|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Newtype:
Old 2012-01-08, 04:01   Link #162
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Newtype:
It's pretty annoying they use the dead character as poster girl.
Old 2012-01-08, 04:20   Link #163
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
i think the blond girl will transform into the red-haired girl, everyone will think that the blond girl is dead, her friend too
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 05:13   Link #164
DangerMouse

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
i think the blond girl will transform into the red-haired girl, everyone will think that the blond girl is dead, her friend too
Goddamn that's annoying she's dead and they still put out this next image in the mag with her as the poster girl...

I suppose that's possible (hopefully) but aside from appearing to be in a berserk mode she appears fully transformed in Kanade's orange/brown and black colors with the white armor.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-08 at 07:32.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 05:35   Link #165
xizro345
King's Justice

I think speculating at this point is pretty much pointless. The show can go in any direction.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 05:40   Link #166
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
being a Lancer is suffering

also
Symphowear Titus! \o/
Old 2012-01-08, 08:25   Link #167
Casshern

What the...

100 climaxes?

Aufwachenschlagen???
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:49   Link #168
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
being a Lancer is suffering

also
VA jokes along with mecha...thats what happens if you add the correct(wrong) ingredients.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:24   Link #169
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hope that does NOT happen. I hate plots where it's a "weak/annoying/newbie hero takes on position/form of former or deceased hero" type of situation going on.
Old 2012-01-08, 13:19   Link #170
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well that was strange to say the least. I can tell they are trying to be hot blooded with the fighting, but honestly the whole singing while fighting thing kind of takes away from that and just kind of makes it look absurd, and you really don't need that when you're opponents are giant glowing radioactive....things.

Also holy panting Hibiki, I guess they were going for suspense when she was running, but the high pitched wheezing and panting kind of got to be a little much by the time she got on top of the building. Also she's apparently a half loli fanservice character, I say half cause she's clearly not flat-chested and the show gives you a clear look at this fact in a pretty amusing fanservice scene where she looks at the scar. Too top it all off she apparently has a berserk mode, which is kind of amusing since otherwise she's almost pure moeblob in this opening portrayal

All that said I'm amazed that the singing stuff didn't bother me as much as I thought it would considering how prevalent it was. It's no secret that the whole singing idol trend with anime has gotten pretty stale by me, but other than the first concert sequence it really didn't feel that that was the focus and the focus elsewhere was on providing solid action sequences. Solid action sequences that feel like I'm watching a music video, but solid action sequences non the less that are mercifully lacking in cheesy idol dancing. I'm glad at the very least they got this priority straight cause honestly when I saw the trailer I figured it could have gone either way. Now that's not to say that I don't think there's a heavy focus on pushing CD singles like a lot of so-called musical shows like K-On are, but at least they made it entertaining. That's all I really asked for out of this, that it be somewhat entertaining.

I think I'll continue to follow this unless something comes across to take it's place, but my expectations aren't high and I don't expect it to really be anything better than a popcorn munching type show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 13:49   Link #171
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Ok I just watched the first episode last night

Spoiler for Thoughts on Episode 01:

Quote:
That would explain the some what loopy time line. (Present: Hibiki dead. Two years ago: The concert. Present: Hibiki is alive) If everyone thinks she is dead because she has turned into Kanade, that would explain a lot.

Thought when did that Newtype hit the stands? Even after the pre-screening I think they still tried to hide the fact Kanade dies in episode 01.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I think speculating at this point is pretty much pointless. The show can go in any direction.
I think you may be right, with how little we know it might just be impossible to figure out what will happen next.

Anyway, I realy enjoyed this episode and I can't wait for the next one.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2012-01-08 at 16:04.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:26   Link #172
Marina2

I like everything I saw in the first ep. except the timeline issue which is a bit confuse.

Hibiki is a cute girl. Her personallity is like the mix between Yui (K-on) + Madoka (Madoka Magika)'s personality.

Quote:
There was a show that did that better.

Spoiler for that show:
Old 2012-01-08, 14:37   Link #173
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
But tasteful that she's alive in the poster.
Old 2012-01-08, 15:25   Link #174
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
But tasteful that she's alive in the poster.
It's the other way around for me. I think it's very distasteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Spoiler for that show:
That's funny because I didn't like it there either.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-01-08 at 16:12.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:09   Link #175
DangerMouse

Quote:
Spoiler for that show:
Spoiler:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-08 at 16:38.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:20   Link #176
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Newtype:
So when did this issue of Newtype come out anyway?

Quote:
The two options I see why they did this is: A. Trying not to tip off the people that were avoiding spoilers before the TV airing. B. We have not seen the last of Kanade.

Quote:
I like everything I saw in the first ep. except the timeline issue which is a bit confuse.
Yes, the second skip back to the present kind of confused me too. Either the scene in the beginning before the skip to the past is farther in the future then the current present, or maybe at some point in the next episode Hibiki's death will be faked for some reason. (Possibly due to the Hibiki turing into Kanade theory.)
Old 2012-01-08, 17:19   Link #177
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
So when did this issue of Newtype come out anyway?
The very recent ones.
Old 2012-01-08, 17:26   Link #178
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Senki Zessho Symphogear. Start of the Year - comments

Beat of Awakening

This time I really shouldn't have read Divine's post for episode one of this series at the Random Curiosity blog. This is because about the issue with the timeskips featured in the episode.

Spoiler:

Basically, the story for Symphogear will carry on in a similar fashion. Even, it's possible that they'll be time skipping forward and backward to relate all the experiences about Kanade, Tsubasa, and Hibiki. So, from a retroactively point of view we could likely be seeing more of Kanade, because her dying so early forever won't make me happy.

What I can say?
I'm really proud of having picked this show and started the year watching it.

Musical action, sci-fi elements, techno/magic-girl elements, slice-of-life, and a fast pacing, because the first episode felt to me that it went in a blink of an eye.
Spoiler:

And my first impressions were that if the studio had pushed even more budget into the show to make use of CGI-animation for Zwei Wing's live-concert performance, then surely I would have screamed HeartCatch PreCure.
Because for starters Kanade's seiyuu voiced by Minami Takeyama, and Tsubasa's seiyuu voiced by Nana Mizuki, which both seiyuu lent their voices for the principal protagonist and antagonist in HeartCatch Precure.
Furthermore, the use of music for the girls to summon their transformation and singing in the rhythm of the battle at the midst of battling against dozens of "Noise" seems to me like adding a new action dynamic which makes me to feel more drawn into the songs.

This was just the first episode, but boy, the fast pacing and the cliffhanger at the end made me to jump in excitement to look for more, and I'm getting just that impatience to see what happens next week.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 19:24   Link #179
abc0716

Spoiler for Impression of episode 1:
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 21:21   Link #180
FateAnomaly

Not a bad first episode. The singing and fighting is a little amusing. The time skipping is confusing but will probably clear up by next episode or so. Another area i feel inadequate is that the minions was attacking and Kanade is defending but when Hibiki was struck they just stop attacking....and they allow Kanade to finish her song while simply standing there. (Talking and singing is a free action indeed). The present day Hibiki chase was also weird. They seems to be just waiting for her. Waiting in alleys just to ambush defenceless civilians... Also do they have a vendetta against her or something.

However, despite these i think still like it enough to continue watching.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy