AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-13, 19:23   Link #861
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Please note that this is all speculation, as an end to the publication of the manga hasn't been announced yet.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:35   Link #862
Zek
Eyebrows...

Man, why is the chapter taking so long to be posted?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:51   Link #863
Haladflire65
*Artist

I know! It's already the thirteenth! I'm dying waiting...
Old 2009-09-14, 00:44   Link #864
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Please note that this is all speculation, as an end to the publication of the manga hasn't been announced yet.
Yes, but it's well-founded (to the point of being near airtight) speculation. Anyone who has read the series to this point and has any sense of story progression can tell that we are at least on the cusp of the grand finale, if not in the middle of it. Couple that with the "manga loyal" Brotherhood adaptation, seemingly on course to catch up with the manga within a year, and it becomes quite obvious to even the most imperceptive that we're fast approaching the end. There may not have been an "official" ending announcement yet, but at this point SquEnix and Arakawa would have to pull a troll of Haruhic proportions in order for it not to be ending by the end of 2010 at the absolute latest. I myself am guessing roughly March-June.

EDIT: Just read the latest chapter. I think maybe I want to move it up a month or two... ^_^

Also... Bradley fight... Wow... Just... Wow... If they can animate this right...

Spoiler for chapter 99:

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-09-14 at 01:10.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 01:47   Link #865
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yes, but it's well-founded (to the point of being near airtight) speculation. Anyone who has read the series to this point and has any sense of story progression can tell that we are at least on the cusp of the grand finale, if not in the middle of it. Couple that with the "manga loyal" Brotherhood adaptation, seemingly on course to catch up with the manga within a year, and it becomes quite obvious to even the most imperceptive that we're fast approaching the end. There may not have been an "official" ending announcement yet, but at this point SquEnix and Arakawa would have to pull a troll of Haruhic proportions in order for it not to be ending by the end of 2010 at the absolute latest. I myself am guessing roughly March-June.

EDIT: Just read the latest chapter. I think maybe I want to move it up a month or two... ^_^

Also... Bradley fight... Wow... Just... Wow... If they can animate this right...

Spoiler for chapter 99:
Spoiler for Manga 99:
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 15:54   Link #866
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yes, but it's well-founded (to the point of being near airtight) speculation. Anyone who has read the series to this point and has any sense of story progression can tell that we are at least on the cusp of the grand finale, if not in the middle of it.
I've read my share of mangas where I felt we were in the cusp of the grand finale by the middle ground, myself.

Anyway, it's fun to speculate, but don't forget that's all there is to it.

Old 2009-09-14, 20:46   Link #867
Haladflire65
*Artist

Spoiler for Chap 99:
Old 2009-09-14, 22:06   Link #868
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Spoiler for Chap 99:
Spoiler:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 22:35   Link #869
Haladflire65
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-14, 23:03   Link #870
Ziziphus
Whatever

Spoiler for chap 99:
Old 2009-09-15, 04:45   Link #871
Jarmel

It's out.
Spoiler for chapter:

If Bradley hasn't achieved god status villain already then I think this sealed it. The man is just insane on so many levels. Oh and this is why I'm going to be pissed if Bones go with another anime only ending as we might miss scenes like this.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 05:25   Link #872
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

King Bradley has officially become my favorite villain of all time now after reading this chapter. He has the eye of a God which lets him see through anything, he's the greatest fighter and most cunning and ruthless "boss" there is. Mark my words, he should be made into an iconic villain. He's beginning to remind me of Darth Vader here and "Father" is the emperor. The most interesting aspect about Bradley is the fact that despite him being completely human from the physical point of view and his eye, he's probably the strongest homunculus after Father himself. I just loved him in this chapter and I can't wait to see him animated. I will sue Bones if they don't because after seeing "Sword of the Stranger" and other series like "Darker Than Black," this is going to be a killer scene.

Anyways, enough about Bradley:

Spoiler for Chap 99:
Old 2009-09-15, 05:30   Link #873
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

OMFG. This just went way too fast. I can definitely see this ending pretty soon, but I wouldn't want to risk any guesses - as most ones I had throughout the story turned out to be wrong (well, other than Maria Ross' fate - I called that one as soon as I saw Mustang "killing" her - but that was, most likely, a fluke). Wow. I already liked Bradley, but now... I wish these scenes were animated already!

Old 2009-09-15, 05:38   Link #874
Sannom

King Bradley is one badass villain, we already knew that. Loved how everything became just a lot easier once he got a long blade Loved how he showed to Greed why substance wins over style anytime

As for the sacrifices, they miss only one, who might be either Marcoh or Mustang, as they were the two the Homonculi were monitoring.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 05:44   Link #875
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

There's a problem with that though. Neither one has actually seen the Truth as far as we know, not to mention one of them has a method that could destroy the philosopher's stone or cancel the transmutation circle that can create one.
Old 2009-09-15, 10:35   Link #876
Vicious108

Wrath said he'd make Roy open the gates, but it doesn't look like he's in a position to be able to do that anymore.

But yeah, neither Roy nor Marcoh has opened the gates, so I'm afraid they're not viable sacrifices yet. And I'm pretty sure they need 5, so who knows what'll happen.

As for Wrath, what more can be said, the man's a beast and he totally showed it this chapter. When it takes two heroic sacrifices to finally get a hit on you, you know you're god tier.

And though I love him as a villain, I gotta admit that I'll enjoy seeing Greedling and Ran Fan unleashing their rage on him next month. And regardless what happens, Greedling, Fu and Buccanear vs Wrath is already one of the best fights in FMA, one that I'd love to see animated. Hopefully Brotherhood will get there and will do it justice.
Old 2009-09-15, 12:11   Link #877
orangejuicetang

The amazing thing is, when I woke up today, my first thought was literally, a random "I wonder what happened to the people who didn't become King Bradley", and this chapter answered it. As godly as Wrath is, he's kinda fucked, with Greedling almost finished completely hardening up, and Ran Fan there as well.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 12:38   Link #878
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
The amazing thing is, when I woke up today, my first thought was literally, a random "I wonder what happened to the people who didn't become King Bradley", and this chapter answered it. As godly as Wrath is, he's kinda fucked, with Greedling almost finished completely hardening up, and Ran Fan there as well.
Oh yeah, you're right about that. I've wondered what happened to the other hopeful Fuhrers after the flashback. I was actually quite surprised they kept them alive. Knowing how the Fuhrer's govt works, I kinda thought they killed the rest of them off in a gas chamber or something of the sort.
Old 2009-09-15, 14:23   Link #879
Vicious108

60 years of training shouldn't be understimated. Roy, Riza and Scar are still in big trouble, I say.
Old 2009-09-15, 15:05   Link #880
Ghostfriendly

Now we know why Pride manipulated Al and co into driving back into Central so Al would be caught in the transmutation. I think next chapter we'll see what the transmutation did to Hoenheim. The only way I can think of for Father to get a fifth sacrifice at this stage would be if Roy or Marco try to get Ed and Al back using human transmutation. Or of course, someone we don't know about.

Wrath's fight was rather impressive, with minor characters continuing to earn their keep, and a climbing kill count for Wrath, in a manga that rarely kills off anybody.

I hope this doesn't end before Kimberly and May Chang come back.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote