Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-08, 23:00   Link #4541
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
remember hito have a "adaptative" skill, where he "goes strong" as the fight goes, the most fast or strong or both the enemie is he can "evolve" during the battle to match or outmatch it, while he can true "get permanent power ups like transformations he can temporary grow strong to match his enemie, the point is if it have a limit or no.

Ya, Ui isn't really a power up per say. Goku is still running on the same 1300mha battery. but got a new A11 Bionic chip set that allow him to use the energy in a different way.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 00:04   Link #4542
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Think Vegetto would stand a chance against Jiren?
Even if Vegito can beat Jiren, the time limit will screw them up.

Fusion is never allows to win the fight.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 00:10   Link #4543
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
If he has included movies, then yes, Spirit Bomb was definitely saved their ass so many times.
You know that like saying
"Broly is canon and also Cooler"
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 00:12   Link #4544
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh, so I guess the Spirit Bomb didn't kill Goku cuz he's not evil; he's just a dumbshit.

Anyhow, cool insert song. It's like a throwback to even before Dragon Ball.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 00:15   Link #4545
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Speaking super saiyan limit i think that is not complete form yet with that limit and there is hint that Goku must regain that form again to defeat Jiren which implying whether to regain or to complete it.
That form also remind me for non-canon pseudo super saiyan from Slug movie.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 09:29   Link #4546
justavisitor

The thing I enjoy the most in the last episode is that when everyone else questions how Goku can survive and get even stronger after the blast, everyone in U7 is so chill and getting used to the hax from Goku

And the first person view from goku (guarding from the "strong" lady, and the first kick after the transformation) is just so cool !!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 11:04   Link #4547
Sixth
Hu Tao

Do you guys think it was a very cool moment that Goku used all SSJ form (what is SSJ3? ) to test Jiren's power?

Base form and SSJ does zero damage, SSJ2 managed to Jiren's head a bit, and SSG forced Jiren to use his finger to block. This has showed that the gap between SSJ2 and SSG was so enormous.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 11:30   Link #4548
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Just out of curiosity what's the insert song for ep 110 called?
Old 2017-10-09, 14:01   Link #4549
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Do you guys think it was a very cool moment that Goku used all SSJ form (what is SSJ3? ) to test Jiren's power?

Base form and SSJ does zero damage, SSJ2 managed to Jiren's head a bit, and SSG forced Jiren to use his finger to block. This has showed that the gap between SSJ2 and SSG was so enormous.
Better than when Goku fought Beerus in the afterlife for the first time.
The SSJ2 is not worth Whis's time to eat.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 16:20   Link #4550
chaos_animagic

So... Goku's new power-up is pretty much the "awakened Gohan" where his "full" potential is unleashed without going into SuperSaiyan and such.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 16:26   Link #4551
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
So... Goku's new power-up is pretty much the "awakened Gohan" where his "full" potential is unleashed without going into SuperSaiyan and such.
Well this potential is different because it's a technique the Gods and Angels use, so Gohan never could have this potential without reaching that level/having that ki most likely.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 18:04   Link #4552
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
This is more like an state of mind rather than a transformation. For example, only sayans can become super sayans. That's a transformation. But this "ultra instinct" thing is something anyone can do as long as they reach that state of mind.

Also, this state was first hinted at in the Freeza movie. Back then Whiss explained that in order to reach the fastest movements and reaction, you'd have to move automatically, without thinking. He said this was so hard to achieve not even Beerus has managed to do it.

That's what "ultra instinct" is all about. It's pure instinctual movement and reaction, pretty much bypassing the brain. It's martial arts enlightenment as its highest degree.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-10-09 at 18:24.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 18:58   Link #4553
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's what "ultra instinct" is all about. It's pure instinctual movement and reaction, pretty much bypassing the brain. It's martial arts enlightenment as its highest degree.
While that seems to be the main point of the technique, there does seem to be an undeniable strength boost that came with it though.

I mean Whis pretty much established the fact that the spirit bomb wasn't giving him a power boost. It was just being used as an energy source to replace the energy he'd completely depleted earlier on. And yet, even in base form, ultra instinct allowed Goku to continue packing enough power behind his punches to force Jiren to take them seriously--unlike SSJ1 and 2 where Jiren didn't even need to defend.

So while I also don't consider this a transformation, so far I think it's fair to compare it to a power-up technique. I'm almost tempted to think of this as the gods version of kaio-ken. Merely tapping into it allows one to begin stepping foot into the realm of the gods while complete mastery may allow one to walk among them (figuratively speaking).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 19:12   Link #4554
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

What I see it as, is an extension of his base form. We've had transformation after transformation, being "multipliers" since the Kaioken. You could say the only two base form changes we've had since early Z is god ki and this ultra instinct, or as I've seen it: "mastery of movement". So I think it may be possible to combine his transformations with it, but he'd probably run out of stamina in a second. I much prefer it to another Super Saiyan form.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 20:18   Link #4555
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So while I also don't consider this a transformation, so far I think it's fair to compare it to a power-up technique. I'm almost tempted to think of this as the gods version of kaio-ken. Merely tapping into it allows one to begin stepping foot into the realm of the gods while complete mastery may allow one to walk among them (figuratively speaking).
Using more efficient movements would naturally give his attacks more power but I don't think this is a multiplayer like kaio-ken. I think Seafoam has the right idea when he calls it "mastery of movements." That's what it looks like to me too, and it fits with Whis' explanation in the Freeza movie.
Old 2017-10-09, 20:20   Link #4556
rpgman1

Biggest problem is that Goku isn't even aware of it when Vegeta asked the question about what is it.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 20:23   Link #4557
Kazu-kun

He is aware of it. He just doesn't know what it was and how he did it. He reached this state accidentally. It will take time until he can figure things out and do it again.
Old 2017-10-09, 20:35   Link #4558
GDB

I'm not entirely convinced he was in "base" form, to be honest. It just seems like even more BS than normal for Toei to have base form do that much just because he can move more naturally when he connected as a SSJ2 and did nothing. I imagine he has to be in that "God Ki non-SSJ" form from Resurrection F.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 21:02   Link #4559
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
He is aware of it. He just doesn't know what it was and how he did it. He reached this state accidentally. It will take time until he can figure things out and do it again.
Easy, just get hit by another condensed Spirit Bomb/ Blackhole thingy, LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 21:04   Link #4560
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm not entirely convinced he was in "base" form, to be honest. It just seems like even more BS than normal for Toei to have base form do that much just because he can move more naturally when he connected as a SSJ2 and did nothing. I imagine he has to be in that "God Ki non-SSJ" form from Resurrection F.
He's probably using some sort of god ki or angel ki for this, yeah. I don't think he could awaken this ultra instinct thing if he wasn't able to use god ki to begin with. There's a limit to what you can do as a human. As a god, the story is different.

On that note, it looks like Jiren can use some sort of pseudo "ultra instinct" with the power from his eyes. Note his eyes glow when he's ready to attack.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy