AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-05, 11:47   Link #1
curlyconnor

Angry Waitresses!!!!

Those waitresses get so annoying. I get drawn near to tears in almost every scene, and then right afterwards, there they are!! I especially hate how they almost make fun of the character's predicaments at the end of every episode. It's like they meant to land themselves in Excel Saga, and got just a little bit sidetracked . Anyone else hate them?!
Old 2004-06-05, 12:28   Link #2
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyconnor
Those waitresses get so annoying. I get drawn near to tears in almost every scene, and then right afterwards, there they are!! I especially hate how they almost make fun of the character's predicaments at the end of every episode. It's like they meant to land themselves in Excel Saga, and got just a little bit sidetracked . Anyone else hate them?!

The only "next ep preview", if you can call them previews, really....that I really had a problem with was I believe episode 3. Using a hammer like that given the situation at the time....erg. It just seemed a bit tasteless...granted, it's just an anime, yada yada...but still.

But in general, I think they were there to lighten things up...kind of a way of saying "here, cheer up...don't kill yourself yet, we need you to watch next week!". Or something.

For some reason, I really laughed at the one for episode.....7? When they keep watching the episode on TV and keep rewinding to rewatch that one part. (no spoilers hopefully)
Old 2004-06-05, 12:49   Link #3
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoFatora
For some reason, I really laughed at the one for episode.....7? When they keep watching the episode on TV and keep rewinding to rewatch that one part. (no spoilers hopefully)
I don't think that was episode 7, because I just finished it and I thought it was the "Lifeline" parody, which I also thought was a bit tastless considering that it had the main characters calling in to talk about the very same troubles you were sobbing with them about during the episode. BTW, when it comes to those jokers, you can tell me what they do in every episode for all I care, and it isn't a spoiler. I admit I laughed, but when you do laugh at them, it almost makes you feel guilty that you're laughing during such a show. I just think they're a little out of place, and that doing parodies between episodes of a show like this was not the smartest way to keep the morale up. It's like if during Saving Private Ryan, they made Hitler jokes at the end.
Old 2004-06-05, 21:20   Link #4
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
It may have been episode 8...I know it was around there though.

Spoiler for lifeline parody thing:
Old 2004-06-05, 22:52   Link #5
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoFatora
It may have been episode 8...I know it was around there though.

Spoiler for lifeline parody thing:
I don't know why everyone hates one character. Always just one. I like them all a bit, but because they're so 3-D, they all have mostly good qualities with a few bad, annoying ones. In terms of the love triangle, I'm sort of rooting for Haruko because I feel so sorry for her. Although I don't want to totally leave Mitsuki, because she's a very good character (except her hair looks like it belongs in a hentai when it's all long). And I know a lot of people don't like Takayuki, and I don't see any of his actions as inexcusable considering his horrible situation. Part of the reason I feel this show is so sad is that the characters are so likeable, that it hurts you to see them physically or emotionally hurt throughout the series. There is one thing none of them have thought of, which would be the natural answer to all of their problems:

Spoiler for how they should've solved their problems:
Old 2004-06-08, 04:58   Link #6
HelloMuggle

hehe =) yea..i dont really like the waitresses either..im not sure if anyone really does?? i think the best way to put it though, is ... they're sort of there as part of takayuki's worth to show that it's his 'escape from reality' kinda.. like, when he's working he does a good job and he leaves all of his troubles behind ... ?? something like that..
Old 2004-06-08, 05:19   Link #7
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

I like Haruka, (kindest person ever)

I like Mitsuki, (concerned about best friend, helped him when it's needed)

I'm fine with Yakayuki, (Unlucky guys who finally knew who he loved, then that accident happend , he was supported for more than 3 years by Mitsuki, it's not strange he loves Mitsuki more than Haruka (after these 3 years))

I like Akane, (funny energetic girl, kept herself strong after accident, good reason why she was mad, she loved her Oni-chan very much)

I like the waitresses (funny girls, cheer you a little up during this sad sad serie)

I like all characters, and i those "previews" are (i think) just to cheer some things up. I think they were all funny (except for the hammer one, it was funny at the end, but kinda harsh in the beginning)
Old 2004-06-08, 07:50   Link #8
Mentar
Banned

I loved the preview cameos ... yes, they sometimes had a real DRASTIC contrast to the dark-serious episodes. Which helped me putting it into perspective, because it was telling me straight into my face "this is an anime after all, take it easy, man".

Besides, some of the cameos were unbelievably hilarious (the witches, phone-helpline ... the "chuu" ... how could you hate that??)

^_^
Old 2004-09-13, 16:13   Link #9
PrinceVern

I'm glad for the waitresses...the show was almost in desperate need of SOME comic relief.

Yeah, those little previews cheered me up after what was in some episodes a really bad headtrip x_x; The best one, IMO, was probably the 'Haruka Hair Choke' one (ep. 13), but the Hammer one was kind of sad ;-; but yeah, its only really at the beginning...
Old 2004-09-13, 23:10   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I love the waitresses, Daikuujin ROCKS! (I love Akane and Daikuujin most in KGNE the game ) Mayu... ummm... at least she looks cute... I hope she can have a brain some time in the anime...
Closed Thread