Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-06-29, 01:03   Link #1
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Murabito desu ga nani ka?

Recommending this story and didn't see a thread

MURABITO DESU GA NANI KA?

English title: I am a villager, what about it?

Synopsis:
Our protagonist was reincarnated in a world with goblin and dragon....but his optimal job is "villager". Using the cheat "getting one chance to redo life after death" he will show you what a villager can do.

The above synopsis isn't very good so i'll do one that i think is more fitting:

Lute the MC is reincarnated to another world as a villager instead of a hero like his childhood friend. He gambles everything on a couple of skills to start over once more in his quest to become the strongest villager in the world in order to keep his important people safe.

The story features two competing love interests, which aren't focused on. I don't really consider this a harem series myself because it really gets ignored most of the time. The MC is OP but not a jerkface about it. He's still a decent human being towards others until they pose a threat to his important people then he's a savage (punts a loli).

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3830dd/

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 01:18   Link #2
Kaito Yamakage

Ah, the story that everyone reads but no one can justify enjoying.

I looked forward to this 50-80 chapters back but I can't really say much good about it anymore so I won't say too much at all.

The start was pretty good and it had some good potential but I feel like the author made some of the worst moves on how to develop it.

Still reading it because I want to see a conclusion but with how crazy the series of events have gotten all I can see from a conclusion is the Ragnarok cliche.
Old 2017-06-29, 01:39   Link #3
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Ah, the story that everyone reads but no one can justify enjoying.

I looked forward to this 50-80 chapters back but I can't really say much good about it anymore so I won't say too much at all.

The start was pretty good and it had some good potential but I feel like the author made some of the worst moves on how to develop it.

Still reading it because I want to see a conclusion but with how crazy the series of events have gotten all I can see from a conclusion is the Ragnarok cliche.
Heck I can't justify enjoying most things with anything other than, "because i like it."

For reference sake could you point out some of the developments that bothered you in spoiler tags?

Old 2017-06-29, 02:13   Link #4
sasuke706

Oh yeah, I remember this. Still have on my bookmarks as a dead series for some reason.
I recall the author liked abusing the hell out of ellipses or something?
The protagonist wasn't particularly interesting or anything either, just your average forgettable guy.

Did this ever decide if it was a harem or not?
When I stopped caring, I recall there was the childhood friend hero, some dragon librarian whoever, and some priestess klutz at school.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 02:34   Link #5
Valky
Radioactive

It was fun, but the author skip the mc character development too much ..

I was really interested about the premise, since he actually die (again) before he could actually be strong despite being a villager. I actually liked this one better than the lv 999 one. But dang those skip .. he just suddenly became strong after passing one test ... plus the update was kinda slow when I read it back then, so I put it on hold.

The villains identity is a bit too obvious though.

Probably will resume reading again when it's character count reach 1million or so. lol

^Yeah, the author does love ellipses.

Well, not really sure about harem but there's an addition of Elf Youjo I think? Kinda stopped around that chapter so I'm not sure what happened to her either though. lol
Old 2017-06-29, 02:38   Link #6
WyrdMonger

Is the CHF male or female?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 02:39   Link #7
Valky
Radioactive

Chf is the red hair on the cover.
Old 2017-06-29, 02:50   Link #8
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
It was fun, but the author skip the mc character development too much ..

I was really interested about the premise, since he actually die (again) before he could actually be strong despite being a villager. I actually liked this one better than the lv 999 one. But dang those skip .. he just suddenly became strong after passing one test ... plus the update was kinda slow when I read it back then, so I put it on hold.

The villains identity is a bit too obvious though.

Probably will resume reading again when it's character count reach 1million or so. lol

^Yeah, the author does love ellipses.

Well, not really sure about harem but there's an addition of Elf Youjo I think? Kinda stopped around that chapter so I'm not sure what happened to her either though. lol
I totally agree with that it's like they just poofed the getting strong part. I would have liked it to be a bit more gradual like actually showing us what happened over the time skip. The villains themselves are kinda cliche but I still enjoy reading the progress. recent updates are pretty interesting i'm looking forward to what happens next.

Old 2017-06-29, 03:00   Link #9
Valky
Radioactive

I guess the skip was because the author didn't want the red hair to be absent for too long.

It getting published was also the reason the update was scarce I think.
Old 2017-06-29, 03:08   Link #10
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

yea the updates hit some snags early on but lately we've been getting a chapter every 1-2 days out of it so that's pretty nice. I also think the skip was just to make sure the hero didn't get forgotten. The early chapters where really thorough when showing what he was doing to increase his strength.

Though i think his interactions with Lilith are much better anyway.

Old 2017-06-29, 04:00   Link #11
The One Above God
Kamijou

It's okay so far from what I've seen in the manga.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 04:05   Link #12
sasuke706

That's probably because the start wasn't bad.
It's just directly after he leaves the village it becomes below average extremely quickly, and doesn't ever go back.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 04:53   Link #13
travelingbum

ya its just a time skip and in that time skip is super power leveling
so he becomes tue strong (though not the tueee invincible)

and now we are like at what time now?
Spoiler for possible rage?:
all the char even the mob chars with how open they are with their fetishes

Last edited by travelingbum; 2017-06-30 at 00:10.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 06:27   Link #14
bludvein

I remember reading this a long time ago, and I have to echo the sentiment that the time-skip kind of ruined what could have been an interesting story. He went from pretty much nothing to TUE behind the scenes, so there's no sense of appreciation for his hard work or his relationship with Lilith. It just becomes an endless playing pig eat tiger and ego stroking from then on. The joke and reactions of "how can a villager be this strong?!?" can only be played so many times.

It was just riding the lvl. 999 villager work at the time and had nothing really going for it. Can't believe it actually got a LN.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 07:12   Link #15
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Indeed. While it's understandable that the author didn't want to leave the "main heroine" out of the scene for too long, the time skip really did kill the story. We only ever get little bits and pieces of what happened during that time skip and have no clue what the full capacity of the MC is, which enables the author to just pull stuff out of nowhere for the MC to do which in turn makes everything seem cheap since we don't know how hard he worked to learn those abilities.
Old 2017-06-29, 08:39   Link #16
The One Above God
Kamijou

Maybe the LN will be different? It's been decent so far so it would be a shame if it the LN story also goes down that path.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 09:07   Link #17
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

The LN is most definitely different. Vol 2 of the LN is entirely newly written content.
Old 2017-06-29, 12:00   Link #18
WyrdMonger

@travelingbum: Is this actual ntr, or is she being raped against her will?

One thing I noticed is that even wish fulling WNs are not immune to the diseases that plague LNs.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 12:58   Link #19
Rasty

^ Well most of the authors wish to become professionals writers, which mean getting their WN published as LN, so they are mimicking the expected style.
You might also notice, that for example having fulfilled relationship makes a novel much less likely to get published, so they might be intentionally evading it.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 15:40   Link #20
travelingbum

^^well we don't know what happened during the tutorial.
this time the MC came before they could do anything.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tensei