AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-20, 17:28   Link #261
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

Although, to be fair, there was LeonXKathy... as disturbing as it is to think about...
UGH!!!

UGH!!!

UGH!!!!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:15   Link #262
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
You would think with Michael's reputation he'd have bagged a Lucy Macmillan (or at least a Stiflers mom) by now but even he seems a bit of a prude push come to shove.
Kinda hard to do that when you've got a Meltran interested in you...

Tak: ditto! yuck!
Old 2008-07-20, 21:28   Link #263
jho

When I think of Alto the following thoughts come to mind:

loyal, brave, capable

The two areas where I feel he's incomplete is in his love area and coming to terms with his father. For being a kabuki actor, do you think that heightened his nervousness around girls? (because he sticks mainly around guys).

He seems to be incredibly naive almost to a fault around girls - like he's never had a gf before. I kind of picture Alto like Cloud without the guilt factor in Advent Children.

In terms of his character interactions with Ranka & Sheryl - I feel like Ranka is like Cagali in Gundam Seed in the way that she makes Alto blush. Now there's no way that she becomes Alto's brother, but I don't have a good feeling about an AltoxRanka ending. And I love Ranka, but when she does her moe look with stars appearing, I kind of shudder

With Sheryl I kind of see it as the traditional tsundere pair - Akane/Ranma, Asuka/Shinji, Naruto/Sakura (not yet, but in the end), with a lot less angst and a lot more fun.

AltoxRanka = easy but boring
AltoxSheryl = challenging, but more rewarding
Old 2008-07-20, 21:40   Link #264
stray
Classic Yandere

In hindsight, maybe I should have spoilered that... my bad.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:40   Link #265
Tak

You know what I'd really like? Have the setup of the triangle as a competition between an idol and a pilot. Yeah. Ok, I don't hate this current triangle, but I would have loved a setup between two drastically different professions even more.

Moreover, I would have a lot less problems with Ranka if she looked like this:

Spoiler for Bleh:

Unfortunately, the creators made both characters to be on the polar ends of physical appearance... *Sigh* ... and I cannot bring myself to appreciate Alto x Ranka no matter how hard I try.

- Tak (I love Sheryl...)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:32   Link #266
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know what I'd really like? Have the setup of the triangle as a competition between an idol and a pilot. Yeah. Ok, I don't hate this current triangle, but I would have loved a setup between two drastically different professions even more.

Spoiler for Bleh:

Unfortunately, the creators made both characters to be on the polar ends of physical appearance... *Sigh* ... and I cannot bring myself to appreciate Alto x Ranka no matter how hard I try.

- Tak (I love Sheryl...)
Here's hoping for a for a qualified VF pilot Sheryl. A whole lot of people would blow their loads if the series ever goes in that direction.
Old 2008-07-21, 02:48   Link #267
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Here's hoping for a for a qualified VF pilot Sheryl. A whole lot of people would blow their loads if the series ever goes in that direction.
It would definitely elevate it from "epic" to "all-time god-damned best series ever" status to me.

Until Macross Frontier: Fomoffu comes along, that is.
Old 2008-07-21, 02:58   Link #268
.Mero

Quote:

Spoiler for Bleh:

- Tak (I love Sheryl...)
For ranka to look like that she'd have to be a daughter of Max and Milia... :P
But i wouldn't mind a Emilia starring Macross series though ^^
Old 2008-07-21, 10:33   Link #269
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
For ranka to look like that she'd have to be a daughter of Max and Milia... :P
But i wouldn't mind a Emilia starring Macross series though ^^
There would be so much epic win for an Emilia starring series.
Old 2008-07-21, 15:34   Link #270
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
There would be so much epic win for an Emilia starring series.

Oh I've been wanting that for ages. An Emilia-centric series. And I would love for her to reprise her "Heart and Soul" even if it's just once.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-21, 15:36   Link #271
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

Spoiler for Bleh:

- Tak (I love Sheryl...)

Yes, that would indeed change *some* of my opinion of her if she carried the same aura as Komiria.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-21, 15:43   Link #272
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Yes, that would indeed change *some* of my opinion of her if she carried the same aura as Komiria.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
I just noticed Komilia does look like a grown-up Ranka in some aspects.

Well, provided that Ranka started off not as a moe-lolita jailbait.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-21, 19:56   Link #273
justinstrife

Quote:
Oh I've been wanting that for ages. An Emilia-centric series. And I would love for her to reprise her "Heart and Soul" even if it's just once.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fJu0cHpo0

Old 2008-07-21, 21:00   Link #274
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

You know I've been thinking...I wonder if enough people just plastered image boards with newly illustrated Emilia fanart (especially Japanese image boards MINUS 2chan) would it catch Kawamori's attention? Hell, I'd be willing to start up the first batch.

He'd probably be scratching his head but I wonder if it would at least give him ideas.

*or it's just my wishful thinking once again* bah...

Oh right...Alto thread...okay, Alto is pretty, Alto is pretty, Alto is pretty.

*this place needs an Emilia thread*

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-21, 21:55   Link #275
justinstrife

Quote:

You know I've been thinking...I wonder if enough people just plastered image boards with newly illustrated Emilia fanart (especially Japanese image boards MINUS 2chan) would it catch Kawamori's attention? Hell, I'd be willing to start up the first batch.

He'd probably be scratching his head but I wonder if it would at least give him ideas.

*or it's just my wishful thinking once again* bah...

Oh right...Alto thread...okay, Alto is pretty, Alto is pretty, Alto is pretty.

*this place needs an Emilia thread*

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
YES! It so desperately needs and deserves and Emilia thread. If I could draw, I would be doing fanart as we speak. But alas, the only drawings I'm capable of, are the ones used in hangman.
Old 2008-07-21, 22:34   Link #276
ReddyRedWolf

Ah yes Emilia.

You know if I wasn't busy one idea for a Macross fanfic is the Fleet of Strongest Women.

Staring Chlore, Advisor Tranquil, Rex as a Valkyrie pilot, Liza, Elma and Emilia.

Maybe Komalia, Moaramia and the rest of the Jenius sisters.
Old 2008-07-21, 22:55   Link #277
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ah yes Emilia.

You know if I wasn't busy one idea for a Macross fanfic is the Fleet of Strongest Women.

Staring Chlore, Advisor Tranquil, Rex as a Valkyrie pilot, Liza, Elma and Emilia.

Heh, perhaps there should just be a "Jenius sisters" show. Even if it's one-shot it would be pretty awesome.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-22, 01:28   Link #278
Tak

So, in an attempt to stay on topic, I just checked some of the Japanese BBS. Apparently, Alto is supposedly the cutest protagonist to ever exist in the Macross franchise.

After thinking about it, its quite difficult to dispute the claim

- Tak

Old 2008-07-22, 02:53   Link #279
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

With or without the kabuki make up he's sporting in the op?
Old 2008-07-22, 05:29   Link #280
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ah yes Emilia.

This is almost as bad (or good) as Mai-Otome....
Closed Thread