AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 17:18   Link #381
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

The reason I did not vote for KH is because first, I read the manga, and having read far into it, I do not think that this anime captures the budding romance between Nanami and Tomoe as good as the manga. It is inevitable;each time I watched an episode, I can't help but to compare.While I must give credit to the anime for managing to squeeze in the gist of their relationship into a 1 cour anime, it is still not enough for me. Because I had expected that there would be an original anime ending, it kinda killed the fun of watching their romance develop, because I know things will be rushed. However, even if I don't read the manga, I still would not vote KH for the best romance. It's a bit too light and fluffy for my taste.

Second, my preference of romance animes is different from the rest. I like romance animes with strong drama or mystery element in it (Sukitte Ii na yo and Hyouka). The romance in KH is often undercut by comedy (though there is more drama in later chapters), and while I do like romance plus a little comedy, I still prefer the aforementioned types of romance animes.

Tomoe is certainly an interesting character who tends to hide his caring nature by adopting a deceptive nonchalant and devil-may-care attitude. Plus, he's pretty brainy. Quite good-looking. Immensely powerful. You know, the sort of criteria that easily win over an impressionable lady like me, lol. Had the anime been longer, allowing more character growth as well as proper revelation of his past, I would have voted him for the first place. I did vote him for the second place though.

Never been much of a Nanami fan.

Oh yeah, I voted for Kurama!

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2013-01-16 at 17:42.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 17:33   Link #382
kuromitsu

I didn't even know there was an award...

In any case, while Nanami is adorable, I was never invested in the Nanami & Tomoe romance. I think the anime did a good job on it, but this is not the sort of romance that grabs me.

As for characters, I wasn't too crazy about Tomoe (he's nice and all but I would've been bored with him if it wasn't for Nanami). Nanami, though... hmm. You know what, I might just have voted for her, she was adorable.

However, now I'm sorry I missed the chance to nominate Kurama for Side Character of the Year. (OK, I may have nominated Mykage from Aquarion Evol or George Ace from Tsuritama instead... but ah, Kurama! XD)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 20:53   Link #383
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I nominated Kamisame for best romance, though I didn't give it top spot.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:12   Link #384
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
George Ace from Tsuritama
I just re-watched Tsuritama with my daughter last week and had no idea who you talking about until I did a search. Oh, that's George Ace.

I'll also admit I was entirely oblivious to the obvious shipping potential between George and Akira as well! Still I don't think Tapioca would have approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I like romance animes with strong drama or mystery element in it (Sukitte Ii na yo and Hyouka).
I like those, too. I haven't watched Hyouka; maybe I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Never been much of a Nanami fan.

Oh yeah, I voted for Kurama!
I bet you have those hearts in your eyes like the rest of the girls (and some of the boys), too!

I liked Kurama, but he was just too much of a stock character for me. Tomoe had much more depth even though he too is a stock character. That's why I gave him one of my nominations.

I admired Nanami's spunk, a characteristic not often found in anime heroines. Nanami reminds me a bit of Kou Shurrei in Saiunkoku Monogatari, another favorite of mine. And the illustrators did give Nanami one of the most appealing smiles I've ever seen on an anime girl.

I rarely read manga, so I don't suffer from the problem of making comparisons between the two media. Does KH extend past the end of the anime? My daughter asked if there was any more to the story in the manga (I believe there is, yes?), so we both might give it a try.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:16   Link #385
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Kamisama Hajimemashita sadly did not garner much support in this year's round of Choice Award nominations. I thought both Nanami and Tomoe deserved a nomination for best main female/male character, and I also nominated the show for best romance. In all these cases I was either the only or one of a few nominators. Did no one else who watched this show share my opinions?
I also didn't know about the awards.

However as a romance, it lacks impact. Kimi ni Todoke had more impact than this one. Tomoe was too aloof imo and Nanami just wasn't hitting alot of shojo angst. Since it was a comedy, it prob couldn't go the shojo romance/drama that I'm used to.

They were better male and female characters out there. Chitanda and Oreki would have gotten a nomination out of me before Nanami and Tomoe.

Hiira no Kakera gave us a long kiss, had male MC being protective etc. Way more romantic than this title.
Old 2013-01-16, 22:26   Link #386
LKK

Quote:
Does KH extend past the end of the anime? My daughter asked if there was any more to the story in the manga (I believe there is, yes?), so we both might give it a try.
Yes, the manga goes beyond the anime. Assuming that you're from the US or Canada, you can find the manga published by Viz under the title "Kamisama Kiss". Volume 13 will be released in February. Other sources for the manga usually go by the same name as the anime. There are 14 volumes in Japan at the moment.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 01:00   Link #387
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:

I rarely read manga, so I don't suffer from the problem of making comparisons between the two media. Does KH extend past the end of the anime? My daughter asked if there was any more to the story in the manga (I believe there is, yes?), so we both might give it a try.
Oh yes, as LKK said, the manga goes beyond the anime, and is certainly more well-developed in terms of romance, plot and character development. You may want to wait a little before reading, cause the manga is at its climax now and you may want to spare yourself from waiting, but since there are over 90+ chapters, you have plenty of reading to do so yeah, do read it!

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:42   Link #388
LKK

For Valentine's Day, Funi is offering a download of 4 Kamisama Kiss Valentine's Day cards. Card 4 is an advertisement for a DVD & Blu-ray release that's "Coming Soon". I believe this is the first formal announcement from Funi that there will be a home video release for the series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 18:07   Link #389
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Singing the OP song live at KITAKYUSHU×A3 2013

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 09:07   Link #390
Bern-san

Volume 16 of the manga will include 2 OVAs!! It is going to be released on August 20th.
The titles for them are "Kamisama, Suterareru" and "Kamisama, Onsen ni Iku."

Quote:
One of the included anime will be based on the story from the manga's 15th volume, while the other will contain an all-new original story. The disc will also feature a bath scene with Tomoe and "that character."
As a fangirl of that character I am surely going to enjoy it
source
Old 2013-05-07, 12:15   Link #391
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This was IMO the best shoujo show of the Fall 2012 season, so more is always welcome. Second season would be even better, but this is good enough for now.
Old 2013-05-13, 06:42   Link #392
Bern-san

Can someone tell me where is this scan from? It's a manga-only character from the latest arc (although he is the one who is going to appear in the OVA I suppose because if not I don't understand this scan)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-16, 09:40   Link #393
Bern-san

Has anyone played the Kamisama game? It's an otome for mobile phones.

The characters from Kurama arc are on it!!! Suirou's coloring is unexpected and Jirou looks great.
Kirihito, who appeared at the end of the OVA, is also in the game

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural