AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 18:22   Link #521
Kioras

I found something interesting, and it does explain a few things, mostly on the characters ages.

In chapter 92, the magazine raw)which i don't have a copy of) there is a 2 page color spread that shows the various ages of the characters, height and some other characteristics I don't know if this as of chapter 92, or when the series started.

it shows :
Aladdin : 10
Alibaba : 16
Morgianna : 14
Ren Hakuryuu : 16
Ren Hakuei : 21
Ren Kougyoku : 17
Judal : 18
Sinbad : 29
Ja'far : 25
Masrur : 20
Sharrkan : 21
Yamuraiha : 23

Of course currently there have been 3 time skips, totaling around 6 months each. Once before the balbadd arc, when they had to travel from the east there. Another after the Balbadd arc, and the most recent in the training arc.

So I expect and look forward to seeing a slightly new character design to both Alibaba and Morgianna.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 20:41   Link #522
marvelB

Actually, I wouldn't mind an update on Baba and Mor, either. Especially Mor.... we've only had like..... what, about 2-3 chapters of her adventure so far while the other guys had WAY more? C'mon, Ohtaka, you can do better than that.

As far as Alibaba goes..... well, I am interested in seeing if his future coliseum battles are as intense and violent as that first one against the monster ape.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 20:58   Link #523
Awrya
U mad?

In fact, after Mor met Yunan, do we know if she decided to go to the dark continent?
It's like her story is really cut short compared to others, even Hakuryuu's "story" was more fleshed out
Old 2012-11-10, 21:39   Link #524
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
In fact, after Mor met Yunan, do we know if she decided to go to the dark continent?
It's like her story is really cut short compared to others, even Hakuryuu's "story" was more fleshed out
It's really not a fair comparison... Hakuryu's story is as much a story of the Kou Empire, just it was his own.

Mor's story arc, on the other hand, is a 'personal journey' story through-and-through. It's not as intertwined with the geo-politics, main plot and conspiracies within Magi compared to the other 3.

The issue with Mor's character arc, is that her story is also less dense than Alibaba, Aladdin or Hakuryu... by far.

To be fair, she's never going to be on-par in importance and plot-relevance compared to those 3, but for her to scale accordingly, she'll also need to have a different sort of personal discovery going into her character arc, which at this point, is pretty basic.

Quote:
Mor's already reached the Dark Continent. Like what Masrur said, there's no issue reaching the Dark Continent, finding any Fanalis there is the problem.

It would be a massive trollfest on Ohtaka's side if Mor somehow decided to not go across the rift. It doesn't do anything but to continue putting awkward stopgaps in terms of Mor's character journey, which at the moment ,isn't very dense to begin with.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 03:38   Link #525
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I want Aladdin to...

Spoiler for c.162:
Spoiler for 162:
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 08:09   Link #526
Awrya
U mad?

162 is out.
Spoiler for 162:
Old 2012-11-13, 09:02   Link #527
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, Mogamett is no less a bastard, given how he's obviously stopped looking at non-magicians as people a loooooooong time ago. Kind of sad though how Titus has bitten into the little offer (Malga's continued welfare) hook, line, and sinker. There's a real possibility now that Aladdin will be just as alone when he leaves the country as he was when he entered it.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:15   Link #528
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Anyone think that Marga is gonna die at some point? I don't think she can live long after this.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:50   Link #529
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You know, an average person shows a lot more compassion towards kittens than Dumberdouche showed to those kids though.
If some kittens came crying rubbing their face on my feet while I give another kitten to someone, I wouldn't kick the kittens with disgust.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:58   Link #530
kenjtr

I think aladdin will choose goi study .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 10:18   Link #531
Yaskaleh

Spoiler for Chapter 162:
Yaskaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 11:18   Link #532
marvelB

If Aladdin is allowed to take multiple subjects, then I'd say he would most likely pick Goi Research along with Djinn Research and rukh properties/alterations. Though I sorta can't help but feel that if he does take the goi research, the lessons are going to be heavily biased/warped to reflect Dumblemort's view of the poor muggles.....

And speaking of Dumblemort, I found it kinda amusing that Aladdin shared my exact same thoughts of him treating Marga like some stray kitten when he picked her up.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 12:11   Link #533
Kazu-kun

Quote:
About Yamu's magic barrier, I doubt someone described as a one of a kind genius would not know about possible side effects of the barrier.
I think she knows. That's the point. That she's willing to go that far for Sindria shows that she really believes in Sinbad's cause.
Old 2012-11-13, 13:02   Link #534
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Am I a bad person when I think Magometts ambitions aren't all that wrong? .-.
Old 2012-11-13, 13:23   Link #535
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post

They aren't, but his methods...I dont know.

I can see why he wants to create a magician's world, but I think he's going a bit too far.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 13:30   Link #536
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post

His ideals (a city where magi research can thrive) aren't the problem, but the execution. As someone already said, magoi extraction should be like a tax and no country on earth taxes children (they do so indirectly, but in the end it is the fathers money what they actually tax). Also taxing the feeble and the sick should be a no go. Finally, there is no reason why the academy should be restricted to magoi, there is a lot to study besides magic, the arts, science (which even in a world with magic would exist); just because you can build a house with magic does not mean architectural knowledge is not required. Having a society where people do nothing at all 24x7 (except getting their magoi sucked) is doomed to a rebellion sooner or later. Even if they crush the rebelion (cue death star music theme) most of the young ones will never reach adult age so at some point they will wage war to enslave other nations to continue the status quo.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 16:04   Link #537
Grey

I think it's interesting that Aladdin is lost on whether Mogamett is a "good person" or "bad person." Probably because he has an odd mixture of both extremes.

The whole livestock thing really explains the Fifth District. I wondered why there were death pits but free food and healthcare. It's because he really sees them like livestock or at least of a different species of less importance. And if there's a good chunk of truth to his generalizations about magicians and non-magicians, I can really understand how he ended up thinking like that.

I can't really call him good or bad. But his Fifth District policies could definitely use a bit less of the "goi are livestock!" sentiment.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 16:42   Link #538
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not sure I'd call someone a "good person" that can kick aside small children like that because he thinks they're nothing more than dirt on his feet. The only reason he's even bothering with Marga is to placate Titus...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 17:16   Link #539
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I think it's interesting that Aladdin is lost on whether Mogamett is a "good person" or "bad person." Probably because he has an odd mixture of both extremes.

The whole livestock thing really explains the Fifth District. I wondered why there were death pits but free food and healthcare. It's because he really sees them like livestock or at least of a different species of less importance. And if there's a good chunk of truth to his generalizations about magicians and non-magicians, I can really understand how he ended up thinking like that.

I can't really call him good or bad. But his Fifth District policies could definitely use a bit less of the "goi are livestock!" sentiment.
Pretty sure Aladdin has already made his decision regarding Dumbledouche. He knows that Dumbledouche's policies will cause the 'end of the world'. Think about it, his policies are so incompatible with the Sindra and Kou Empires that they will eventually go to war over it. Djinn Equip is still more the capable of matching magic, not to mention the raw numbers the GOI empires can field can easily overwhelm less capable magicians.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 17:19   Link #540
Xacual

I'm honestly curious about why Aladdin hasn't asked Titus if he can talk to Schezerade. It seems to me to be the best course of action since Titus is all but useless now.

Also I wonder what would happen if Aladdin tried to leave the city after his studies are over.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen