AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-06-16, 06:04   Link #1
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Love Live! (2nd Season)

https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/s...20439019855872

Announced at the "μ's 3rd Anniversary Love Live!" live event.
Yeah! Spring 2014!
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-06-16 at 06:14.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 06:21   Link #2
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Second season YES!!!
why spring can't come faster?! I want my honoka, nozomi, and maki, AND all of μ's! D:
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 06:30   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

Too far off
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 07:59   Link #4
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Crossposting:

ANN: Love Live! Gets 2nd TV Anime Season, PS Vita Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime News Network
The "Love Live! μ's 3rd Anniversary Love Live!" event announced on Sunday that a second television anime season of Love Live! has been green-lit for next spring. The event also announced that the "μ's →Next Love Live! 2014 ~Endless Parade!" event will be held on February 8 and 9, 2014 at the Saitama Super Arena. The franchise will have a PlayStation Vita game next spring.

Two earlier "Next Projects" were already revealed: the μ's group's sixth single and the three 2nd session unit singles.
ARE YOUR BODIES READY TO SERVE YOUR EMPRESS AGAIN GENTS?!?!?!?!

*caps lock off*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 08:02   Link #5
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Awesome news I've heard all day. It sucks that I have wait till new spring to see Umi in all her beautiful glory again, but oh well, it's back and can't wait to see Muse (particulary Umi) in action again!

Last edited by Kirito; 2013-06-16 at 08:14.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 08:07   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Yeah... Going out Live. I hope they will boy fans from now on,....

>_>
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 08:36   Link #7
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Definite second season announcement for me! I'm so happy we'll get more of this!
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 08:56   Link #8
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Arghhh. And I so hoped that Sunrise Studio 8 would make Horizon 3 or smth new (((
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:10   Link #9
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Arghhh. And I so hoped that Sunrise Studio 8 would make Horizon 3 or smth new (((
Who says they aren't? Correct me if I'm wrong but since Love Live ended last season they've been attached to nothing but this, which is airing a year after the first season ended. I really doubt that Studio 8 are going to be doing nothing in that 1 year period, especially when you have a prior example of them doing Horizon 2, Accel World and that movie, all at the same time pretty much.

I really don't think it's out of the realms of them doing a series in Fall or Winter before Love Live S2 in Spring. Whether it's Horizon 3 (Studio 8's best selling title), Accel World 2 or a new IP though, who knows. Love Live 2 probably got mentioned early for marketing reasons, god knows the VITA needs it.

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-06-16 at 09:31.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:20   Link #10
AP24

The first season BDs are selling this much, how could they not make another season.
28,073 - Vol. 1 Limited Edition (One episode)
19,203 - Vol. 2 Limited Edition (Two episodes up to Vol. 7)
15,982 - Vol. 3 Limited Edition
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:28   Link #11
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I hope so. But still. Just that I dropped S1(although I liked all MVs and dropped it more because I had to much ongoing series that season). Maybe I'll give it a chance if i'll have time.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:36   Link #12
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I loved Season 1. However, a lot of that really was the plot.

Love Live! Season 1 did a great job of slowly building up Muse. The bulk of its episodes was dedicated to the gradual and eventual formation of the entire group. This gave the narrative a real sense of forward momentum and growing viewer anticipation.

Plot-wise, this can't really be duplicated because Muse is now formed. There are a couple obvious things they can do in Season 2, and if they go with that it'll definitely help, but how they fill up another cour's worth of episodes is not something I'm altogether sure of.

Still, I love these characters and I loved Season 1, so I look forward to Season 2. Spring 2014 is a good time for the continuation - Almost exactly a year between the ending of one season and the start of the next.
Old 2013-06-16, 09:49   Link #13
Midonin
Last Engage

What's important to Love Live is not the plot, but the story.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:52   Link #14
Sumeragi
Banned

I still need to watch the first season.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 10:13   Link #15
xizro345
King's Justice

The first series crumbled spectacularly in the last two episodes due to absolutely forced drama and a ridicolous (to say the least) resolution of the "issues". As I said back then, it's like they wanted to do a longer series then remembered they had to finish in 12 episodes.
I seriously hope there will be a better planned story this time (oh, and more frames for the CG parts).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 10:58   Link #16
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
What's important to Love Live is not the plot, but the story.
I think this is a distinction without a difference when it comes to Love Live! Season 1.

The plot and the story of Love Live! is the gradual and eventual formation of Muse, with the main goals being saving a school and participating in a major event.
Old 2013-06-16, 11:09   Link #17
Midonin
Last Engage

That's the plot, yes, but not the story. The story is about Honoka discovering her role as a leader, and how she affects everyone else around her. It's about how all the members of μ's learn to shed their facades for various reasons and obtain a greater sense of teamwork. "Saving the school" is the plot, but what what those things mean is the story.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 11:20   Link #18
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
That's the plot, yes, but not the story. The story is about Honoka discovering her role as a leader, and how she affects everyone else around her. It's about how all the members of μ's learn to shed their facades for various reasons and obtain a greater sense of teamwork.
None of this happens without the plot being what it is. That's why, in this case, the plot and story are essentially one and the same. The story is simply how the plot is executed. Saving the school is not unimportant. It is a very important part of the plot and the story.

My main point is simply this - Love Live! Season 1 has a very engaging plot/story. For the most part, that plot/story has been resolved. There's a couple obvious things they can do that ties into it, but it's hard for me to see how they get an entire cour's worth of episodes out of it. So that's the key to Season 2, imo - What new plot/story comes into focus for the next season. Don't get me a wrong, a couple episodes of the Muse girls just goofing off might be fine (even Season 1 had that), but these characters shine their brightest when they're actively working towards a heartfelt goal, imo.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-06-16 at 11:35.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 12:02   Link #19
Miraluka
Banned

If there is a Niko I'll be done.

I really hated that lame ending for the first season.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:04   Link #20
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
That's the plot, yes, but not the story. The story is about Honoka discovering her role as a leader, and how she affects everyone else around her. It's about how all the members of μ's learn to shed their facades for various reasons and obtain a greater sense of teamwork.
And that ties to my complaints about the first season. It does a nice buildup for it, but then rushes through the end and it ends being unsatisfactory (at least it did for me). Sunrise should either make it longer or avoid this kind of acceleration.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol, music