AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-24, 08:20   Link #1981
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
after i watched the trailer i just want the game now... damn u team ninja for making me wait xD
EvilMonkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 22:50   Link #1982
ShinGundam

From gaf

New titles
Agarest Senki Zero
- PS3/RPG
- release date TBA
- 7140 Yen
- 70% done

Katamari Damacy Tribute
- PS3
- 2009 release
- full HD
- new visual expression

Nomura Interview:
- FF13 schedule for release this year
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 03:07   Link #1983
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gd...2-goes-on-show

Quote:
Tecmo handed out copies of Official PlayStation Magazine US at the event, which has a big article about the game.

The mag has a quote from Hayachi saying, "Violence is not going to be one of the key selling points of this title... It's not all about how bloody it is." Instead they're going for "a much cooler, cleaner, sleeker look". So you won't see great big spurts of blood, but clouds of purple essence when enemies get dismembered.
To me this is good news because the amount of gore in the original game, while not exactly vomit inducing nor a turn off, it's just over the top and distracting. I rather watch a loli faced kunoichi in action rather than having a bloodbath anyday.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-03-25 at 04:22.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 03:57   Link #1984
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Urgh, I can hear the uproar from faraway. I don't want the 360 fanboys come and talking shit about this game just because of the lacking of gore.
They can remove the blood, because it doesn't look that real anyway, and dismembering the enemy is still available, then I'm cool.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-03-25 at 07:14.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 04:22   Link #1985
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Urgh, I can hear the uproar from faraway. I don't want the 360 fanboys come and talking shit about this game just because the of the lacking of gore.
They can remove the blood, because it doesn't look that real anyway, and dismembering the enemy is still available, then I'm cool.
They can keep the mindless violence, just leave us with the 2 new girls to play with.

But eventually the sales figures will show who the consumer side with.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 07:22   Link #1986
ShinGundam

Interview

Quote:

Designer/producer Yosuke Hayashi was on hand at the debut event in San Francisco's Metreon
Center. He explained through an interpreter that, when it releases in fall this year, it will be "the
total package, the ultimate package, the one you will always remember as the one that ended
up incorporating everything that you have seen and experienced throughout the Ninja Gaiden
franchise. "

Will there be a PSN demo?

That's something that we'll take into consideration. We've already been talking about it, and
obviously, in order for users to get a feel for what the game is like we'd like to be able to provide
that.

Are the two new playable characters available right from the start of the game?

Ryu Hayabusa still remains the super ninja of the franchise, so the story is obviously written in a
way that he's the main character. You won't be able to play them from the beginning. Momiji and
Ayane, they have been added on as playable characters and their stories exist, with the main
story still being Ryu Hayabusa's adventure. On the online co-op side you'll obviously be able to
play any other characters.

Where's Rachel from Ninja Gaiden 2?

I'm glad that everyone loves Rachel and still cares about her, and so she's a very important part
of our team, our games. And that's where she should stay and she'll exist, right? She's a very
important pat of Team Ninja's games, now and in the future.

Who's the new girl?

That is Momiji from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword on the DS.

Do the attacks differ depending on which character you are?

Each character has his own set of skills, weapons, and they're all brand new tailored to the character. For those you who played Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, you'll notice her skills have been incorporated, like the double jump and her naginata weapon. It's not just we've added new character with the same set of weapons and same set of skills as Ryu. They each exist in their own ways.

Do you know if any new weapons will be available in the game?

I don't know if you caught it — Ryu is already carrying a brand new weapon in this trailer, and so
compared to Ninja Gaiden 2, yes, Ryu will have a new set of weapons. And to go back to the
female characters, yes, they'll have new weapons as well.

Any chance the new content will be DLC for the Xbox?

Only on Playstation. Just like the slogan, right? So, no is the answer.

Is there a Japanese track on the English language version of the game?

Japanese will be available on the English version.

When Itagaki was still with Team Ninja, he denied vehemently that a Playstation version was
coming, and he said it would be a "loss of face" for everyone involved if it did happen. So, how
long has this been in development for and what do you think about that comment?

In terms of actually development when this project kind of kicked off for Sigma 2, it's only after
we read about the user and the fans feedback, so it's not something that was already
conceptually available and existing from the very beginning. We only started working on this
after Ninja Gaiden 2 came out last summer. Internally, the staff is comprised of both Ninja Gaiden
2 team as well as the Sigma team.

Are there a lot of co-op moves. How did that affect game play design?

Not necessarily in terms of affecting the game play design aspect of things. We definitely wanted
the story-mode, single-player and the online co-op to have the same pace, the same timing
speed and action battle. So we didn't have to make any adjustment, so to speak, just making
sure the online co-op mode will retain the Ninja Gaiden essence we all know and keeping true to
that.

Why has Itagaki been so vocally against the Sigma series?

Well, personally, there's nothing that I would sort of put against, or be against in the Sigma
series. The DNA still exists as Team Ninja, even though maybe the face has changed, the leader
has changed, and whoever was the so-called creator of the series may have left, the team still
exists. So the essence, the DNA is still there. There's no reason why I could be against the Sigma
line or the Sigma series for Ninja Gaiden. I think it's very proper to have a different sort of line
going off the number Ninja Gaidens to be able to add more and then to be able to say this is a
different sort of branching out of the series.

Did you find it hard to fill the huge ego void Itagaki left?

I'll be able to prove that with my game, and not have to speak about the game.

Can you characterize the experience you had programming for the PS3 versus the other games
that were written for the Xbox, and did it present any challenges for you?

Rather than thinking about what Team Ninja did for Ninja Gaiden 2Sigma 2 as sort of the
complete and ultimate package of the Ninja Gaiden series, it was more about putting the focus
on that and make that a part of itself. So it wasn't really a comparing of, "They had this so we're
going to do this." It was really thinking of this as a grand product and see how much we can
push in each element in both the single player aspect of it and in the online multiplayer.

Will there be any versus for online players?

Battling against each other, meaning attacking and fighting against each other, is not necessarily
going to define the online co-op mode in Sigma 2. It's really cooperating with your partner in
order to accomplish your missions, and really more about trying to survive whatever your
missions throw at you at that stage.

Will there DLC for this PS3 version, like online multiplayer?

We're very serious about coming up with new content that will be available for DLC or as
downloadable content. We don’t have any specifics yet, but I think it's only natural to think that
downloadable content for the PS3 platform and for the audiences is proper and continuing the
momentum with the game, so we'll have more details to share with you soon, but we’re
definitely considering new content.

and how we can add on these little components, or upgrade or enhance it, once we realized we
had a really great concept in positioning
Lol hayashi is a ps3 fanboy!!!! XD
Old 2009-03-26, 15:47   Link #1987
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Spoiler:

GOTY for me.

Last edited by Aka; 2009-03-26 at 18:48.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 15:58   Link #1988
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
Katamari Damacy Tribute
- PS3
- 2009 release
- full HD
- new visual expression
Katamari? For PS3? Have my prayers FINALLY been answered?!
FlashFumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:38   Link #1989
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
From gaf

New titles
Agarest Senki Zero
- PS3/RPG
- release date TBA
- 7140 Yen
- 70% done

Katamari Damacy Tribute
- PS3
- 2009 release
- full HD
- new visual expression

Nomura Interview:
- FF13 schedule for release this year
too bad i live in the states
p.s. hope katamari has customizable level design
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 01:29   Link #1990
ShinGundam

Madness +__+

Uncharted 2 gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWIsLj-I5OE
Old 2009-03-28, 03:30   Link #1991
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
They can keep the mindless violence, just leave us with the 2 new girls to play with.

But eventually the sales figures will show who the consumer side with.
Actually, as both a ps3 and 360 fanboy. The main point if this game is worth purchasing is the camera. Let's see if the revamp of the camera holds up. The NG2 camera was just as shit as the NG1 days.

Honestly if that's still bad. You might as wel keep playing NGS. >__>
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 14:25   Link #1992
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Madness +__+

Uncharted 2 gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWIsLj-I5OE
I've been waiting for some gameplay footage. I was already filled with joy right when that bus came plowing through. Can't wait for its release and until then I'm going to replay through the first game.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 09:53   Link #1993
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

People need to watch this awesomeness>;
Mega64: Metal Gear Solid 4 (HD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ZFA4me4iw&fmt=22
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 13:35   Link #1994
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
People need to watch this awesomeness>;
Mega64: Metal Gear Solid 4 (HD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ZFA4me4iw&fmt=22
Is that really...him?
Old 2009-03-30, 14:03   Link #1995
ShinGundam

Hey kojima and GeOW creator XD
Looooooool
Old 2009-04-01, 11:08   Link #1996
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Tales of Vesperia on the PS3.
Loli pirate, yay \(^o^)/

(Hopefully it's not one of those April Fool joke)
Old 2009-04-01, 11:25   Link #1997
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Tales of Vesperia on the PS3.
Loli pirate, yay \(^o^)/

(Hopefully it's not one of those April Fool joke)
Well, Tales of Graces was already cornfirmed for the Wii a while back. Tales of VS rumours started a few days back, when some people dug out some new trademarks secured by namco bandai recently. And for TOV, we all knew from the beginning that it will be ported to the PS3 eventually, question is will it be released outside japan like Eternal Sonata or not, like TOS PS2. But i really hope TOV ps3 will be released this year.

New tri-ace RPG title coming to the PS3/360

Last edited by Sides; 2009-04-01 at 11:42. Reason: new Tri-Ace title
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 11:25   Link #1998
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm going to laugh if this is legit and the US PS3 version comes out before the EU 360 one does. Laugh, and then walk to my local gamestore to buy the US PS3 import.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 12:25   Link #1999
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well, Tales of Graces was already cornfirmed for the Wii a while back. Tales of VS rumours started a few days back, when some people dug out some new trademarks secured by namco bandai recently. And for TOV, we all knew from the beginning that it will be ported to the PS3 eventually, question is will it be released outside japan like Eternal Sonata or not, like TOS PS2. But i really hope TOV ps3 will be released this year.

New tri-ace RPG title coming to the PS3/360
Who cares about Tales of Graces? I only posting an image for the lower ToV part .
Kidding aside, I'm quite looking forward to it. As long as they include the dual language option, I'm cool with it. The loli is the bonus .

This time I'm going to play it with a full walkthrough. I can't believe how many things I have missed. This game is quite a pain in that aspect.
Old 2009-04-01, 13:48   Link #2000
ShinGundam

Damn kojima
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7CzMR6-LA

Tags
console, ps3, sony