AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-07, 17:34   Link #3261
Homura7

You know what happened when Blade fought the PGS the first time. He got utterly defeated and what's more, easily. Seto's fragment helped a lot to cushion Mio's fall, otherwise the result would have ended been the same, and because he received a lot before, Blade finally managed to learn Setsuna's fragment. After that there was no fight, just Setsuna proving why she's the eldest of the three.

And during his fight against Aruka, if it wasn't for Saten who deliberately let him copy his fragment, Blade would have died there.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-02-07 at 17:48.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 17:57   Link #3262
shadowii

^ (avvesione)
you mean besides the launching mio and kuchinashi into oribit and the superfast slug brawl between setsuna and blade (where blade took back cruz's pendent and made setsuna take responisblity for their troubles up to that point)

there are some people here who like to diminish blades role (because of focus on cruz), and frankly its gets annoying (the saten help wouldnt have worked if blade hadnt put the information he got from cruz and aruka together)
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:03   Link #3263
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
there are some people here who like to dimisnh blades role (because of focus on cruz), and frankly its gets annoying (the saten help wouldnt have worked if blade hadnt put the information he got from cruz and aruka to)
This too, and I'm not diminishing Blade's role, though it's true both Cruz and Saten had a lot to do in his victory against Aruka.

That's why the next development I would want to see is a rematch between Blade and Aruka, to see what he can do with no Fourth Wave to aid him. That said, we all know what's gonna happen this time if this happens.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:20   Link #3264
Avvesione

I'm not trying to make it seem like Blade didn't do anything. What I'm saying is he used Seto's fragment on Mio's last offensive attack (the Hip Smash with the Bunny Doll) and evaded Kuchinashi's Lilith Temptation. He then knocked them out. Then, he attacked Setsuna with her fragment (DDBB). What I'm saying is that he used fragments he didn't have at the beginning of the fight to beat 2 of the 3 members of PGS which explains how he was dominated at first and then was able to win in the end. I don't understand how that's trying to make light of Blade's accomplishments since I'm proving he overcame the adversity and won the fight.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:23   Link #3265
shadowii

in conclusion Blade was the one who overcame in the end (with everyone's help due to the nature of his fragment) with everyone who got defeated except Kurumi, so Solva and Seto needed some spotlight to highlight how strong they are.

So even though Blade had Hatfield pretty crushed in the end it was seto and solva who finished him off in an awesome fashion as well as the rest of Hatfield's cyborg army.

Last edited by shadowii; 2010-02-07 at 23:44.
Old 2010-02-08, 15:29   Link #3266
Avvesione

I wonder what's going to happen to the church. Gido had a lot of equipment there for healing Blade from the first volume and they analyzed the datachip there, so I wonder if they'll go back there sometime soon to take care of Blade and Mio. Then again, Cruz and Mio did check out the place to see if anyone was there and there was not, but I wonder if anyone has gone back there since. Hopefully a friend and not someone from Simeon...
Old 2010-02-08, 16:43   Link #3267
Sekirei07

Kinda off topic but is their any way to know when sentences break up during the translating process? Like the space between words. I don't see how that is done.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:39   Link #3268
Avvesione

Are you asking about the Japanese version?
Old 2010-02-08, 22:11   Link #3269
Sekirei07

yea like how do you know when to put spaces between words? I mean a lot of it is the vowel symbols and they have spacing between each but are still connected to form words but how does one know when the words have space between them?

If what I say is confusing here is an english example

Imeanlikehavingwordslikethiswithnospaces

how do you know where to put spaces when it comes to translating japanese?
Old 2010-02-08, 22:27   Link #3270
Avvesione

^
Japanese doesn't have spaces like English, but rather has logical breaks between words. To translate Japanese into English, it becomes apparent where spaces would show up. For example, take the following sentence:

今日は晴れました。 which translates to "Today was sunny."

The words can be "今日" as "today", "は" as a topic particle, and "晴 れました" as "was sunny". If you were to put spaces in Japanese, they would follow words or word+particle. Otherwise, it'd be hard to utilize spaces in Japanese like we do in English. However, when I practiced Japanese, I'd include spaces since it'd be easier for me to read and I probably would've written it as "今日は 晴れました。" Also, casual speech has different patterns, so it's very difficult to do what you're trying to do.

Does this help answer your question?
Old 2010-02-09, 00:36   Link #3271
Kefit

So we at pew pew now have translations for chapters 52-56 (ie the rest of volume 8). Unfortunately our editors haven't been seen in weeks, and without editors we are kind of stuck. I think I saw some discussion here a while back about people who were able to edit Needless Zero chapters, so I figured it was worth checking here to see if any of you guys are capable of editing manga and want to help us release this series.

Leave a post here, send me a PM, or head into #pewpew@irc.irchighway.net if you are interested or might know someone who can help. Don't be shy, I know you guys want these chapters out just as much as I do :x
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 00:58   Link #3272
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
So we at pew pew now have translations for chapters 52-56 (ie the rest of volume 8). Unfortunately our editors haven't been seen in weeks, and without editors we are kind of stuck. I think I saw some discussion here a while back about people who were able to edit Needless Zero chapters, so I figured it was worth checking here to see if any of you guys are capable of editing manga and want to help us release this series.

Leave a post here, send me a PM, or head into #pewpew@irc.irchighway.net if you are interested or might know someone who can help. Don't be shy, I know you guys want these chapters out just as much as I do :x
I'm the one who translate...but...I translate it from chinese version to english...so...I can't really help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
^
Japanese doesn't have spaces like English, but rather has logical breaks between words. To translate Japanese into English, it becomes apparent where spaces would show up. For example, take the following sentence:

今日は晴れました。 which translates to "Today was sunny."

The words can be "今日" as "today", "は" as a topic particle, and "晴 れました" as "was sunny". If you were to put spaces in Japanese, they would follow words or word+particle. Otherwise, it'd be hard to utilize spaces in Japanese like we do in English. However, when I practiced Japanese, I'd include spaces since it'd be easier for me to read and I probably would've written it as "今日は 晴れました。" Also, casual speech has different patterns, so it's very difficult to do what you're trying to do.

Does this help answer your question?
The japanese and chinese language have different words for almost EACH meaning

While English have like....simple word to combine as a meaning.

So while it is harder to read English when the word is all stick together,it is not the same to japanese and chinese language....but I still get a really bad mark in my own language...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 01:12   Link #3273
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post

Sekirei07 did the cleaning for the 2 Needless 0 II chapters so far whereas Dragonkid11 did the Chinese >> English translations. Btw, that's good to hear you guys got 52-56 translated I was checking your status section and thought the translator dropped since it was stuck on 52 for so long.
Old 2010-02-09, 12:13   Link #3274
Sekirei07

Well I talked to em so now I am going to clean 52 (which I wont do half assed like I did on personal release, ill redraw when needed) and if that cuts the mustard I will be put to work it seems. So wish me luck!

Also the my PC cant read japanese characters in text form for some reason, they appear as blocks if they not in some image, anyone know a program where I can see the next online?

Edit: phew just finished cleaning ch 52, hope its good enough for me to be able to release it...

Need to work on a few things but it might be usable

alright they approved, now time to get to work!

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2010-02-09 at 21:25.
Old 2010-02-10, 00:20   Link #3275
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Also the my PC cant read japanese characters in text form for some reason, they appear as blocks if they not in some image, anyone know a program where I can see the next online?
You can probably google it and find out how to use it through your OS. It shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, getting back to the manga, I'm curious if Saten is going to return to Simeon anytime in the near future. I would think so since Ishiyama and Arclight are working together on the Needless Hunts and Saten has been collecting blood samples (Kafka, Uten, Kurumi) but I wonder if he'll do any fighting for Arclight. Be interesting to see how Saten and Arclight interact in the future.
Old 2010-02-10, 15:33   Link #3276
Sekirei07

I wonder why Saten even needs Archlight in the first place.
Old 2010-02-10, 18:17   Link #3277
Avvesione

^
Ishiyama is using Arclight for the Needless Hunts (or at least he's interested in it) and Saten has been collecting the blood samples. To me, it looks like Saten is working for Ishiyama but also under Arclight.
Old 2010-02-10, 23:46   Link #3278
Sekirei07

< after 15 hours of cleaning/edit/typesetting I finished ch. 52
Old 2010-02-10, 23:50   Link #3279
shadowii

^
congrats Sekirei07
and I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for all your hard work
Old 2010-02-11, 02:19   Link #3280
Avvesione

Great, glad to hear that Sekirei! I'm looking forward to seeing your work along with the translations from PewPew. Hope everything goes well between the two of you, especially if their old editors don't show up again.

So thanks to the both of you for working on this project, Sekirei and Kefit.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen