AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-24, 21:14   Link #941
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Quit. The. Damn. 1080p. Hype.

Your eye can't spot the difference between 1080p and 720p!
just because you dont have a tv that can output in 1080p
dont try to put it on the same level as 720 ...
Joe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 13:17   Link #942
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

That doesn't mean anything. I'm telling you that your eye won't see a damn difference between 720p and 1080p. It's a fact!

Unless you have a really large TV, like 32" or bigger.
Old 2007-05-25, 16:21   Link #943
Sides

It really depends on the distance and the screen size.
If you have a 15" screen and you're sitting 10cm
in front of it, then you probably will notice a difference between
720p and 1080p.
But since we are talking about a game console, you need something more than 42"
(better 50") to spot a difference in an average living room.

http://www.carltonbale.com/2006/11/1080p-does-matter/
The chart on that blog might be questionable,
since it is based on a still image, but it does gives the average guy
the idea what higher resolution actually means for TV.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 21:46   Link #944
Zoe

Quote:
haha, 32" generally isn't considered to be big (when you're talking about HD). Even 42" seems pretty common these days.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 23:34   Link #945
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
that's good to know, since we have a 56" Samsung DLP :P

Anyway, has anyone seen the new Ratchet and Clank videos from last week(I was a bit late)? Game looks amazing, seems they matched that tech demo they released a few years back. Can't wait to play it this Fall

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-05-25 at 23:54.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:27   Link #946
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
the diff between 1080p and 720p is they are just resolution sizes, u make the comparsion between 1080i and 1080p. Altho there is very little diff between the 1080i and 1080p atm
Why would one make a comparison between 1080i and 1080p? 1080i is crap since it's interlaced, 720p is a far superior resolution.

As for 1080p, at a normal seating distance you do need a 42+ screen to see a noticeable difference unless you've got certified hawk eyes. Also, PS2 games upscaled to 1080p must look awful D:.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:24   Link #947
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Why would one make a comparison between 1080i and 1080p? 1080i is crap since it's interlaced, 720p is a far superior resolution.
I don't have links handy, but many people will disagree with you on that.

Quote:
Also, PS2 games upscaled to 1080p must look awful D:.
Not in the camera pics I've seen. But then again, it only looked like crap in the first place (480) if you have an LCD.
Old 2007-06-02, 17:34   Link #948
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
I don't have links handy, but many people will disagree with you on that.
The European Broadcasting Union, SVT, Fox, ABC and ESPN will not. Of course, 1080i does have its uses, of course, but for gaming either 720p or 1080p are preferred. But as always, the difference is *almost* neglible... I just dislike interlaced by default, sorry ^^.

Quote:
Not in the camera pics I've seen. But then again, it only looked like crap in the first place (480) if you have an LCD.
I'd have to see it for myself to know for sure, but thanks! When I do get a PS3 in the future I'll be able to check it out firsthand ^^.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:41   Link #949
Lebron
I hear voices

Anyone download and try the Folks Soul demo off the JPN store yet? I played it at my cousins house earlier, and was blown away. Game looks gorgeous, and kind of reminds me of Kameo in a way. I remember seeing a trailer from it back at TGS(it was called Monster Kingdom back then) I think it was, and thinking it looked interesting. Never thought it would come such a long way since then. I believe the game comes out at the end of the month in Japan, and then comes out in the US sometime in the Fall. However, they will change the name to Folklore when it is released over here.

video and pics of the demo
http://www.playsyde.com/news_4418_en.html

If you have a PS3 and haven't played it yet, go download it now. Thanks
Old 2007-06-03, 03:22   Link #950
srb
I can see time itself!

