AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-24, 18:10   Link #201
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
I've encountered this and I cannot relate it to Strawberry anything, Kashimashi, etc. Haven't seen them :P As far as yuri is considered, it's not 'really' yuri, but the appearances are ultra deceiving. Mizuho is a very good trap, but I don't find here the favorite of the girls.

Sickly girls for the win! Shion, and other sickly girls, something about them, just makes me wanna go to the kitchen and make them some warm soup [then spoon feed them]. awww

I'll seriously have issues with this series if they don't point out why his grandparent wanted Mizuho to attend the school. Also, I do believe he is trying his best to keep the male teen hormones in check, but how long is that going to last? At least he has his own room.
I find it funny the 2 girls know about him, that's quite dangerous though, in a good way. Naturally, there was that moment between ShionXMizuho in EP01, so I assume there needs to be some romance between them.

fun fun
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 18:18   Link #202
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaken View Post
I've encountered this and I cannot relate it to Strawberry anything, Kashimashi, etc. Haven't seen them :P As far as yuri is considered, it's not 'really' yuri, but the appearances are ultra deceiving. Mizuho is a very good trap, but I don't find here the favorite of the girls.

Sickly girls for the win! Shion, and other sickly girls, something about them, just makes me wanna go to the kitchen and make them some warm soup [then spoon feed them]. awww

I'll seriously have issues with this series if they don't point out why his grandparent wanted Mizuho to attend the school. Also, I do believe he is trying his best to keep the male teen hormones in check, but how long is that going to last? At least he has his own room.
I find it funny the 2 girls know about him, that's quite dangerous though, in a good way. Naturally, there was that moment between ShionXMizuho in EP01, so I assume there needs to be some romance between them.

fun fun
I agree with you you really cant call it a Yuri since it is a male lead just impersonating a female. The only thing i would relate it to Strawberry Panic with is the Elder title and Etolie title thats pretty much it. I cant see them not revealing why his uncle wanted him to do this we just might not get it till later in the series and as for the hormones i know no male on the face of this planet unles they are a homosexual with that will power and if they do have the will power to make they must be some type of super ultra new species of man that has undergone the strictiest of celebate monk training. i know i couldnt do it one of two things would happen i would be discovred or id die from the frustration
Old 2006-10-24, 19:14   Link #203
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well this anime is not really intended of becoming a yuri. It just somehow looked like one with the cross-dressing type...and the fact that Mizuho almost as pretty as any girl around the school. People compare this to Strawberry Panic because of the Elder business (just like you guys said).

--> I guess "her" uncle want "her" to attend to that school for some other reason. I don't think he would really want Mizuho to go there just for his personal enjoyment no?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 19:52   Link #204
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post

--> I guess "her" uncle want "her" to attend to that school for some other reason. I don't think he would really want Mizuho to go there just for his personal enjoyment no?
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the truth though!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 20:50   Link #205
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, it's not going to give him much "personal enjoyment" now that he's dead. Unless it's like your "final prank" or something (as in, he died happily knowing that he was going to make Mizuho's life a living hell?).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 21:57   Link #206
dojikyo

Quote:
Well this anime is not really intended of becoming a yuri. It just somehow looked like one with the cross-dressing type...and the fact that Mizuho almost as pretty as any girl around the school. People compare this to Strawberry Panic because of the Elder business (just like you guys said).

I was under the impression that the uncle sent Mizuho to that school because it was the school that Mizuho's late mother, which he never got to meet, attended.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 02:02   Link #207
JediNight
キズランダム

I think there isn't anything behind the grandfather thing at all. It's probably just some cheap way the creator thought up to put the main character in this situation. The series isn't exactly a well crafted anime epic for the ages.... ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 02:21   Link #208
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it's not going to give him much "personal enjoyment" now that he's dead. Unless it's like your "final prank" or something (as in, he died happily knowing that he was going to make Mizuho's life a living hell?).
lol thats exactally wht i thought tho the old geezer can be staring down at mizuho from heaven/or hell laughing

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:52   Link #209
ryaken

aahhh crap. alright, so I guess I understand the relation with the elder business. I don't see that lasting long though; the competition that is. it would be too weak if that was the major conflict.

as for the reason, I'll be looking for the most subtle revalations by Mizuho if she starts to question why this even happened, but if it keeps up some comedy I'll believe anything about the uncle laughing in the afterlife.

So far, it really doesn't seem like the girls are into each other, sure Mariya and Shion play a bit, but for the most part, they seems to be straight. Its all going to boild down to who can control the hormones best, whoever that is, will win, win what? i have no clue. I'll just be waiting to see what happens next ^^
Old 2006-10-25, 08:03   Link #210
tritoch

The major conflict is the growing attachment of Mizuho to all the girls he encountered so far..

Spoiler:

This'll prolly be a "got caught and now what?" scenario later with Shion x Mizuho pairing as the focal point.. or not.. im just guessing. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 10:47   Link #211
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Here's the full ED song lyrics:

Sakakibara Yui: Beautiful Day

あなたを見つけた それだけでIt's beautiful day
こんな毎日がずっと続けばいいのに…!

目覚ましの前に目が覚めた Good morning
やけにニヤけちゃう ねぇ 期待しちゃってる

今日こそ勇気出して 言えるかな「How are you?」だけど

こんな毎日がずっと続けばいいのに…!

いつかこの想い 届きますように
そう願う毎日さえも Beautiful day!

変わらない景色 見慣れたはずの Way home
ウインドウの前で つい チェックしちゃってる…

やっぱり自信がない 空振り Also today… だけど

あなたを見つめる それだけでIt's beautiful day
でも明日こそきっともっと近づきたい…!

そして並んでこの道を歩きたいなって
だから負けない 自分を磨いて Beautiful day!

こんな毎日がずっと続けばいいのに…!

あなたの隣にいれたら More beautiful day
そう明日こそ 勇気を出しましょ! Say「hello!」

anata wo mitsuketa sore dake de It's beautiful day
konna mainichi ga zutto tsudzukeba ii no ni...!

mezamashi no maeni me ga sameta Good morning
yake ni niyakechau nee kitai shichatteru

kyou koso yuuki dashite ieru kana "How are you?" dakedo

itsuka kono omoi todokimasu you ni
sou negau mainichi sae mo Beautiful day!

kawaranai keshiki minaretahazu no Way home
WINDOW no mae de tsui CHECK shichatteru

yappari jishin ga nai karaburi Also today... dakedo

anata wo mitsumeru sore dake de It's beautiful day
demo ashita koso kitto motto chikadzukitai

soshite narande kono michi wo arukitai natte
dakara makenai jibun wo migaite Beautiful day!

anata no tonari ni iretara More beautiful day
sou ashita koso yuuki wo dashimasho! Say "hello!"
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 22:28   Link #212
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
The major conflict is the growing attachment of Mizuho to all the girls he encountered so far..

Spoiler:

This'll prolly be a "got caught and now what?" scenario later with Shion x Mizuho pairing as the focal point.. or not.. im just guessing. =p
And expect that Mariya would be part of this love relationship thingy sooner or later. They can't stay forever just being childhood friends after all.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-26, 05:41   Link #213
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I'm quite interested to see how Takako might play into the equation as well. Apparently either her or her aide might certainly seem to be a threat to Mizuho's real identity.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 06:04   Link #214
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I really wonder as well whether or not this show is yuri/shoujo-ai. On the one hand anidb states it is based on a yuri game and on the other hand it has a male protagonist dressed as a girl. Are they trying to make him look that beautiful that the viewer forget he's acctually male so that it somehow counts as a yuri show...? Or is it just another Harem show (with some yuri tendencies) with a large female cast where the viewers is jelous of the mainchar's situation and find at least one of the numerous girls to support. Maybe they just wanted to mix both genres and now the outcome is a little unclear but entertaining non the less.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 06:39   Link #215
tritoch

I dont mind "Harem".

Hopefully DRAMA kicks in high gear. I really like the premise of the show. There's lots of different paths to take to make this show a little more serious rather than flat out comedy.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 14:09   Link #216
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Or maybe Takako wasn't the real bad girl here. Maybe someone else from later episode. Hm, looks like we haven't seen an episode that features Mizuho on a swimsuit no? Well, I think they'll put one
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-26, 14:14   Link #217
JediNight
キズランダム

Maybe they will go the really lame route and at the end we find out it was all a dream, and Mizuho is just really a tomboy that was going to the school haha -_-;;
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:27   Link #218
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ lies! ill shoot myself if that happens
im hoping for some love drama...something like strawberry panic would be exellent but ofc we all know that mizuho is "straight"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 19:21   Link #219
ryaken

Totally straight! I doubt the dream thing, no. Timewise, how does it seem the school year is moving? I didn't really pay attention to it. Will the school years be completed by the last episode? I'm thinking no.
Old 2006-10-28, 13:01   Link #220
eggplant
Eggplant

I wonder how the StoPani enthusiasts are going to react to Episode 4?
Spoiler for Episode 4:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, caramelbox, comedy, genderbender, romance, school life, seinen