AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-25, 22:47   Link #501
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

I predicted that this story will end with an unresolved love triangle and I'm kind of glad it did. At first I thought that I'd be upset with that ending but now I'm OK with it. Maybe its because I have this feeling that there will be a season 2 because of the ending, although I doubt it will ever happen but who know?

I HOPE THERE IS!!
Old 2008-09-25, 22:47   Link #502
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
ARHGHHRHGH HGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGH

Undecided end.
Undecided end.
Undecided end.

I hereby declare this COP-OUT OF THE CENTURY. This isn't the first time the bastard Kawamori have done this....cop-out of the 20th century was with Macross 7 (Mylene clearly should have picked Gamlin - Basara was someone beyond the affections of mere mortals...the only one fitting for a deity of rock music like Basara would have been Sivil)

If they were going for undecided end, then what was the point of BUILDING UP all the Sheryl parts in the past few episodes for? Are they just mocking us Sheryl fans?

Wasn't Alto going to say something to Sheryl before he left for battle in the previous episode? What happens to that now??????????????

I am RAGING SO HARD.

Kawamori should have grown a pair and made a decisive end.
Actually, Kawamori should have manned-up and made Sheryl x Alto end. I am sure that would have been the best business decision ever and an overwhelming majority of the fans would have immediately declared Macross F as "best show ever." That's right, Ranka x Alto fans are too insignificant to be considered

Being a die-hard Sheryl loyalist, I hereby shamelessly declare this episode is earning a PAINFUL 1 from me. BAD END Ranka x Alto would have gotten negative infinity - a score too bad to even be represented by an actual numerical value. That's right - the only way this episode would have gotten a 10 was if Alto had made up his mind and PICKED OUR QUEEN SHERYL. But he didn't, because Kawamori copped-out.

EPIC FAIL, Kawamori, EPIC FAIL
You get one chance to redeem yourself, Kawamori-fail: only if you make the movie EPIC SHERYL X ALTO END
(The same could be applied to Yoshino Hirokazu if he's the one behind this, but I say Kawamori gets the majority of the blame because he definitely has final say in everything Macross)

LONG LIVE OUR QUEEN SHERYL NOME!!!!

May she defeat that silly green-haired puppy.
Old 2008-09-25, 22:54   Link #503
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
ARHGHHRHGH HGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGH

Undecided end.
Undecided end.
Undecided end.

I hereby declare this COP-OUT OF THE CENTURY. This isn't the first time the bastard have done this....cop-out of the 20th century was with Macross 7 (Mylene clearly should have picked Gamlin - Basara was someone beyond the affections of mere mortals...the only one fitting for a deity of rock music like Basara would have been Sivil)

If they were going for undecided end, then what was the point of BUILDING UP all the Sheryl parts in the past few episodes for? Are they just mocking us Sheryl fans?

Wasn't Alto going to say something to Sheryl before he left for battle in the previous episode? What happens to that now??????????????

I am RAGING SO HARD.

Kawamori should have grown a pair and made a decisive end.
Actually, Kawamori should have manned-up and made Sheryl x Alto end. I am sure that would have been the best business decision ever and an overwhelming majority of the fans would have immediately declared Macross F as "best show ever." That's right, Ranka x Alto fans are too insignificant to be considered

Being a die-hard Sheryl loyalist, I hereby declare this episode is earning a PAINFUL 1 from me. BAD END Ranka x Alto would have gotten negative infinity - a score too bad to even be represented by an actual numerical value. That's right - the only way this episode would have gotten a 10 was if Alto had made up his mind and PICKED OUR QUEEN SHERYL. But he didn't, because Kawamori copped-out.

EPIC FAIL, Kawamori, EPIC FAIL
You get one chance to redeem yourself, Kawamori-fail: only if you make the movie EPIC SHERYL X ALTO END
(The same could be applied to Yoshino Hirokazu if he's the one behind this, but I say Kawamori gets the majority of the blame because he definitely has final say in everything Macross)

May she defeat that silly green-haired puppy.
You sir are the most Avid Sheryl fan.
Old 2008-09-25, 22:55   Link #504
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

OK!! What kind of people vote this as painful, HELL what kind of people wouldn't vote this excellent - perfect? What the hell were they watching?
Old 2008-09-25, 22:58   Link #505
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
I predicted that this story will end with an unresolved love triangle and I'm kind of glad it did. At first I thought that I'd be upset with that ending but now I'm OK with it. Maybe its because I have this feeling that there will be a season 2 because of the ending, although I doubt it will ever happen but who know?

I HOPE THERE IS!!

Nah....but they did officially confirm a Macross F movie.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-09-25, 22:58   Link #506
golthin

Quote:
OK!! What kind of people vote this as painful, HELL what kind of people wouldn't vote this excellent - perfect? What the hell were they watching?
people from BOTH camps that didn't get their pairing! Still, we would be getting more painful ratings if one girl had been chosen! there are many shippers from both sides that are giving the show good scores.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:04   Link #507
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
people from BOTH camps that didn't get their pairing! Still, we would be getting more painful ratings if one girl had been chosen! there are many shippers from both sides that are giving the show good scores.
Nah. If there's a poll of every Macross F fan in the world, Sheryl shippers would have vastly outnumbered Ranka shippers by a ratio of at least 2 to 1
Old 2008-09-25, 23:06   Link #508
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Nah. If there's a poll of every Macross F fan in the world, Sheryl shippers would have vastly outnumbered Ranka shippers by a ratio of at least 2 to 1
You so have some Sherly artwork in your album, man.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:14   Link #509
grss1982

Quote:
There are like 4 moments were I just had to lol:
  1. 1. Ranka-chan bitch slaps Sherly
  2. 2. Alto's Valkyrie salutes to Ranka and Sherly
  3. 3. The Daedalus attack and the follow up
  4. 4. Grace's death.
Most likely there's will be more once the subs come out.
2 is most probably a DYRL homage.

3 is an SDFM Homage.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:16   Link #510
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Quote:
You so have some Sherly artwork in your album, man.
Actually the "Romance in Macross F" proved my point. Actually more.

Alto x Sheryl: 130
Alto x Ranka: 28

LOL the ratio is even higher than 4 to 1. Understandably, this is just a small sample, but when the difference is so large, it's definitely beyond sampling error.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:23   Link #511
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
There are like 4 moments were I just had to lol:
  1. 1. Ranka-chan bitch slaps Sherly
  2. 2. Alto's Valkyrie salutes to Ranka and Sherly
  3. 3. The Daedalus attack and the follow up
  4. 4. Grace's death.
Most likely there's will be more once the subs come out.
He only saluted Sheryl. She also saluted him back in the next shot.

Quote:
I watched an episode that should have been at least twice as long as it was, and had everything rushed from start to finish. Saving Ranka took all of 20 seconds, taking out Galaxy took all of 1 minute, taking out Grace took all of 90 seconds, it was the biggest rush job in anime history. There's still a ton of questions(is Grace downloaded into another body? Where's Galaxy's colony ships? Who was the aimo voice singing in the end? What happened to Ranshe and Mao? What happened to Leon?). I have to ask, what the hell were you watching? We won't even talk about the absolutely HORRIBLE remix of songs that didn't even come close of working together.

I didn't say one thing about the pairing issue in this post. That's how screwed up the ending was.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:26   Link #512
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Indeed. Everything was so rushed. Not to mention RAGE at relationship cop-out

I am holding out on a little prayer that the movie will be a 90 minute remake of the ending. A real ending. And it will be SHERYL END

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

I watched an episode that should have been at least twice as long as it was, and had everything rushed from start to finish. Saving Ranka took all of 20 seconds, taking out Galaxy took all of 1 minute, taking out Grace took all of 90 seconds, it was the biggest rush job in anime history. There's still a ton of questions(is Grace downloaded into another body? Where's Galaxy's colony ships? Who was the aimo voice singing in the end? What happened to Ranshe and Mao? What happened to Leon?). I have to ask, what the hell were you watching? We won't even talk about the absolutely HORRIBLE remix of songs that didn't even come close of working together.

I didn't say one thing about the pairing issue in this post. That's how screwed up the ending was.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:26   Link #513
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Honestly, as I said earlier, the movie is coming and it will answer the question. I suspect that the unresolved romance will be crux of the upcoming movie and also Birle search for Lynn Min Mei.

I also think that some people are overreacting.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:28   Link #514
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleaFeng View Post
Ten bucks says the movie's a retelling of the series.
Easy money in that one. Count my ten Reichsmark into the pool.

Seriously, people, unless Kawamori gets trolled by Japanese fans hard, that's exactly what we're going to see.

And yeah, looking at all the info.. die Konigin got robbed. Still, she's alive and well in the end, and that, when compared to the alternative, is a major plus. No Tomino spirits to exorcise.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:39   Link #515
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Oh ya, another evidence of SUPER RUSH JOB:

Leon got epic quick arrest and 0 mention in the final 10 minutes of the episode. Wow, way to go dealing with the secondary villain of the entire series. Awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

Old 2008-09-25, 23:41   Link #516
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Hn. After the evening adrenaline rush died off and I rewatched again...
I'm a bit sad they didn't give us a last minute new song?

Also Ranka's supposed development/growth makes absolutely no sense, seeing as she decided to...slap sense into a dying girl who forcedly pushed forwards despite a non-existent future (of course Ranka MAGICALLY changed that scene. Kind of wished she'd did that earlier but what the heck.) and suddenly became ridiculously interested in the world again?

Bilrer was a useless addition. Sheryl's history as a real Nome seems to have no impact upon her singing along with the M0 refs that...seemed really random, and Ranka gets saved...again, and clearly felt like dokidokidoki all over again.
The marred Brera's beautiful face. He better get that repaired or I shall be unhappy.

Nothing...really happened...it was pewpewpew and songs...
I feel slightly cheated.

Esp. with a no resolution ending too.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:48   Link #517
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Few questions I notice here:

Galaxy Fleet was destroyed, the only thing left is the Battler which Grace retained for her nefarious purposes. It would suggest that the Vajra might killed the entire population of Galaxy Fleet. I don't think Grace and the co has any use for Galaxy Colonial Fleet, hence she killed them off.

Ranshe could have died in flames whereas Mao could dead earlier due to old age? I mean chronologically, Mao was first seen in Macross Zero which took place around 2008-2009. She is like mid to late teens.

Leon was arrested on charges of conspiracy and perhaps imprisoned to face trial for sedition. Being smart villain he is, he will break out and perhaps become principal villain for next movie. Perhaps he will kidnap the divas for his own nefarious scheme in movie?

Grace has no reason to download anymore since she is with the ultimate weapon which she felt impossible to defeat. The collective voices also agreed with her and felt exultant when they are nesting inside the Bird Human since it is their ultimate goal.

Just some answers.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:53   Link #518
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

A picture's worth a thousand words:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-25, 23:54   Link #519
Minari

Rofl.. you guys.. the Triangle was totally resolved.

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2008-09-25, 23:56   Link #520
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

guess that all we need is another Kawamori's interview. he got to be out to say something, to please the raging fans at the unresolved love triangle, the rushed plotline and stuff...

at least, he got to "promote" or say something on his upcoming MF movie..and what will it be? a sequel or a remake?
Closed Thread