AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-12, 12:15   Link #1
I love waffles!

Exclamation Pokémon Diamond and Pearl

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon.shtml

-The Pokédex now allows one to input their own weight and height to be compared to that of a Pokémon.

-Diamond and Pearl will utilize five different time periods, a concept originally introduced in Pokémon Gold and Silver; the scale of the system has grown substantially and now features: morning, daytime, afternoon, evening and night.

-Pokémon Contests, which first appeared in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, will return as "Super Contests", with a few similarities and a few differences. Super Contests consist of three rounds. In the Visual Judgement round, players utilize the DS's stylus to place objects on their Pokémon in order to receive points. In the Dance Judgement round, a player's Pokémon competes with its opponents in a test of rhythm and balance. The final round, Performance Judgement, is identical to the original premise of Pokémon Contests; Pokémon use their attacks to score points.

-Assuming the same role as Pokéblocks, Pofin, or Pokébread can be made through use of the touchscreen and fed to Pokémon in order to increase certain traits and the likelihood of success in a Contest.

-Aesthetic differences between male and female Pokémon of a given species will be implemented, including aspects such as differently sized or absent distinctive physical features. In the example provided by CoroCoro, a female Wooper has smaller antennae than its male counterpart.

-Diamond and Pearl will feature new abilities, a feature introduced in the previous generation of games, Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

-A completely new device known as the Pokétchi, resembling a wristwatch, can be obtained and will play host to a variety of features, including a time management system, a calculator, a method for monitoring Pokémon in the breeding center, and a type chart.

-The Battle Tower will return in Diamond and Pearl.

-The three starter Pokémon will continue the theme from all other Pokémon games, giving the player a choice of a Grass, Fire, or Water-type.

-Pokémon will make animated entrances into battle, as revealed in a Japanese commercial.

-Diamond and Pearl will feature new Pokémon natures, such as "Meticulous", "Frivolous".

-The Safari Zone is set to return.

-Diamond and Pearl will feature two new Pokéballs, the "Health Ball" and the "Dark Ball", the Health Balls heals the pokemon when it is captured and the Dark Ball makes it easier to capture pokemon in dark places, such as caves or at night

Last edited by I love waffles!; 2006-09-12 at 19:44. Reason: Spaces between thumbnails and fixed IMG links, take more care when posting!
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 12:29   Link #2
Sazuki
The Mage of Ice

Location: In your closet where I watch you while you sleep. >3
Send a message via Yahoo to Sazuki
A lot of this information I didn't know, but the rest I didn't.
Glad you posted this here. ^^
Also believe a new enemy team is taking over known as Team Galaxy. ._.;
Sazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 13:23   Link #3
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles!
-The Safari Zone is set to return.
Oh god not the Safari Zone =x That place was pure hell with all the messing around with bait and trying to catch rare stuff when you barely had a chance.

Considering I've been playing pokemon games since the days of red and blue and am now a few days short of 19, I should reeeally have grown out of this by now... but screw that, I'll import it anyway. One does not simply grow out of pokemon.

Bit meh about some of the new designs though, but the in-game sprites are loads better than the official artwork for those we have so hopefully that'll apply to most of the ones announced today too. Wish Mukkuru was a tiger... the name makes me think of Utawarerumono every time.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 13:32   Link #4
Sazuki
The Mage of Ice

Location: In your closet where I watch you while you sleep. >3
Send a message via Yahoo to Sazuki
Agree. I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue too.
I don't mind the Safari Zone coming back but it's harder than hell to capture what you want.
Still, you can't grow out of Pokemon. Pokemon is love.
Sazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 13:43   Link #5
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Considering I've been playing pokemon games since the days of red and blue and am now a few days short of 19, I should reeeally have grown out of this by now... but screw that, I'll import it anyway. One does not simply grow out of pokemon.
Damn straight! I'm 17 and I still like pokemon.
Old 2006-09-12, 13:51   Link #6
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
A lot of this information I didn't know, but the rest I didn't.
What? There's bound to be a typo there.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 14:02   Link #7
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

You know, I saw the screenshots and was like, "Crap. Same old crappy graphics, with little to no improvement." But, curious, I checked out a video on YouTube.com and was very pleasantly surprised. There's a lot of 3D touches you simply do not see in the still frames. The entire world map appears to be done in 3D, and it looks gorgeous.

Plus they'e added an evolution for my favourite, previously non-evolving, Pokemon, Sneasel. I still think Sneasel should evolve into Cefca, though.
Old 2006-09-12, 14:11   Link #8
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
You know, I saw the screenshots and was like, "Crap. Same old crappy graphics, with little to no improvement." But, curious, I checked out a video on YouTube.com and was very pleasantly surprised. There's a lot of 3D touches you simply do not see in the still frames. The entire world map appears to be done in 3D, and it looks gorgeous.

Plus they'e added an evolution for my favourite, previously non-evolving, Pokemon, Sneasel. I still think Sneasel should evolve into Cefca, though.
Same, actually. I think I just saw a few of the screenshots where it was less obvious though, then you start to see the ones where the view tilt (because it's not entirely from above anymore) and it becomes more obvious... and some of the battle effects are waay fancier. Not as good as it could be, but to be honest I'd prefer them not to go into full 3D (like the GC stadium/colosseum games) or anything anyway. It just wouldn't feel the same. There's just something about going out, getting your first starter and wandering around the world trying to get the ones you want and playing round with all the extra stuff that's been added. At least now the touch screen's being used I can stop the compulsive 'up and A' thing I've been doing when catching pokemon ever since hearing it increased your catching chances around red and blue (for the record I'm pretty sure it doesn't really, it's just a compulsive thing now).

Pretty sure I'll go water this time (went Squirtle in RB, Cyndaquil in GS, and Mudkip in RS) cus I've always liked penguins, but if the evolution pics come out and Naetoru's look cooler than Pochama's I may change my mind. Not much chance of me choosing Hikozaru though, fire monkies just do nothing for me.

And fail at posting in a topic just to point out a typo. Geez...
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 14:23   Link #9
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Looks good.
Seems like i have to buy a ds, the emus are not fully functional.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 20:48   Link #10
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles!
Damn straight! I'm 17 and I still like pokemon.
Me too I thought Emerald was the last one but Japan gets all the good games first but I'm compelled to say "MUST HAVE MUST BUY!"
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 15:00   Link #11
I love waffles!

Old 2006-09-25, 16:16   Link #12
Darkpaladin64
Evangelion02

Heh it is just a myth from what i heard in japan three years ago from one of my friends this is weird.really now the rumors I heard is that the main character swears and the pokemon are way cooler.is this truehuh looks true now kupo.
Darkpaladin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 17:06   Link #13
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Opinion-ism
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 18:07   Link #14
Darkpaladin64
Evangelion02

... what,yeah
Darkpaladin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 14:20   Link #15
I love waffles!

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 14:31   Link #16
Samourai
Le samouraď est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
im 17, i still love pokemon, no reason not to.
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 15:48   Link #17
I love waffles!

Here is the opening to the game
http://visionmovie.ameba.jp/mcb.swf?....iQaff/CimSaii
Old 2006-09-26, 21:27   Link #18
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I grew outta pokemon when I was 14 >.<. Wasn't going to let that crap follow me around high school.

People would be wise to learn that pokemon is a money scheme. When there are so many that you can't remember for the life of you the name of each and every individual one, you know the game's gone to shit.

The original blue/red/yellow were good. Everything past that just started to milk it.
Old 2006-09-26, 23:07   Link #19
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Sweet new pokemon, hopefully then wont leave out muchlax again and I still remember all the names that's your opinion not everyone elses.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 23:19   Link #20
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

You remember the names of what...like 750 different pokemon? Dude...become a computer scientist and put that memorization skill to better use.