2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 13:02   Link #1041
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_max View Post
Its not about argumenting... I'm just trying to clear some facts !
you simply said hes said... with my poor english level I just can't think of any other word/grammar to say that you are not in the right path of thinking otherwise I didn't mean to insult you or anything
maybe you could go back to this post and help me understand what I'm not getting ---> Click
Just remember Nunnally hand lying hax power.
She can tell if someone is lying by just touching there hand.
We never really found out how that happen.
I would say she has some type of power.
that's just me though.
In the end the little animation that usually accompanies the situation you are implying did not happen.
Thus it is very open to interpretation.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:03   Link #1042
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTime View Post
Lelouch said: "I shall let myself be taken under the Geass called "the wishes of everyone". To do that he had to die. C.C. would also not be crying about Lelouch taking retribution for his using geass.
In this case... Him dying was more like the Symbol of Evil EMPEROR dying... not the real Him ! well at the end of the story I didn't see any sign of her crying... and also she crying could have a different meaning as well... she being happy realizing that her wish ( what lulu promised her ) has come true...
Gt_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:04   Link #1043
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I really like the foreshadowing from episode 1 of season 1 when lelouch said right before he used the geass on the soldiers:
"撃っていいのは、撃たれる覚悟のあるヤツだけ" (Only those who are prepared to be shot, may shoot).
They repeated this line right before Suzaku stabs Lelouch.

Lelouch has prepared himself for death all along. He's ready for it. That's why he has the right to do everything he does throughout the entire series. That's good script writing.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:04   Link #1044
Gt_max

My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends.

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.

Source : animeotaku
Old 2008-09-28, 13:05   Link #1045
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
In this case... Him dying was more like the Symbol of Evil EMPEROR dying... not the real Him ! well at the end of the story I didn't see any sign of her crying... and also she crying could have a different meaning as well... she being happy realizing that her wish ( what lulu promised her ) has come true...
i don't buy this.
But you can believe that XD.
I for one think lelouch is dead.
With one of the most awesome death scenes ever i cried every single I saw the scene =x.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:05   Link #1046
Ypocaramel

I don't think what Lelouch did was emo at all. Emo is feeling sorry for yourself when you really have nothing to feel, Lelouch... killed a lot of people. Killed the JLF. Killed a lot of Black Knights. Killed a lot of Brittanians. Maybe repentance is cliched, but if he just put his ass on the throne as benevolent dictator of the world, that would have been lame.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:06   Link #1047
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Kinda pathetic that Lulus "Friends" and Family couldn't even figure out what he was planning until the very end when it's been blatantly obvious all along...

Makes me think CCxLulu is the only really viable pairing seeing as shes pretty much the only one that really ever understood him from start to finish...

Oh well was a fine ending I guess...Mostly just made Lulu look good and the rest be dim bulbs...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:06   Link #1048
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
I don't think what Lelouch did was emo at all. Emo is feeling sorry for yourself when you really have nothing to feel, Lelouch... killed a lot of people. Killed the JLF. Killed a lot of Black Knights. Killed a lot of Brittanians. Maybe repentance is cliched, but if he just put his ass on the throne as benevolent dictator of the world, that would have been lame.
He could have still followed his plan, but faked his death for real instead of a somewhat obvious suicide. I called it emo solely because the plan called for his death in the end.

Lelouch's last lines indicate as much that he did this to atone for everything he did (he called his death his punishment) but I honestly believe that if you truly wish to atone for something, you do something positive, not kill yourself. Lelouch could have ended the war in a more peaceful manner, so i don't buy the idea that Zero Requiem was about world peace. If it was, it was to accomplish world peace through a means even more nefarious than Schneizel's plan.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:07   Link #1049
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I am more inclined to believe Lelouch is dead as well, especially considering how they handled his death scene and the flashbacks in between. Even though I'd want Lelouch to have a happier end then this, in the end he accomplished what he set out to do and died with a smile. I have to say that is probably the most emotional scene in Code Geass so far.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:08   Link #1050
Jestersage

Okay, how are the JAPANESE fanbase handling this? Anyone got stuff from 2chan?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:09   Link #1051
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends.

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.

Source : animeotaku
nice.

I can only hope for a ova or movie and I'll be 125% satisfied.

edit: C.C quote- In the ending only I will remain at your side.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:09   Link #1052
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Okay, how are the JAPANESE fanbase handling this? Anyone got stuff from 2chan?
The trolling goes on in 2ch and usual the bitching
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:09   Link #1053
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Just remember Nunnally hand lying hax power.
She can tell if someone is lying by just touching there hand.
We never really found out how that happen.
I would say she has some type of power.
that's just me though.
In the end the little animation that usually accompanies the situation you are implying did not happen.
Thus it is very open to interpretation.
HAX power ?!! is there actually such a thing ?! I don't think so... even if there was something similar there could have been a lil more emphasized through out the whole story on that ...
I don't believe she had Hax power... but it is in human nature... when they lose one of their 6th senses... other 5 sense become stronger as the person has to struggle harder to fully visualize and understand his/her environment... and for her telling People.. Oni San I know you are not telling me the truth ! is just a pure guess ! and other than that... The whole story was involved around the GEASS Power... I don't think director/writer would actually think of bringing such a "wired", " out of nowhere " power to the story... just for the sake of justifying the mysterious things happened in the few ending minutes of the last episode
Old 2008-09-28, 13:10   Link #1054
hchuang

I dunno why it's needed to get into the technicals of whether lelouch is immortal or not. If Lelouch wants to fake his own death he can EASILY pull it off and fool everyone.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:11   Link #1055
killbethy

On a side note... did anyone else notice that in the wedding picture all the Britannians were on one side and the UFN was on the other?

The take on Lelouch being alive... I think the only way that it would be the case (and yes there are many hints) was that he himself didn't know that he was an immortal and honestly thought that he was going to die. Part of me feels like it would be unfair to Suzaku... but then on the other hand, Suzaku did tell him to carry out his lies to the very end. But I'm still leaning towards, if he's alive, he didn't know it was going to be the case.

As for the wagon scene... C.C. could just be talking to herself as she is looking up into the sky or the World of C.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:11   Link #1056
Wolfpack

Yes, I fully support R2 referring to Lelouch. There is no L in the japanese language, so R is apparently the closest thing! Just ran to check my japanese language text to confirm my sanity.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:11   Link #1057
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

I don't think Nunnaly got a vision of Lelouch's memories, but it was stated that she could tell when someone is lying just by touching his hand no ?
Pan chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:12   Link #1058
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
On a side note... did anyone else notice that in the wedding picture all the Britannians were on one side and the UFN was on the other?
That only happened because it was friends of the groom on one side and friends of the bride on the other - that always happens in weddings.

Best part: Kallen being on the britannian side instead of black knight side. Guess she chose Gino over her old loyalties.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:12   Link #1059
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
There is a flaw with saying that R2 is the end and having Lelouch be immortal. The peace can only last for so long... look at our own history with WWI and WWII. People forget the heroes, people forget the villains... as generations die, the story is told and history becomes legend and then becomes a fairytale. If Lelouch is immortal (and, believe me, I would like him to be), the story hasn't truly ended.
It wasn't meant to be permanent, that was Schneizel's idea, not Lelouch's.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:13   Link #1060
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Omg.
Just... omg.
This was the first anime to truly make me cry.
I also laughed hysterically while doing so, but that's something that happens much more often than me actually shedding more than just one or two tears in silence.
I saw most of it coming after the "Aishiteru, Nunally"-part, but I think that made it even worse.
And then Suzaku showed up again...
I think I can savely say now that this is the best anime I ever watched.
And I don't care if Lelouch is dead or still alive somehwere... he died, and it was vital for the happy end he envisioned. It's the saddes happy end I've ever seen and I'm glad I almost never doubted hin. Otherwise, I would feel bad now, fictional character or not.

Quote:
Suzaku: Gets shafted because Lelouch would not have atoned for killing Euphie. I am not sure if that's something he is willing to accept.
Not only would Suzaku not have to know, I've also got a lot more faith in him.
Lelouch died and made the world the place they always wanted it to be. Suzaku - his best friend and the one who took his life - cried for him.
And I think he forgave him long before that.