problemedchild
ô_ô

Dating sim part > dungeon crawling IMO

I really should stop crawling so much, it sorta burnt me out on the game =/
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 05:44   Link #62
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Dang, only just found out about the extended FES version... I'm 25 hours into the English version. Maybe I should restart with FES.

And no, I didn't research about it beforehand. Just dived into the English version after my brother got Swap Magic installed.

Considering buying the FES JP version instead of the US special edition but the downside is missing out on the bonuses. The commercial artbooks and OST have more content anyway though... Might go for the drama CDs too because I like the game so much but will have to try them out first too

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Dating sim part > dungeon crawling IMO

I really should stop crawling so much, it sorta burnt me out on the game =/
Maybe you should go for one of those real dating sims but then again, this is one of the few that don't go all the way and is accessible in English.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 07:48   Link #63
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

<Dies from moe overload from the Chigusa pic>

I knew I should've went Justice... And who would've thought I would consider a robot to be moe? That's saying something, considering I could care less about the robot character in almost all other stories (Xenosaga/gears, Ever17, anime, etc.). Oh well, there's always another playthrough.

As for the voice acting, yes, I do agree that Fuuka's voice is mediocre. However, the rest of the cast is stellar IMO. And at least, English Aigis > Japanese Aegis, since Sakamoto Maaya's Aegis is MUCH too deadpan for my tastes.

@problemedchild
There's a lot of dungeon crawling in this game? Really? I spent only what, 2 nights a month at the most doing requests in Tartarus. Maybe spent 1/3 of my playing time at the most (I actually think its closer to 1/4) doing battles. Most of my time was spent getting S.Links and persona making, which is a time killer when you want to get certain select skills inherited.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 10:12   Link #64
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The best time to do dungeon crawling is the night before full moon, your people would never get tired so you can easily burn through the lvls till you hit the barrier.

Personally i dont think there's that many dungeon crawl, unless you are the type who cant leave a lvl until you fully explore every nook n cranny of it.
Old 2007-09-09, 22:59   Link #65
uswin

i never thought about that, hmm i will try it next time i crawl the dungeon.
uswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 01:07   Link #66
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually liked getting tired, at least in the early game, because I can get courage for free if the next day is a school day (which I make sure it is). Not like it matters in the long run, since I've long since run out of things to do in the evening... although at that point, getting tired is no biggie anymore. And if anything, I like the tired aspect because it tells you to split up dungeon crawling into sizeable chunks.

Although come to think of it, not getting tired the day before full moon is sending the message that procrastination is good lol.

And come to think of it, if this was real life, these kids gets paid big money. I have currently 7mil yen, and I'm surre I spent at least 3mil on stuff. So they made 10 mil in 10 months, or 1mil yen (~$10,000US) per month? Man I wish I can make that kind of money at 17 lol

Hehehe, just beat reaper at level 79. I had to reload a few times, because first time I didn't have mediarahan (so I made Michael with Spell Master after), second time I used magic mirror (not so smart, since I got megidoloaned to death lol), and third after realizing halfway through the battle I forgot to get back Vishnu (who had a heart + growth 3) after fusing him to make Satan. Finally got a use for Metatron, since I really thought his megidioloan was overcosted for the damage it deals even with mind charge+spell master.

If there's some things I don't like about the game, its the misnomer of some of the skills. Deathbound isn't a dark attack? Heat wave isn't a fire attack? And the lack of skill descriptions in the persona screen as well. When I got heavy master through dumb luck, I thought, wow, double damage with axe. Then I see spell master in Cybele's list, and I thought, wow, double damage for spells? Awesome! NOT! lol

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 05:27   Link #67
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
The best time to do dungeon crawling is the night before full moon, your people would never get tired so you can easily burn through the lvls till you hit the barrier.

Personally i dont think there's that many dungeon crawl, unless you are the type who cant leave a lvl until you fully explore every nook n cranny of it.
Night before a full moon huh... Nice exploit

I explore every level just to get good items and cash. For side quests too of course. And going every few in-game days or so for me increases the immersion of the game instead of trying to figure out how the game is actually works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If there's some things I don't like about the game, its the misnomer of some of the skills. Deathbound isn't a dark attack? Heat wave isn't a fire attack? And the lack of skill descriptions in the persona screen as well. When I got heavy master through dumb luck, I thought, wow, double damage with axe. Then I see spell master in Cybele's list, and I thought, wow, double damage for spells? Awesome! NOT! lol
Yeah, that's one thing I don't like either. The names such as "Agi" don't exactly let you know it's a fire skill. They should let you browse what each of the skills are when you're fusing Personas.
Old 2007-09-10, 08:29   Link #68
digi.amuro

I think it would be pretty nice if they allowed you to check what the attacks do instead of having to check Skills everytime I get a new move. I'm used to it by now though...

Just beat the game on Saturday and started playing through my second cycle. Man, this game is so full of win.

I knew about the whole night before the fullmoon thing, but I never got around to using it in the first playthru. Maybe I'll do it this time (this from the guy who discovered the recuperative abilities of the restroom later on in the game---what I thought they were there for decoration and realism.)

Wish they would release FES here, but I'm not sure how far well the struggle goes on Atlus's forums. People have been posting like crazy on the boards, but I guess only time and money will tell.
digi.amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 10:48   Link #69
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
My friend plays the game currently. Soon I'll be playing the game, once I fixed my schedule.

One of the reasons why I'm gonna be playing P3 soon: YUKARI!
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 21:50   Link #70
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

In FES, even before Full moon you still get tired <_<. The next day, they still participate, even though they tired or sick.

I'm maybe bias, but I like the Japanese voices more than the dubbing, every of them. The dubbing just sound....not right.

Man, I hate those quest that requires you to kill a certain monster, like a Golden Hand. I always saw them when running through the Tartarus, and after I accept the quest, I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 00:56   Link #71
Siegel Clyne

Persona 3 Favorite Character Poll in Japan

PERSONA 3 CHARACTER RANKING POLL IN JAPAN
(As of the date and time of this post)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 11:40pm Japan Time - Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:44pm Japan Time

36,905 Total Votes Cast

01. Kirijou Mitsuru [Seiyuu: Tanaka Rie] - 11,072 votes (30.0%)
02. Takeba Yukari [Seiyuu: Toyoguchi Megumi] - 6,322 votes (17.1%)
03. Fushimi Chihiro, Justice S. Link [Seiyuu: ?] - 3,452 votes (9.4%)
04. Shujinkou / Main Character [Seiyuu: Ishida Akira] - 3,017 votes (8.2%)
05. Yamagishi Fuuka [Seiyuu: Noto Mamiko] - 1,944 votes (5.3%)
06. Iori Junpei [Seiyuu: Toriumi Kousuke] - 1,612 votes (4.4%)
07. AEGIS / Aigis [Seiyuu: Sakamoto Maaya] - 1,475 votes (4.0%)
08. Sanada Akihiko [Seiyuu: Midorikawa Hikaru] - 1,446 votes (3.9%)
09. Elizabeth [Seiyuu: Sawashiro Miyuki] - 930 votes (2.5%)
10. Aragaki Shinjirou [Seiyuu: Nakai Kazuya] - 892 votes (2.4%)

Once again, Tanaka Rie demonstrates her knack for playing really popular characters who win popularity polls, generate merchandise sales, attract clients / customers for sponsors, and so on.

I might pick up one or more of the Persona 3 drama CDs from Japan.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-09-13 at 05:44. Reason: Fixed silly error in starting date and time of poll and, while at it, updated poll results.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 01:02   Link #72
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I presume this is from Persona 3 Drama CD. Yeah, "main character's" voice, in the game (( those occasional grunts and all you see in cutscenes )) and drama CDs is Akira Ishida.

He's totally Athrun Zala.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 11:43   Link #73
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

Video was cool and funny.
People calling to set up dates was a great part of the game.
It was funny when I cancelled a Sunday date with kaz(kendo guy) to go out with chigusa; he phones me back and about how badly i treat his friendship and the s. link becomes broken. now i have to suck up to that guy to get the s. link back again.
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 20:56   Link #74
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

BTW, could anyone who owns the US version list the 18 tracks that were included or, direct me to a site that does? Can't seem to find a site that lists them and I want to compare it to the commercial JP OST.

An artbook comparison would also be welcome ^^;
Old 2007-09-15, 08:44   Link #75
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
In FES, even before Full moon you still get tired <_<. The next day, they still participate, even though they tired or sick.

I'm maybe bias, but I like the Japanese voices more than the dubbing, every of them. The dubbing just sound....not right.

Man, I hate those quest that requires you to kill a certain monster, like a Golden Hand. I always saw them when running through the Tartarus, and after I accept the quest, I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Yeah but they ll stick around even if they are tired instead of going back to their dorm everytime you port back to the lobby. But yeah, it does suck to have your people with tired/sick status.

Anime with dubbing just sound weird after watching subbed anime.

As for the rare monster i hate that part as well, which is why i always wait till the nite b4 full moon to do it. That way i can hang around a lvl for em to spawn until the reaper comes for me. Rare monsters only spawn at a certain lvl range
Old 2007-09-18, 15:00   Link #76
Archmagination2002

MAN!! This game totally has me hooked!! I haven't been this hooked on a game in 10 years.(This is coming from a person who has played almost every major rpg since Final Fantasy 3(6) I absolutely love it. I am around 40 hours into my current game already and have had 3 complete restarts. I think have put in around 70 hours or so if you count the restarts.

Its insane how much I am addicted to this game!! I started playing it since September 12th and have been averaging 4-12 hours a day real time(I got a lot of time on my hands right now, no school and only part time work) For instance the 1st day I started playing I went from 9:30am Wednesday to 5am Thursday!! NONSTOP with only a short 30 minute bathroom & food break in between.

Anyway I am maxed out on Academics, Courage, Charm and have managed to be on top of every exam. I have maxed out my Hermit, Hanged Man, Tower links and I will have maxed out the Justice one the next time I meet her and this is before I have even reached August(I just got the dog on the team if that helps)
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 17:52   Link #77
asch
Aruuru-So cute!!!xD

Send a message via MSN to asch
Have you found any manga download links?
asch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 03:23   Link #78
Oppius
Banned

Spoiler for Stregth subquest:
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 07:36   Link #79
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm pretty sure Yukari will not.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 07:56   Link #80