Author 13 17.57%
Recommendation 35 47.30%
Character Design 43 58.11%
Trailers 11 14.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-13, 14:35   Link #41
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Genre - Very influencing depending on what I'm in the mood to watch.
Studio - Only helps with connecting/finding out about other anime.
Author - Only very rarely have I been influenced by the author.
Recommendation - Influencing.
Character Design - Somewhat influencing. Sometimes I'm picky, and sometimes I don't care.
Trailers - I usually watch trailers after I become interested in something.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 05:49   Link #42
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post

Ehh?

When March came around, maybe a third of the anime world was talking about Code Geass's second season almost exclusively.
Maybe a tenth of all of the threads in /a/ right now are Code Geass threads.

Of course, it's not as hyped as Fullmetal Alchemist and Haruhi, but it's a bit newer than Haruhi, and it's been barely a year since it finished airing.
Thanks for the info.

Maybe I've missed the hype because Code Geass is a mecha anime, and most of my anime-watching friends (including the two that I get most of my recommendations from) aren't really into mecha anime? I, myself, don't mind watching mecha anime, but it's far from my first choice...

Don't get me wrong - I had certainly heard of Code Geass before this thread, and heard it was a popular anime, but I haven't heard/read many people hype the anime based on their own personal take on it.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 07:21   Link #43
r-18

i surf google images and then if i see a promising pix i try to get an avi or some you tube stuff to see if it is as good as it looks.
r-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 10:40   Link #44
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Thanks for the info.

Maybe I've missed the hype because Code Geass is a mecha anime, and most of my anime-watching friends (including the two that I get most of my recommendations from) aren't really into mecha anime? I, myself, don't mind watching mecha anime, but it's far from my first choice...

Don't get me wrong - I had certainly heard of Code Geass before this thread, and heard it was a popular anime, but I haven't heard/read many people hype the anime based on their own personal take on it.
Ah, yes, if you pass this opportunity, then you will surely regret it. Take it from me, someone who doesn't like watching mecha. In fact, maybe the reason for why it's not popular is that except for the few fights with the Lancelot, the major appeal of Code Geass isn't the mecha scenes.

Once again, I find it incredibly unreasonable how people can react negatively to hype. Sure, people will affect whether or not you will try out an anime, but other people's opinions shouldn't affect how much you like an anime. What hype does is raise your expectations to astronomical proportions, so the appropriate action is to forget the hype while watching it, not completely dissing it.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-16 at 11:04.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:00   Link #45
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I'm a pervert.. So the anime I choose to watched is mostly influenced by those posted on /e/

So, its character design and recommendation in 1 compact bundle

I do tend to stay away from loli char design and end up with series that have at least one BBB
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 19:54   Link #46
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Ah, yes, if you pass this opportunity, then you will surely regret it. Take it from me, someone who doesn't like watching mecha. In fact, maybe the reason for why it's not popular is that except for the few fights with the Lancelot, the major appeal of Code Geass isn't the mecha scenes.
Thanks to my discussion with qtipbrit92 on Code Geass, I decided to check it out. Thanks for your words as well, though, which would have prompted me to check out Code Geass if I hadn't already.

Yeah, the mecha scenes are really just the icing on top - the broader elements of the anime are a very encaptivating and fun cast of characters, a genuinely epic and suspenseful plotline (Code Geass does this as well as any anime I've ever seen), gorgeous animation and character design, and pretty good philosophical/political intrigues.

I also like how Code Geass has elements to it that seem, to me, to be inspired by things outside of the anime world. Zero, for example, reminds me a bit of V for Vendetta, while the Holy Brittania Empire reminds me a bit of Oceania in Orwell's 1984.

Code Geass is definitely one of the top 10 anime that I've ever watched.

Quote:
Once again, I find it incredibly unreasonable how people can react negatively to hype. Sure, people will affect whether or not you will try out an anime, but other people's opinions shouldn't affect how much you like an anime. What hype does is raise your expectations to astronomical proportions, so the appropriate action is to forget the hype while watching it, not completely dissing it.
I try to take hype as something that means that, if nothing else, the anime being hyped is likely impactful and unique in one way or another. A highly hyped anime clearly leaves a major impression on a lot of anime fans, so it's something worth watching just to find out what that impression might be coming from.

I do try to forget the hype while I'm actually watching the anime itself though.

Code Geass comes very close to living up to the hype, imo, which is certainly saying something.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 06:51   Link #47
Banditopants
Pathetic Wannnabe Writer

I go by genre, and then character design, they typically tend to go hand in hand because I don't like mecha and (no offense to mecha fans) a lot of the characters in those shows look like Ike with a headset. (not including most the female characters)
Banditopants is offline   Reply With Quote