AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 01:28   Link #1021
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
I'm not saying to alter Yui SS part, I'm saying that there's alot that can be omitted in the honeymoon period(i.e Local God fishing event). There's nothing really special about the honeymoon itself
What? Probably one of the most important scenes of the book is there, especially in light of the side stories being added in. The scene where Kirito shares the memory of Sachi and the Black Cats with Asuna. The first time he told what had happened to anyone. That was a really, really important scene.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 02:47   Link #1022
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
What? Probably one of the most important scenes of the book is there, especially in light of the side stories being added in. The scene where Kirito shares the memory of Sachi and the Black Cats with Asuna. The first time he told what had happened to anyone. That was a really, really important scene.
He told Asuna about his past regarding Sachi and Black Cats not when they were having honeymoon, it happens after Kirito's defeat in Heathcliff's hand and his first day in KoB.
Old 2012-08-23, 04:38   Link #1023
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*points to the smaller line of text in his original post*
Oh I kinda miss that sorry.
Old 2012-08-23, 09:13   Link #1024
lightbringer
M9000

Fishing event is still important as a motivator due to the follow-on talk with the old dude though. I don't expect them to cut it out completely, although it may see the axe in one way or another. I wrote 1.5-2 because I expect Yui's story to take a full episode (it's not Aria-level long but it's not really short either) and the rest of the honeymoon to take at least half an episode.

Whatever happens, at least it will be interesting to see how they adapt it.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 09:37   Link #1025
Xacual

Quote:
He told Asuna about his past regarding Sachi and Black Cats not when they were having honeymoon, it happens after Kirito's defeat in Heathcliff's hand and his first day in KoB.
Yep my bad, I mixed it up with the conversation with the old fisherman guy. I just don't think they'll cut out the fishing for god scene and stuff since that's a decent chunk of a chapter.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 09:47   Link #1026
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

The fishing itself could get a cut in a sense though, because the really important part is the conversation between the old man and Kirito itself rather than the fishing. Also yeah, it could be 1,5 episode for both honeymoon and Yui SS with Yui SS occupying the first 3/4 of the episode and the rest for the honeymoon(fishing included but might not for the Local God event since they can adapt it to a single fishing event instead)...But oh well, we'll see when the time comes

Also update on Vol.10 LN. Seems like Kirito got his butt kidnapped thus being indirectly a guinea pig for Kikuoka

Last edited by NoirX; 2012-08-23 at 17:14.
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 20:56   Link #1027
larethian

Quote:
The fishing itself could get a cut in a sense though, because the really important part is the conversation between the old man and Kirito itself rather than the fishing. Also yeah, it could be 1,5 episode for both honeymoon and Yui SS with Yui SS occupying the first 3/4 of the episode and the rest for the honeymoon(fishing included but might not for the Local God event since they can adapt it to a single fishing event instead)...But oh well, we'll see when the time comes

Also update on Vol.10 LN. Seems like Kirito got his butt kidnapped thus being indirectly a guinea pig for Kikuoka
This thread is actually for speculating on how the anime adaptation will be, not speculating what will happen in future in the novel.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:27   Link #1028
Utsuro no Hako

Well episode 8 contains a major change from the novels -- there's a Laughing Coffin watching the duel between Kirito and Kuradeel. Which means (A) there's been no crusade, and (B) the anime writers still plan to deal with them. The only explanation I can think of is that when Kuradeel betrays the Blood Knights, he'll show up with a whole party of Laughing Coffins which Kirito and Asuna will have to wipe out.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:28   Link #1029
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Well episode 8 contains a major change from the novels -- there's a Laughing Coffin watching the duel between Kirito and Kuradeel. Which means (A) there's been no crusade, and (B) the anime writers still plan to deal with them. The only explanation I can think of is that when Kuradeel betrays the Blood Knights, he'll show up with a whole party of Laughing Coffins which Kirito and Asuna will have to wipe out.
Or that member tries to use Kuradeel for the murder part thing? teaches the para poison drink and so on, will see.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:58   Link #1030
Clarste
Human

Pretty sure that's PoH in the crowd. He's got the same face as he did in episode 6. How did he lose his orange marker though?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 14:03   Link #1031
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Pretty sure that's PoH in the crowd. He's got the same face as he did in episode 6. How did he lose his orange marker though?
i think the status turn back to green if you wait long enough, that or animation mistake.
Old 2012-08-25, 14:10   Link #1032
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think the status turn back to green if you wait long enough, that or animation mistake.
Yeah, it should turn back, but it should take a pretty long time. Especially for the guy who practically invented murder in SAO.
Old 2012-08-25, 14:14   Link #1033
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Yeah, it should turn back, but it should take a pretty long time. Especially for the guy who practically invented murder in SAO.
Thought he was in a "red guild" so wouldn't he be past orange and into red already? or does guild not matter and he makes others do dirty work?
Old 2012-08-25, 14:16   Link #1034
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
Thought he was in a "red guild" so wouldn't he be past orange and into red already? or does guild not matter and he makes others do dirty work?
"Red guild" is simple the player nickname for murderers. There is no game mechanic for it. There's only green and orange, and orange doesn't care whether it's just an attack or a kill.

PoH doesn't strike me as a hands off kinda guy though.
Old 2012-08-25, 14:16   Link #1035
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
mistake assumption on readers part. There is only Orange and Green. There is no actual Red Status, the players just use Red to differential Murders form your avg thief (Orange).
Old 2012-08-25, 19:28   Link #1036
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

I think they just had him put there to give the anime viewers a connection to kuradeel, regarding his icon, just pure speculation, but if it works like any mmo's I played, you have something like a counter that turns orange at a certain level, like say stealing gives you ten points, killing gives you a hundred points, you regenerate one of those points back for every hour you play and every thousand XP you gain, basically means you can grind it off, which is what I think he did (for a long long while), after the crusade, also keep in mind, that some people actually might fight back, and successfull PK/PvP guilds usually do asmuch of PvE as normal PvE guilds do, for gear and XP, so they might have grinded some off during their active times aswell.

PoH in particular doesn't really strike me as someone who would be stupid enough to keep doing the killing part after the crusdae, and would rather have his henchman Johnny and XaXa do the dirty work, while he is trying to scout victims, or potential third parties who would carry out their revenge / murder lust

Also on a side note, I find it hillarious that the PK guildmembers are some of the few that have those typical GAMER names, as opposed to RP names like the rest of the cast.
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:47   Link #1037
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
PoH in particular doesn't really strike me as someone who would be stupid enough to keep doing the killing part after the crusdae, and would rather have his henchman Johnny and XaXa do the dirty work, while he is trying to scout victims, or potential third parties who would carry out their revenge / murder lust

Also on a side note, I find it hillarious that the PK guildmembers are some of the few that have those typical GAMER names, as opposed to RP names like the rest of the cast.
Pretty sure Johnny and XaXa are in prison after the crusade, where they remain until the game is cleared.
Old 2012-08-25, 20:27   Link #1038
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
mistake assumption on readers part. There is only Orange and Green. There is no actual Red Status, the players just use Red to differential Murders form your avg thief (Orange).
Ahh, sorry didn't quit get that everything makes more sense now
Old 2012-08-25, 21:05   Link #1039
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

Quote:
Pretty sure Johnny and XaXa are in prison after the crusade, where they remain until the game is cleared.
Thanks for reminding me I really forgot about that part, I read the GGO arc a long while ago.

But my point is still at this point PoH would rather use henchmen or people he could lure to the dark side to do things, so his appearence during the duel actually makes a little sense to me, and I actualyl liked that change, and I am curious as they are going to conclude that, some short flashbacks, of PoH teaching Kuradeel how to mix the stun poison and the Crusade, showing Kirito kill two PK's for example, and the others getting locked up, especially like you reminded me, XaXa and Johnny, would be good.

(Honestly I am not sure why there has been no side story for that part yet.)
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:47   Link #1040
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post

But my point is still at this point PoH would rather use henchmen or people he could lure to the dark side to do things, so his appearence during the duel actually makes a little sense to me, and I actualyl liked that change, and I am curious as they are going to conclude that, some short flashbacks, of PoH teaching Kuradeel how to mix the stun poison and the Crusade, showing Kirito kill two PK's for example, and the others getting locked up, especially like you reminded me, XaXa and Johnny, would be good.

(Honestly I am not sure why there has been no side story for that part yet.)
Maybe so, however he is not above doing the work himself. Dont forget he was the first to kill in SAO . He did not get someone do it for him he commited the act.
Yeah is does, but PoH is smart killer in the LN he would not be so stupid as to come out of hiding.
When the duel took place , the Crusade had already happend.
Its not unlikely.
Well we some info in the GGO arc.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-08-26 at 06:12.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote