Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-04-28, 23:23   Link #21
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]For me? Some HD stuff works, some doesn't. All you can do is try the various codecs/players on offer and hope your comp is good enough.

720P Darker than Black works PERFECTLY on my 5-6 year old comp, as does 720P Romeo x Juliet. The odd thing? upscaled .hack//ROOTs didn't play very well when I watched it months ago, resulting in me downloading the Xvid versions.
It's not really surprising to me. It sounds like you're right at the CPU cutoff borderline, and there's one fundamental difference between Darker than Black/Romeo x Juliet and Hayate no Gotoku: DtB and RxJ are both 23.976 frames per second, while HnG is 29.97 frames per second. That's a 25% difference in CPU requirements which is pushing your playback over the edge.
Old 2007-04-29, 04:11   Link #22
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's not really surprising to me. It sounds like you're right at the CPU cutoff borderline, and there's one fundamental difference between Darker than Black/Romeo x Juliet and Hayate no Gotoku: DtB and RxJ are both 23.976 frames per second, while HnG is 29.97 frames per second. That's a 25% difference in CPU requirements which is pushing your playback over the edge.
Well, I decided to test Hayate no Gotoku after reading your post out of curiosity - Just downloaded and tried the SS-Eclipse release of episode 1, no lag on the parts I tested.

Maybe the HD codecs have simply improved a great deal since I watched .hack//Roots? I tested one of 720P episodes the other day and discovered it played without lag during the OP this time around.
Old 2007-04-29, 04:21   Link #23
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
Hit "d" while playback on mplayer, and it will switch to hard frame dropping mode, oh, and there is a port of mplayer to windows, which is fast, standalone, and I have yet to have decode issues with it. It DOESN'T support CCCP, but then, well as powerful as it is you really don't need CCCP. But it does have issues (like with MPC) of crashing on some .h264
I'd like to see one of those crashing files, especially as mplayer and ffd use the same decoder.
Old 2007-05-01, 17:00   Link #24
myopius

firestarter, you're the man, that really helps a lot. I read the CoreAVC suggestion earlier in the topic but I didn't want to download something new if there was any other way (and when I finally decided to give it a go, I found the site's downloads were down, and they haven't come back up yet...).