Now that is a pretty game, but it seems to have some issues with its geological properties. I'm loving Eternal Sonata though, a game I wouldn't be too surprised if it made the jump to the PS3 since it's a third party game. It may just be my weakness for cuteness and lush greens, but I love it! ^^
Old 2007-06-03, 03:28   Link #951
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Anyone download and try the Folks Soul demo off the JPN store yet? I played it at my cousins house earlier, and was blown away. Game looks gorgeous, and kind of reminds me of Kameo in a way. I remember seeing a trailer from it back at TGS(it was called Monster Kingdom back then) I think it was, and thinking it looked interesting. Never thought it would come such a long way since then. I believe the game comes out at the end of the month in Japan, and then comes out in the US sometime in the Fall. However, they will change the name to Folklore when it is released over here.

video and pics of the demo
http://www.playsyde.com/news_4418_en.html

If you have a PS3 and haven't played it yet, go download it now. Thanks
Yeah...I've played some of it. It did look gorgeous. I stopped once I'd seen some of the fighting- didn't want to be TOO spoiled.
Old 2007-06-03, 10:17   Link #952
Zoe

The thing that sucks about the Folks Soul demo is they altered all the cutscenes to text

(Then again, the demo itself was already over 1 GB, to include the voices probably would have been too much)

I haven't played Keats' side yet, but I liked what I saw of Ellen's.
Old 2007-06-10, 00:00   Link #953
Knightmare213

The Church of England Sues Sony for Resistance: Fall of Man

The Church of England is suing Sony for using the Manchester Cathedral featured in the game mentioned above, saying that the developers used the church without their permission. The Church of England wants an apology from Sony itself and stop selling Resistance.

I think Sony would most definitely apologize for using the cathedral, regardless that the events within the game was on a different timeline, without the Church of England's permission. However, the removal of sale of Resistance may not be complied in my opinion. You're talking about removing one of the best-selling game on PS3.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 00:34   Link #954
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
The Church of England Sues Sony for Resistance: Fall of Man

The Church of England is suing Sony for using the Manchester Cathedral featured in the game mentioned above, saying that the developers used the church without their permission. The Church of England wants an apology from Sony itself and stop selling Resistance.

I think Sony would most definitely apologize for using the cathedral, regardless that the events within the game was on a different timeline, without the Church of England's permission. However, the removal of sale of Resistance may not be complied in my opinion. You're talking about removing one of the best-selling game on PS3.
lol

also tell GTAIV to apologize for using NYC without its permission
also dont sell the game
Old 2007-06-10, 04:41   Link #955
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
W00t ordered my ps3 today from amazon (no sales tax and free 2 day shipping ftw .) Looking forward to lots of games, watched bunches of Warhawk vids, Haze, MGS4, DMC4, Ninja Gaiden, GTAIV. Hell even the eyetoy games look cool. Eye of Judgment concept is pretty interesting, though its on very high level of geekness. Got my HDMI cable ready and waiting. First game up for grabs is Resistance .

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 01:42   Link #956
Joe88

the church now wants all the money that made from resistance as an aplogy from them

lol

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070610...ritainanglican
Old 2007-06-11, 02:01   Link #957
GhOsTeDgE

Now you know where all those donation money ends up...paying high priced lawyers.

*EDITED out original statement so the church doesn't sue me next*

Last edited by GhOsTeDgE; 2007-06-11 at 02:32.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 02:59   Link #958
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Now that is a pretty game, but it seems to have some issues with its geological properties. I'm loving Eternal Sonata though, a game I wouldn't be too surprised if it made the jump to the PS3 since it's a third party game. It may just be my weakness for cuteness and lush greens, but I love it! ^^
This depends on whether Microsoft wants the company to take it multi-platform. All it would take is a small donation and they wouldn't port it over to the PS3. When the system's installed base is this low, the ROI isn't large enough to warrant a huge investment on MS's side to keep it exclusive.
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 05:29   Link #959
Lebron
I hear voices

Anyway, not to long ago Sony announced a new MMO they had in development for the PS3/PC, called the Agency. Sounds like some spy vs spy espionage kind of thing.
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/gam...04141850614050
Video and Screens: http://www.jeux-france.com/blog158435_Blakguy

I would be a bit more interested if it wasn't SOE that was developing the game. We will see. Game has me at the least interested. A developer walkthrough video is needed.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-06-11 at 07:30.
Old 2007-06-12, 11:59   Link #960
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Got something against Europe?

Tags
console, ps3, sony