AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-20, 02:31   Link #241
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Whoa, crap... Index being licensed? I certainly didn't see this coming.

Now I'm going to go save everything before they're taken down...
Old 2014-04-20, 02:37   Link #242
zibi88

I hope somone made it with zipping Old Testament from BT in case anything happened

And I wonder if they bought only the license for Old Testament and not for NT (2nd series) or is this the whole pack.... (hope not)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 07:26   Link #243
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Sure. I got all of them downloaded. Official translation seems nice, but if the translation pace will be 1 volume\4 months that's kinda bad.
Old 2014-04-20, 07:39   Link #244
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

1 volume for 4 months is like the time for Kamachi to wrote another volume and have it published. We'll be looking at NT22 by then. Who would buy it?
DsCrystalEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 07:45   Link #245
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Well I would buy it just to support the franchise and to check out the official translation.

Last edited by StaticLord; 2014-04-20 at 12:08.
StaticLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 08:04   Link #246
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsCrystalEyes View Post
1 volume for 4 months is like the time for Kamachi to wrote another volume and have it published. We'll be looking at NT22 by then. Who would buy it?
People who like to actually support the things they like?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 10:02   Link #247
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
I read that as well. It certainly would be a release schedule that matches the sheer number of the LNs already released.
Old 2014-04-20, 13:50   Link #248
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Also, if the translation is good enough and attracts enough people it could sell very well.

It isn't like Disc World is a short series, and it's still sold a TON of books.

Most top fantasy series sell a lot. I hope the official translation introduces people to the amazing authur that is kamachi. It is unfortunate that he really only gets good around volume 12 though even though he improves IMO starting with volume 5 or 6...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 15:08   Link #249
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Given that the company seems to have a good level of credibility, and our god of translations himself seems to be mostly unaffected by it at the moment, so I think it's time to calm down. For the time being.

Time to get hype again. Speaking of, I hadn't read the full spoiler yet.

Quote:
>Kamijou Touma has made an enemy of the entire world to save Magic God Othinus.
>His previously reliable allies, the highly influential people, the espers, the magicians, and everyone else now attack him as "powerful enemies".
I'd really like to see if this "everyone else" refers to an specific someone. I really hope it's not Maria, though.

Quote:
>This battle has the lowest odds of survival and seems the most hopeless of any other in his life.
This is saying A LOT.

Quote:
>In other words, the world Kamijou has returned to is the same as "that hell".
Oh, Touma.

Quote:
>But he does not give in. He is not alone this time.
Does this refer only to Othinus or...? I mean, the first choice has such an HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG factor, but even Touma is gonna need some help for this one.

Quote:
>There is a way to save Othinus from the world. Namely, to neutralize her powers.
>To return her to human, he must retrieve the eye of the magic god from Mímir's Well which is in an old castle in Denmark.
Ok, it's probably Ollerus, this sounds like the sort of thing he would know.

Quote:
>Now he has a set objective.
>Kamijou fights to protect the life and smile of a single girl.
Let's do this
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 15:13   Link #250
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

not a spoiler, just a synopsis
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 15:17   Link #251
Requiem-x
The slacking one

We didn't know about the eye, so it's a mini-spoiler?
Old 2014-04-20, 17:25   Link #252
LevelSeven

Quote:
>There is a way to save Othinus from the world. Namely, to neutralize her powers.
and if the world will stop to hunt her until she is dead than i will shout BS.....
the only thing which they will accomplish is that othinus will not die for the moment and than the whole world will be after them, touma + othinus....
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 17:39   Link #253
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
and if the world will stop to hunt her until she is dead than i will shout BS.....
the only thing which they will accomplish is that othinus will not die for the moment and than the whole world will be after them, touma + othinus....
By the way, I wanted to point out to you. If last volume had Accelerator, and he went through the same things Touma did you would have liked it.

The reason being that you completely rejected suspending your disbelief last volume and giving credibility to what the author had to say about the people/characters involved and thought you knew how his world should work better than he did, because you don't like Touma and therefore refused to suspend your disbelief.

I don't understand why people enjoy hating on things, and having bad preconceptions which ruins their reading experience, because for the whole lot of people that think this was one of the best books ever written, we can look at this book and enjoy it very much and be very happy with ourselves. In your case, you keep on criticizing it, and it isn't giving you much or any pleasure at all.

So from my point of view, what you're doing is a waste of time, and it isn't even that pleasurable. Whether or not you continue to predict anything about Touma will be a failure, other people are really enjoying what they are reading. So I'm giving you the advice of stopping to keep on complaining about it, because all it'll end up doing is wasting the time of everyone who likes it because they'll keep on arguing with you about it, and especially you because you are using your precious time where you could be doing other things or reading other good books you actually enjoy to comment on this, which is a complete waste of your time.

Those are my 200 cents (it was long) to you, so I recommend you keep that in mind, before you drive everyone on this forum insane, with your very biased comments that keep on saying the same exact thing over and over again.
Old 2014-04-20, 17:46   Link #254
LevelSeven

Spoiler for @dniv:
Old 2014-04-20, 17:53   Link #255
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Spoiler for @dniv:
I'll try saying it another way. I like Hating on Attack on Titan, but I say good things about it to potential fans.

Why? Because it's more likely they'll like it than not. So it's good for them if I say good things about it or point out its good points and let them criticize it or not.

Otherwise, I'm using the fact that I don't like horror to prevent them from watching something they could really love.

So all I'm saying is that it's not that useful to say things like that about one of the best books in the series, because there are a lot of people who read just this book and then read the series and then get hooked off of characters like Accelerator. By criticizing Touma and Othinus so much in this book, you are preventing people who could like Accelerator from reading the series. I'm not really sure if that's what you want.

Also, if you're just trying to be annoying, I'll take what you're saying less seriously from here on out.

The last thing I want to point out is that if Accelerator were the main character, you would most definitely be less biased whether you believe it or not. The human brain works that way. It lies to us, especially us about what we think and would have felt, because cognitive biases make us think we are right. I am saying it is extremely likely this is more than somewhat the case. If you took more time to understand what was going on, you would probably like it.

I guess hating on some aspects of it is fun to you... God knows why... so I'll just let it be... but you could be doing better things with your time likely.
Old 2014-04-20, 18:00   Link #256
LevelSeven

Quote:
I guess hating on some aspects of it is fun to you... God knows why... so I'll just let it be... but you could be doing better things with your time likely.
no, not really XD

Quote:
The last thing I want to point out is that if Accelerator were the main character, you would most definitely be less biased whether you believe it or not.
because their is the simple explanation: he isnt some ordinary human blabla BS
problem solved...
Old 2014-04-20, 18:00   Link #257
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Level7, I encourage you to just knock it off, it's not going anywhere, you have your feelings and Dniv has his. I'm sure the majority agrees with Dniv on how Nt9 was a great book. If you continue to 'shout the same BS like always' It just goes to show how immature your being. I don't know you or your likes and dislikes so I'm not going to tell you how much your favoritism is just bias and your dislike of Touma is because of his characterization or what ever. What I will tell you is read the story for what it is.

Anyways, Index being Licensed, It's both great and scary even though I'm in the US, I've wished for this to happen and it did, woot.
Also I think Ollerus might play a role with the Castle In Denmark.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 23:55   Link #258
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Level7, I encourage you to just knock it off, it's not going anywhere, you have your feelings and Dniv has his. I'm sure the majority agrees with Dniv on how Nt9 was a great book. If you continue to 'shout the same BS like always' It just goes to show how immature your being. I don't know you or your likes and dislikes so I'm not going to tell you how much your favoritism is just bias and your dislike of Touma is because of his characterization or what ever. What I will tell you is read the story for what it is.

Anyways, Index being Licensed, It's both great and scary even though I'm in the US, I've wished for this to happen and it did, woot.
Also I think Ollerus might play a role with the Castle In Denmark.
Let Level7 like that. I also feel the same thing like you Ravager, but it just his view point about Index. At least he honest. I don't see reason to hate him. Just hate his act

let's stop about Licensed thinge, just discuss it at another spesific thread
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 00:23   Link #259
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Ollerus is definitely the enemy, right? considering what happened to him.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 00:32   Link #260
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Ollerus is definitely the enemy, right? considering what happened to him.
That would be awesome, though it will be a bit weird to have Othinus just tell Touma about the eye thing since she had just said there's no way to save her

On the other hand, it would make for one hell of talk

"Wait, I got something"
"Yes?"
"You have to touch my eye"
"um... what?"
"No, not this one, the one I gouged out"
"Wha...!?"
"Right before hanging myself"
""

Tags
boss rush, denmark