance a company would complain. Also, it means less work for them.
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 16:41   Link #831
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: I live nowhere.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Just because they didn't track down scanslators and complain doesn't mean they aren't "tight" with thier copyrights. They plan to release it and the first chapter is coming out very soon in thier magazine. If you are patient, you will be getting those mangas you wanted translated legally, I see no reason for them to cancel it or whatever you were implying. Also, anime companies have always brought the hammer down on subbers much more than manga companies have gone after sanslators. Most scanslators removed lisenced manga from thier websites not because they were asked, but because they wish for people to buy thier own copies, and avoid the slight chance a company would complain. Also, it means less work for them.

I know they are releasing it soon, and I'm not saying anyone should cancel anything.

And Kataribanashi-hen, Nekogoroshi-hen, and Kuradashi-hen probably won't get translated anyways. o.o
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 17:24   Link #832
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
I'd like to translate minagoroshi & matsuribayashi-hen manga

The first has only 2 chapters (45p each), the latter, has only one so far (around 60p)

If anyone is interested in editing, PM me.
Wait... Ace where did you find the RAWs?
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:45   Link #833
vasili10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post
That doesn't have it; I keep checking there from time to time.
vasili10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 09:15   Link #834
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
I'd like to translate minagoroshi & matsuribayashi-hen manga

The first has only 2 chapters (45p each), the latter, has only one so far (around 60p)

If anyone is interested in editing, PM me.
Any volunteer? Aortic? Benny?

HigurashiRika_04621 is having troubles with the raws
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 11:04   Link #835
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1
Sorry, I'm not interested in Minagoroshi-hen or Matsuribayashi-hen.
Benny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 12:11   Link #836
tobiast88
No patience for fools
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Why? Both arcs are canon. I'd understand if you didn't want to do Kataribanashi or whatever.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 17:36   Link #837
Aortic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Ultimately definitely, but right now I've sort of got lagged up on that finishing up that Touhou mahjong doujin from way back. Just about every page has like two hours of redrawing on it.. T_T

But you don't happen to have a zip of the Hitakakushi-hen raws do you? I had a little trouble navigating that site and would love to try to get that out sometime soon....
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:29   Link #838
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1
I don't like the plot in Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen. Canon or not.
Benny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:11   Link #839
Killy69
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Wait... Ace where did you find the RAWs?
you can find it on jcafe

I have minagoroshi-hen c1-3 and Matsuribayashi-hen c1

btw, Tsumihoroboshi-hen c15-17 is out too
Killy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 23:52   Link #840
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killy69 View Post
you can find it on jcafe

I have minagoroshi-hen c1-3 and Matsuribayashi-hen c1

btw, Tsumihoroboshi-hen c15-17 is out too
I didn't see them there.............. got a link?
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.