AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 14:57   Link #3621
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Bought Dark Souls on weekend sale. Using my Giotech PS3 pad. Works very nicely.

I'm just dying a lot.
And ragin'.
And throwin' things.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 17:38   Link #3622
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
I wonder what goblins eat.
Quote:
They eat people. Like you.
Quote:
oh dear.

Trine 2 is the most traumatizing puzzle-platformer I've played in years.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 17:27   Link #3623
T-6000

I decided to re-install Neverwinter Nights and play through the original campaign. The game may be well over a decade old, but it still is alot of fun. IMHO the expansions were much better than the original Campaign that came with the game itself. In fact, the only reason why I bother with the OC is because it has Giants and dragons to fight in the third chapter. And I generally like hunting both these beasts down as a challenge (sort of like how I liked killing dragons and taking their scales as a trophy in Baldur's Gate 2. Fighting those beats were quite a challenge).

It's a shame that Atari decided to turn Neverwinter Nights 3 into a Hack & Slash Action MMORPG, I think they should have made the game stick to it's original roots (and make it Single Player focused, to boot).
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 20:11   Link #3624
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
It's a shame that Atari decided to turn Neverwinter Nights 3 into a Hack & Slash Action MMORPG
There was one?

Though IMO the best story in the NWN series by far is the NWN2 expansion, Mask of the Betrayer. It's Planescape: Torment, the Forgotten Realms version. Bonus: Gann is a bishie, and by far the least grating romance of the entire, oh, the entire generation of CRPGs starting from Baldur's Gate until before the dawn of the new Bioware Dragon-Effect era.

Meanwhile, the other NWN2 expansion, uh, something about snakes, it had a worse and more boring story than even the first title's OC.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 20:28   Link #3625
Eragon
Still Alive

Replaying Mass Effect 3 for like the 3rd time since friday(one ME 2 playthrough included ) last week. I'm completely and utterly addicted to this franchise atm. The last game that I played this much was Claw way back when(8 years back )

The story and characters are just too good to not play it again and again. Also, replaying Dragon Age Origins with all the mods. The game and characters look better than ever with the mods.

Desperately waiting for my friend to bring Star Wars Knights of the republic Have heard good things about it. Hope it measures upto my expectations - which are currently pretty high.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:41   Link #3626
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If you're playing ME3, you really should try out the Multiplayer; it's awesome. More time has been spent on MP because generally ME3 gamers like it compared to SP.

After three runs, SP feels stale and boring to me. But MP is always fun.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 23:16   Link #3627
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F (PS3)
Just about 30hrs into it now. Unlocked all the songs, got about 90%+ for costumes, accessories, and room items, and about 50% of titles. The "EXTREME" difficulty is really making me put some time into it. I can barely manage a "Standard" rank on some songs. Got a couple of "Great" and "Excellent" here and there but I can't even finish some of the harder songs like World's End Dance Hall. orz

Also gave Edit mode a run but...gave up in about 40mins. I just don't have the concentration to sit there and try and do all that work. I really wanted to do something with my 7th Dragon 2020 soundtrack but I figured that there may be a chance that they might do a collaboration DLC when 7th Dragon 2020-II comes out mid-April. I do hope that they'll have costume DLC for Miku.

THE iDOLM@STER 2 (PS3)
Attempted to do two more playthroughs on Hyper mode to try and get that S rank but...ended up having my Producer rank knocked down...twice. orz
Close isn't just close enough.

...also currently waiting on my copy of Fate/EXTRA CCC to arrive which I hope will keep me occupied until 7th Dragon 2020-II comes out in mid-April. Also being tempted to go and pick up a PSVita so I can play all the Atelier series games along with other promising PSVita titles that I've got my eyes on...but looks like it might still be a while til that day comes. orz
Old 2013-03-27, 23:37   Link #3628
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well I guess I'm setting Dragon Age: Origins a bit in favor of BioShock Infinite, seeing how I got it by accident.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:41   Link #3629
Jaden

Resident Evil 6.

If you like a cinematic experience, shallow but adrenaline inducing gameplay with lots of shooting, long co-op enabled campaigns, and an incredibly cheesy B-horror plot, get this game.

It's very love-and-hate but it's probably my favourite game in the series. I don't mind at all the direction they're going with it. XD There's just one unexpected and awesome moment after another, some great monster design and variety, and gory conclusions.
Old 2013-03-28, 04:56   Link #3630
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

This week my gaming is a little eclectic.

On the PSP: Idolm@ster Shiny Festa: Honey Sound. Specifically, I'm grinding cash and fans by setting a song I like to repeat in theater mode, then playing that song as I drive to and from work. It's gotten to the point when I can sing Music and Itsumademo Deshou by heart. And also Yakusoku, but I could do that last year.

I'm also still playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, interposed with Ace Combat X2: Joint Assault. Memo to self, need to buy new thumbstick.

On the PC:

I've recently downloaded Battlefield 3 - got it free as the EA free game apology - and so far I've been having a blast. Had some issues with ping and lag, until I remembered to filter for Asian servers only. I've found that generally I suck with a sniper rifle, but I'm decent with a rifle, and in a good position on a CQB map, or where there's a good overwatch position, I'm hell on wheels with an LMG. I also like you you can swap and adjust your kit in between spawns.

Still playing Mass Effect 3 as well; working on leveling my characters to maintain my Malaysian N7 Leaderboard ranking - I aim to break into the Malaysian top 50 sometime this year, though obviously I'm not playing enough Gold Matches to be promoting. Not like last year, when I took a page outta Asuna's book and was a levelling monster on the glory days of FBWGG. I'm still surprised at how I went from the bottom of the rankings to being in the top 4% of worldwide players and briefly hit No. 60 in Malaysia. (It's since fallen to 70 now.)

Also, for some strange reason, I find that the N7 Destroyer works really well versus Reapers. Though what I really aim to get is the Geth Juggernaut, as the Geth Juggernaut is a class that has exactly zero fornications to provide. Mooks? The Geth Juggernaut does not provide a fornication. Phantoms? No fornications provided. Ravagers? Hex Shield, wait for the lull, then kill. Brutes? Female canine, please. Atlases? Keep calm and open fire.

The annoying thing is that all my bros have Juggernauts except me.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 13:41   Link #3631
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Playstation Vita:
Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece: Probably almost done with the third chapter, but not much difficulty yet and the shrine maiden girl with some pink outlines on her body looks weird...

Tales of Hearts R - Finally got the first Spirtune restored... Had to go into a person's body to get it. Now I need to get the next one.

Atelier Meruru Plus - Yes, I got two copies of the game since the Vita version added more content. So far, the graphics are impressive like the PS3 version, but some reason it loads just as slowly like Totori Plus did... Oh well, but I get to change the costumes early since I have a save from the second game.
Old 2013-04-04, 13:55   Link #3632
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Mostly Guild Wars 2 these days, though I just finished Yunica's route in Ys Origin. I'll probably go back and finish Hugo's route and Toal's route later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
If you're playing ME3, you really should try out the Multiplayer; it's awesome. More time has been spent on MP because generally ME3 gamers like it compared to SP.

After three runs, SP feels stale and boring to me. But MP is always fun.
Never liked the ME3 MP, especially with all the microtransaction crap behind it. I need more substance behind my grind, otherwise I'd probably still be playing TERA.
Old 2013-04-04, 16:44   Link #3633
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

ps3 - Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
comments: i played this game on normal. this game isnt so hard...until i ran into the
chopper battle in day 2. and then, the dinosaur in day 3...lol. it just keep going on.
the difficulty spike really quick. i think i have die 100+ already during the bosses battles.
the normal enemies werent all that hard and i was killing them left and right with ease.

althought the bosses were super tough, they were killable once you figure out the patterns
and usage of different weapons and strategy. heard a lot of freezing problems on
day 8 and the ninja trials on the gamefaqs forum. i havent ran into any freezing yet,
but once i reach to that infamous day 8, i probably going to run into it.
people say you have to equip Ryu's normal outfit plus his dragon sword to prevent
freezing. i might have to do that, but as for the
freezing in chapter challenge if you play the girls instead of Ryu, the game might freeze as well.
damn Tecmo Koei, they need to test out their port.

hopefully, they'll patch the game soon. other than that, the game was pretty fun and
doing "Steel on Bone" moves were really satisfying as your cut your enemies and
chaining it to the next guy.

i have another complaint with this game. most areas that you encounter enemies, they
were really cramp and cluster. i really hate having to fight these big enemies or a
bunch of small enemies in these little puny area. in these type of fights, the real
enemy is the camara. >_____>;

i'm currently on day 6 (i think) on Ayane's second mission. going to be playing this
until i beat it. i'll probably die about another 200+ times before i reach the end boss. 8.5/10 pts.!
Old 2013-04-04, 21:58   Link #3634
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Vita: Still playing One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2, just working on the rest of the trophies left to get. The list doesn't seem as hard as the first game's was (mostly due to the random drop rates for coins), so these trophie sshouldn't take too long. Just gotta beat the game on Ultra Hard to get the remaining Secret Coins, and work on killing 500 enemies in a single Style Action. Probably once I'm done, I'll go back to Persona 4 Golden to get the final trophy I need.... "Hardcore Risette Fan"~

3DS: Picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate with that damned Circle Pad Pro, and have been playing online with some friends of mine since. Game is ALOT more enjoyable multiplayer.... but I'd probably still enjoy it playing it single player~

PS3: While waiting for the Sam DLC for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to finish off the trophies, I'll probably get into Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny again.... seeing as I've always meant to go back to it. Probably won't play it for trophies or anything... just to complete it.... it'll be good to do that after so long~
Old 2013-04-04, 22:07   Link #3635
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Currently working on Etrian odyssey 1... I just learned to appreciate it recently.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 06:38   Link #3636
Irisu
フフリ

Currently playing Devil Survivor 2.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:00   Link #3637
Eragon
Still Alive

So, do all of you guys have like, three consoles? I'm so jealous Sucks to be in a country where gaming is in stone age - okay, maybe bronze. I mean console gaming. PC gaming is still decent.

Almost done with Mass Effect 1 - I started from 2. So, after playing enough of 2 and 3 I gave this a try. And I have to say, the customization of the weapons is a pain in the ass. Apart from that, great game. I'm playing for the story, of course. I always stay away from spoilers. So, much of the plot is new to me - except for little tid-bits here and there which were mentioned in 2 and 3.

Like,
Spoiler for Wrex:

After this, I'm gonna start Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic. Should be good from what I have heard in the suggestions thread.
Old 2013-04-05, 10:12   Link #3638
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Might drop console actually. Have the ps3. Aiming to collect the atelier games and platinum games. Also want to play mugen souls. RPG with character creation is always interesting. Then again being a slave to a selfish arrogant loli has its ups and downs.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:11   Link #3639
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Vita: Still playing One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2, just working on the rest of the trophies left to get. The list doesn't seem as hard as the first game's was (mostly due to the random drop rates for coins), so these trophie sshouldn't take too long. Just gotta beat the game on Ultra Hard to get the remaining Secret Coins, and work on killing 500 enemies in a single Style Action. Probably once I'm done, I'll go back to Persona 4 Golden to get the final trophy I need.... "Hardcore Risette Fan"~

3DS: Picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate with that damned Circle Pad Pro, and have been playing online with some friends of mine since. Game is ALOT more enjoyable multiplayer.... but I'd probably still enjoy it playing it single player~

PS3: While waiting for the Sam DLC for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to finish off the trophies, I'll probably get into Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny again.... seeing as I've always meant to go back to it. Probably won't play it for trophies or anything... just to complete it.... it'll be good to do that after so long~
Can you play with strangers online for the 3DS version of MH3U? All I know how to do is connect with friends/random people within my vicinity.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:48   Link #3640
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Can you play with strangers online for the 3DS version of MH3U? All I know how to do is connect with friends/random people within my vicinity.
No, unfortunately from what I've heard... you can only do a Wifi Match by connecting to a WiiU and using it as a Wireless HUB. 3DS by itself is only good for Local Play~