AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 11:52   Link #35181
Lycodrake

First post on here...I blame Nanya for drawing me into a forum that used to overwhelm me. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Something about the mercenary life of the Huckebein family?
Personally, I haven't tried reading anything past StrikerS because of one reason, which Nanya probably hears from me all the time: Yuuno being Put on a Bus, or at least being demoted to near-nonexistent.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:54   Link #35182
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
First post on here...I blame Nanya for drawing me into a forum that used to overwhelm me. XP

Personally, I haven't tried reading anything past StrikerS because of one reason, which Nanya probably hears from me all the time: Yuuno being Put on a Bus, or at least being demoted to near-nonexistent.
Hey, Lycodrake!

Now if you want to get ahead of FF.Net, just click on my sig to take you to the most recent BTF post and then find where I left off from there. ^_^

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 11:56   Link #35183
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
aers mentioned something about a possible Yuuno appearance in Force but we don't have any official confirmation yet. Yuuno already appeared in ViVid...

Spoiler for x3:

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 11:57   Link #35184
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Now if you want to get ahead of FF.Net, just click on my sig to take you to the most recent BTF post and then find where I left off from there. ^_^
Yeah, I noticed that there was a lot to catch up on once I got on here...read all the way from Advice to the most recent Coda, too.
And I noticed you couldn't resist putting in a scene with Nanoha, Fate, and Yuuno mostly sloshed and in bed together. XD

Quote:
aers mentioned something about a possible Yuuno appearance in Force but we don't have any official confirmation yet. Yuuno already appeared in ViVid...

Spoiler for x3:
Possible doesn't mean it will actually happen, and the Sound Stages and the manga Omake have Yuuno as the butt of many jokes when, or if, he shows up...
Old 2011-12-07, 13:50   Link #35185
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I've got a nice story involving Frost Giants, Jodinmir, a war 2 millenia old, and a boy who finds himself in its epicenter all planned out inside my head. Just needs to be written. Which is the hard part.

Of course, when people say giants in Nanoha, they really mean large, post-human, humanoid biomechanical constructs masquerading as giants.
Old 2011-12-07, 13:53   Link #35186
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I've got a nice story involving Frost Giants, Jodinmir, a war 2 millenia old, and a boy who finds himself in its epicenter all planned out inside my head. Just needs to be written. Which is the hard part.

Of course, when people say giants in Nanoha, they really mean large, post-human, humanoid biomechanical constructs masquerading as giants.
Sounds interesting, though I'm wondering what you mean by "Jodinmir", where such a story would go, and how this connects to the usual Nanoha-verse...
Old 2011-12-07, 13:58   Link #35187
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Sounds interesting, though I'm wondering what you mean by "Jodinmir", where such a story would go, and how this connects to the usual Nanoha-verse...
I guess you won't include Thor or Loki into the mix, because those two are too insanely broken to be in a story with Nanoha characters. Unless they end up fighting each other at the climax with the Nanoha characters taking care of the Mini-boss squad and the mooks xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-07, 14:04   Link #35188
Lycodrake

Quote:
I guess you won't include Thor or Loki into the mix, because those two are too insanely broken to be in a story with Nanoha characters. Unless they end up fighting each other at the climax with the Nanoha characters taking care of the Mini-boss squad and the mooks xD
Actually, Thor isn't nearly as broken as some people think, or at how he is in the original myths. But I know what you mean, considering Marvel and other portrayals of him.
Loki...well, if you have lead or iron weapons, he's a lot easier an opponent than you'd think...
I'm just saying these things from what I know about Norse mythology (mythology being one of my favorite subjects *ever*)...
Old 2011-12-07, 14:19   Link #35189
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Actually, Thor isn't nearly as broken as some people think, or at how he is in the original myths. But I know what you mean, considering Marvel and other portrayals of him.
You're right, it's easy to assume he's insanely powerfull, by Marvel standards, Thor will be able to rip Deville of Huckebein apart with his bare fists if he fights at full strenght. And Mjolnir make's Graf Eisen to look like a squeaky toy hammer and the War Hammer to look like a toothpick ...a used toothpick.

Quote:
Loki...well, if you have lead or iron weapons, he's a lot easier an opponent than you'd think...
This could be funny if the "Iron" in Vita's "Knight of the IRON Hammer" title turns out to be literal xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-07, 14:21   Link #35190
Lycodrake

Quote:
This could be funny if the "Iron" in Vita's "Knight of the IRON Hammer" title turns out to be literal xD!
Well, even with that major weakness of his, Loki still has shapeshifting and destructive magic on his side. But I know what you mean. Vita defeating Loki sounds hilarious but good to me. XD
Old 2011-12-07, 14:21   Link #35191
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
And here comes the finale!

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings Search Valkyrie News

BTF Omakes:

Old Iron Omakes 1, 2, 3 Mr Snuggles Omake Oh Bandit Tree Old Iron Omakes 4, 5

Coda 1-10

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek Finale - Coda End:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 14:26   Link #35192
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
And here comes the finale!

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings Search Valkyrie News

BTF Omakes:

Old Iron Omakes 1, 2, 3 Mr Snuggles Omake Oh Bandit Tree Old Iron Omakes 4, 5

Coda 1-10

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek Finale - Coda End:
Seems like Genya and Quint have their work cut out for them. XD
And that Mr. Snuggles is the subject of experimentation...hm...
Along with Uno finding out about Levi, and Levi being up to something with The Brains.

And every time I hear or read about The Brains, I want to make corny jokes... XP
Old 2011-12-07, 14:50   Link #35193
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Hmm... Infinite Stratos had me distracted for so long, but a quest for designs led me back here...

I guess I can never really leave Nanoha.

I'm out of date nonetheless. Which era are most fics happening these days? Vivid? Force? Strikers? The A's PSP alternate timeline?
It's mainly StrikerS and beyond--BTF has just about reached StrikerS, and my own MercenarieS starts at StrikerS, and will continue well past it in the sequels. Hayate/Vivio stories are well after Force by necessity. Sword and Shield (or is it Shield and Sword?) is around ViVid, IIRC.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:08   Link #35194
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's mainly StrikerS and beyond--BTF has just about reached StrikerS, and my own MercenarieS starts at StrikerS, and will continue well past it in the sequels. Hayate/Vivio stories are well after Force by necessity. Sword and Shield (or is it Shield and Sword?) is around ViVid, IIRC.
Yup, but more specifically, the Hayate x Vivio Files take place after the Force time-frame, but so far I'm writing it without Force in continuity. Hayate's rank and position doesn't match up with what she had in Force, and since I haven't read all of Force I didn't want to get details wrong by including it.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:15   Link #35195
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Indeed. Swords and Shields would take place around the time of ViVid, even if I am almost entirely ignoring the continuity of it.

Leave of Absence is set between StrikerS and ViVid if I recall correctly, while I Stand Alone and Aftermath are set an indeterminate time after StrikerS.

Medieval Belka is an AU, so it doesn't fall into the timeline.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:19   Link #35196
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Indeed. Swords and Shields would take place around the time of ViVid, even if I am almost entirely ignoring the continuity of it.

Leave of Absence is set between StrikerS and ViVid if I recall correctly, while I Stand Alone and Aftermath are set an indeterminate time after StrikerS.

Medieval Belka is an AU, so it doesn't fall into the timeline.
Yeah, that's what I though; glad to know I'm not completely out of the loop on Nanoha-verse and those fanfics' timeline.
Of course, on Swords and Shields, I kind of want Yuuno to spar with Subaru, Ginga, or Nove...but that's just something I think would be an interesting spar... XP

Nanya knows that I want to see a few certain fights/spars in BTF...
Old 2011-12-07, 15:33   Link #35197
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
It's been a while, but here's a short story I scribbled while in the middle of dying of final exams/projects, and trying to write Chapter 6 of "Prerogative of the Brave" .

Takes place in the Hayate x Vivio Files, and is set for a few months after "Prerogative of the Brave." Hayate is 28 and Vivio is 15.

Spoiler for Hayate x Vivio Files Chronology:

Spoiler for It Must Be Love:
D'aaaw, Hayate. A little slow on the uptake there, but sweet all the same, and it's nice to see her finally admit it to herself.

(Yes, I am way slow. Shut up.)
Old 2011-12-07, 15:38   Link #35198
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Whoa. You're still alive, RB?
Old 2011-12-07, 15:41   Link #35199
Justin_Brett

My story, Section Thirteen, takes place a couple years after StrikerS.

Here's a link to it, since you'll never be able to find it otherwise. I'm basically the anti-Nanya when it comes to updating.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:41   Link #35200
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Whoa. You're still alive, RB?
Still alive and kicking, and with plans for updating Shadowverse sometime soon. Sad to say this place has lost a lot of appeal for me recently, but I'll still come on to update stuff.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha