AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-27, 10:32   Link #1681
hinakatbklyn

Now to wait and see if any favorites won or pulled upset victories. Until then:

Spoiler for Still some interesting matches for Round 6:
Old 2011-05-27, 14:59   Link #1682
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

The Ayase vs Mato match sounds hard since Ayase looks very weak in my opinion while Mato is sometimes stronger than she looks.
Old 2011-05-27, 20:36   Link #1683
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
The Ayase vs Mato match sounds hard since Ayase looks very weak in my opinion while Mato is sometimes stronger than she looks.
Strength-wise, they are the same (as in they're as weak as each other) Mato has 1 more win (As of Topaz 4) but Ayase does have the lowest VD out of all the 3-win character.

Anyway, preview of next round since I'm bored...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-27, 22:43   Link #1684
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Regarding round 5's result... GG Ayase. Kanade's SDO is secured in your hands.
Old 2011-05-27, 22:47   Link #1685
hinakatbklyn

Azusa > Hina: I guess losing by less than 300 is considered a moral victory for Hinagiku which should keep her in the running for the postseason.
Mikoto > Yuki: Awesome win. And she won by more than what she got against Yuki last year.

Other very good wins: Last Order, Ruri, Charlotte, Nadeko, Yui-nyan, Kyou, Nagi, Haruna

Nice job by Eri in a losing effort. It shows that she isn't completely forgotten.
Old 2011-05-27, 23:06   Link #1686
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Interesting shifts in top 16 overall after this round looks 16th[and possibly 15th] will be highly contested like last year. Though I am bit surprised to see Yuri ranked number 5 overall at all, but happy at the same time .

Though Mio did worse on Kanade than I hoped, but I am happy about plenty of other results [Azusa, Yuri, Misaka, Kagami, Kyou, Kuroneko, Yui, and Shana's wins for example ]. And Misuzu's win of course being a key series fan >.>.
MAL
Old 2011-05-27, 23:34   Link #1687
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Sad Holo lost, but happy my people supported her (though by a very, small margin it was).

A lot of them did not go the way I wanted... this time.
Old 2011-05-27, 23:42   Link #1688
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Haruhi v. Ruri-chan - Kuroneko better win this one.
I don't think you have much to worry about there. Haruhi's not even going to get close.
Old 2011-05-27, 23:53   Link #1689
Team Rocket Elite

My stats did unusually well this time around. On average, they were only 0.82 percentage points off the correct result and they got every winner correct. The only match the significantly deviated from what my stats called for was Haruhi's performance on Kirino. Although not huge, Haruhi did do a fair bit better than expected. Hinagiku has really been improving as of late. In Aquamarine, I would have expected Azusa to get closer to 55% but now Hinagiku looks like she could even win if she had a bit more luck. Kuroneko looked a bit weak in her match with Hitagi. The last OreImo OVA episode might help Kuroneko out a bit. I hadn't really noticed until now, but with these latest underperformances by Mikoto, Azusa and Ruri, Shana has climbed her way into second place in my stats mostly through small gains or just staying the same between matches. I'm interested in seeing if she can hang on to second in my stats. Still no one is even close to touching Kanade.
Old 2011-05-28, 00:01   Link #1690
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Disapointed in Yuu and Victorique's losses. Not to many bad results. 2000 vote victory over defending champ Mio is quite nice for Kanade. I am worried she will start garnering hate vote if she keeps curb stomping everyone
Old 2011-05-28, 01:00   Link #1691
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
I am worried she will start garnering hate vote if she keeps curb stomping everyone
I am hopeful she will start garnering hate votes if she keeps curb stomping everyone.
Old 2011-05-28, 02:10   Link #1692
Team Rocket Elite

My current estimates have Kanade getting 57% of the votes against her nearest competition. She has lots and lots of room to work with before anti-votes start to hurt her ability to win. Also, if anti-votes cause Kanade to not dominate as much she'll start losing anti-votes or it'll at least slow down the flow of new anti-voters. It probably wouldn't hurt for Kanade to be a bit weaker so we can at least pretend someone has a chance to beat her.
Old 2011-05-28, 09:07   Link #1693
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I don't think you have much to worry about there. Haruhi's not even going to get close.
To this day I still don't know how strong Haruhi exactly is...she's always weak in Japan but that's about all I know...

Quote:
Disapointed in Yuu and Victorique's losses. Not to many bad results. 2000 vote victory over defending champ Mio is quite nice for Kanade. I am worried she will start garnering hate vote if she keeps curb stomping everyone
Meh, Mio is not even K-On #1. And hate vote? By now I'm pretty sure those that don't like Kanade is long anti-voting her, yet she's not losing any traction...

Quote:
Interesting shifts in top 16 overall after this round looks 16th[and possibly 15th] will be highly contested like last year. Though I am bit surprised to see Yuri ranked number 5 overall at all, but happy at the same time .
Right now it's around 18 chasing for 16 spots anyway...some girls are overrank (Well, the #1 bloated record in Tomoyo just got knocked down to 17th and should fall even further next round), hard to tell Yurippe strength also since the only true opponent she has ever face is Kanade, a match in which she got destroyed...
Old 2011-05-28, 11:30   Link #1694
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post

Nice job by Eri in a losing effort. It shows that she isn't completely forgotten.
Bah, looking at the chart, China alone won the match for Air. Too bad it wasn't more equal there.

Don't have much to say about the main results, pretty much expected stuff. Next round though I'm backing Haruhi. While I do like Goko Ruri, I think I expected more out of the OVAs.
Old 2011-05-28, 12:11   Link #1695
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
To this day I still don't know how strong Haruhi exactly is...she's always weak in Japan but that's about all I know...

Meh, Mio is not even K-On #1. And hate vote? By now I'm pretty sure those that don't like Kanade is long anti-voting her, yet she's not losing any traction...

Right now it's around 18 chasing for 16 spots anyway...some girls are overrank (Well, the #1 bloated record in Tomoyo just got knocked down to 17th and should fall even further next round), hard to tell Yurippe strength also since the only true opponent she has ever face is Kanade, a match in which she got destroyed...
I think Haruhi is getting stronger since she completely destroyed Kirino and didn't lose any matches yet. Yurippe's strength is probably mid-high-ish or it's just she has been paired up with oppents weaker than her.
Old 2011-05-28, 12:41   Link #1696
Team Rocket Elite

Haruhi looks to be a fair bit behind Kuroneko. Haruhi isn't so far behind that she's not a threat but I wouldn't really count on her winning.
Old 2011-05-28, 13:38   Link #1697
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It is Haruhi's fate to verse Yuki in the elimination finals and lose, over and over. It's happened two years in a row. Regardless of Haruhi's overall performances in 2009 and 2010, Yuki always beats her. As for Yuri, from memory Haruhi beat her by about 200 votes in Prelim Phase 1. Whether that will change in the regular season with more voters on board or no 3rd option to divert votes is another issue. Both are top 16 material but will probably be out within 2 rounds max of SE. Necklace round showed Yuri isn't top tier material - she hardly scored votes in that 7 character poll.

Face the facts - this is almost replicating Mio's dominance in 2010. The brief campaign against her in Ruby and Diamond only served to galvanise her supporters, cause major backlash against Shana and for people to boost Mikoto to the runner-up position. In the end, if you really want someone other than Kanade to stand a chance, either nurture a fanbase enough via online mediums or beg China and Taiwan to help you. Realistically, those are the places with the voting power in this contest and will likely dictate the course of action this year because Kanade is prized by them.

At this rate, Kanade is way ahead. Mikoto and Azusa are the only two likely characters those who don't want Kanade to win could rally behind. Mio's strength has fallen considerably, as is to be expected of a tiara winner. Shana will hang around but it's gotten to the point it's now a hallowed tradition for Shana to get close then get kicked aside.

What would concern me more is whether Kanade could back up such form for 2012. When Mio was dominating, her margins against her main rivals were smallish. Kanade's are anything but. Anti-tiara winner sentiment might not be enough to counter a 2k+ votes head start.
Old 2011-05-28, 16:49   Link #1698
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
6 months of curb stomping do wonders to nurture anti-votes. It wasn't until Ruby that the pent-up rage got released in the form of Taiga > Mio in 2010.

Though, whether said pent-up rage alone can topple Kanade or not this year is a whole nother issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It is Haruhi's fate to verse Yuki in the elimination finals and lose, over and over. It's happened two years in a row. Regardless of Haruhi's overall performances in 2009 and 2010, Yuki always beats her.
I love how irrelevent statistics are in intra-series matches.
Old 2011-05-28, 19:01   Link #1699
HasuMasu
*Artist

this round will be painful for me

nadeko vs. kanade

oh god, my body is not ready for this
Old 2011-05-28, 21:46   Link #1700
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Oh crud, Holo has to face Shana... I wonder if I can brainwash the masses to...

There are a handful of difficult matches, but I will do my best to delineate who is truly deserving of my vote!

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament