Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-26, 01:58   Link #5101
Zeydra
A random passerby

Latest episode of SEED Remaster is out.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nothing new besides the usual smoothing of things.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 02:12   Link #5102
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just to make my above question clearer:
How do you know that Durandal/Destiny Plan loyalists are not the majority in ZAFT? Thus, Terminal must really have a lot of members to replace them all if we go by your theory.
Well for starters, most of the Zaft fleet isn't all that eager to fight Lacus to begin with. More than one that Faith commander guy has to spur them into attacking. Aside from Talia, Shinn, Rey, and those Faith guys, most of Zaft just seemed to be going with the flow, and wasn't totally on board with the Destiny plan. Durandal blowing up his own ships try to enforce it further didn't help.

Once all the known Pro Destiny plan guys were down, Zaft stands down, even though they could have fought to the bitter end, and possibly even still won.

And as people said, Lacus wouldn't be in Zaft in the Special Edition, if all the Durandal supporters weren't dealt with. She wasn't going to play nice with them, she was going to take over. They wouldn't be in Zaft unless the Destiny Plan was stopped dead.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 03:03   Link #5103
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Well for starters, most of the Zaft fleet isn't all that eager to fight Lacus to begin with. More than one that Faith commander guy has to spur them into attacking. Aside from Talia, Shinn, Rey, and those Faith guys, most of Zaft just seemed to be going with the flow, and wasn't totally on board with the Destiny plan. Durandal blowing up his own ships try to enforce it further didn't help.

Once all the known Pro Destiny plan guys were down, Zaft stands down, even though they could have fought to the bitter end, and possibly even still won.

And as people said, Lacus wouldn't be in Zaft in the Special Edition, if all the Durandal supporters weren't dealt with. She wasn't going to play nice with them, she was going to take over. They wouldn't be in Zaft unless the Destiny Plan was stopped dead.
Your theory is fair enough.

Now, let's go back to the root of this argument. If ZAFT really has been taken over by Lacus' faction, what's stopping Kira from being a member of ZAFT to be officially listed as Lacus protector? Surely Kira has no problem with post-Destiny ZAFT if we go with your theory, doesn't he?
Old 2012-10-26, 03:50   Link #5104
bio9205
Reborn

Crossing my fingers that Mu will use the Perfect Strike for the final battle.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 04:29   Link #5105
monster

I'm starting to think this remaster is already done with the Perfect Strike, oh well.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 04:52   Link #5106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I do like to see Perfect Strike vs Providence, but maybe that's asking too much . C'mon Sunrise, be generous a little will ya!
Old 2012-10-26, 10:05   Link #5107
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
what?!

give we're only 2yrs from now 10th year of GSD with also being 35th year of gundam (still pull for female lead gundam tv series pilot)

unless pull romeo & juliet ending on kira-lacus or athrun-cagalli or even both either way get ask those in sunrise when GS era coming back?
Romeo and Juliet would only work for Kira and Lacus if Lacus was evil or something. At the end of Destiny they're well situated and Lacus has taken over ZAFT fully. Athrun and Cagalli are said to have mended fences and got back together after Destiny but it's all off-screen. If they did do a movie it would be better with them getting back together on screen.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 11:19   Link #5108
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Romeo and Juliet would only work for Kira and Lacus if Lacus was evil or something. At the end of Destiny they're well situated and Lacus has taken over ZAFT fully. Athrun and Cagalli are said to have mended fences and got back together after Destiny but it's all off-screen. If they did do a movie it would be better with them getting back together on screen.
Or they can just let the world know that Kira was first EAF ACE MS pilot (all other MS pilot = dead) and because of his OS that every Natural can pilot MS don't to mention that even though he is Coordinator he join EAF.

I doubt they will approve such a person to be in romance Relationship with Lacus

By the way, since when >> one of Romeo and Juliet was evil?
Wasn't it about their family/country not accepting their love?
(Family/country A hate family/country B.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 12:44   Link #5109
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Or they can just let the world know that Kira was first EAF ACE MS pilot (all other MS pilot = dead) and because of his OS that every Natural can pilot MS don't to mention that even though he is Coordinator he join EAF.

I doubt they will approve such a person to be in romance Relationship with Lacus

I don't think there is a lot of evidence to support such claim. He did perfect the Gundam OS, but he was not an active collaborator + The Strike's pilot (He is better known to the EA as the Strike's pilot) is dead and all the people from ZAFT and EA who knew his true identity are also dead by the end of Seed. For example, Shinn didn't know who Kira was until the last episode, even though he studied the Freedom extensively.

Other than a selected few, no one really knows the identity of Freedom's pilot. So I doubt that someone in ZAFT would even come up with the idea that he might also be the Strike's pilot.
Old 2012-10-26, 12:47   Link #5110
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

On top of that, the EA already had an ace MS pilot in the form of Jean Carrey, before Kira joined their ranks.
Old 2012-10-26, 13:09   Link #5111
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Honestly, the SF didn't gethurt in the final battle at all, there is no reason for him to switch to a new mobile suit again,
Two reasons:

1. Story-wise, like I said, it helps to smooth his integration with ZAFT.

2. Show-wise, Bandai gets to sell a new model.
Quote:
and seriously, what else could they possibly att to it? a second pair of wings, dual railcannons/chestblasters and double barrel beam guns?
If Kira gets a new mobile suit, there's nothing to add.
Quote:
Or they can just let the world know that Kira was first EAF ACE MS pilot
Who are they and why would they do that?

I don't understand why some people want the CE public to know of Kira's past. It just doesn't fit with his character, in my opinion.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 16:09   Link #5112
Destined_Fate

Quote:

It's because Kira is too naive to be evil while Lacus has been shown to be spiteful and the jealous type. Such as when Kira was trying to reach Flay and everything Lacus remained silent and looked angry. After Kira passed out she immediately started hitting on him and saying that he made her happy when he woke up. Naturally the Kira clung to Lacus like he did with Flay.

Which means the separate bed thing must be because of Kira's guilt over Flay and that Lacus snared him in when he was hurting most just like Flay did!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 18:24   Link #5113
Washu-Chan