AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-11, 00:40   Link #261
ironbomb

will note those 3 down...Currently got a few I wanna read too hehe...reading Tsuiteru Kanojo atm...wow.. after chapter 2 im already surprised...neways thats another manga and to be left out of here xD.

Edit: could you provide a summary of what the stories about of the 3... or just a link to a picture/summary...if not its kool, could look later.. just lazy xD.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:15   Link #262
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

For more viewpoints, check out the forum threads on each but very briefly:
Lovely*Complex, REC, Lamune
1) Lovely*Complex: comedic romance about a short guy and a tall girl, great side characters, straight ahead plot --- great dialog (set in Kansai region with Kansai-ben).
24 episodes.

2) REC: tightly written comedy romance between an advertising guy and a voice actress. Direct homage to the old Cary Grant + Audrey Hepburn romantic comedies.
Nine 15 minute episodes.

3) Lamune: based on an erogame but the story is collapsed into one path between two friends who grow up next door to each other. Just a nice slow-paced steady romance.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:32   Link #263
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
For more viewpoints, check out the forum threads on each but very briefly:
Lovely*Complex, REC, Lamune
1) Lovely*Complex: comedic romance about a short guy and a tall girl, great side characters, straight ahead plot --- great dialog (set in Kansai region with Kansai-ben).
24 episodes.

2) REC: tightly written comedy romance between an advertising guy and a voice actress. Direct homage to the old Cary Grant + Audrey Hepburn romantic comedies.
Nine 15 minute episodes.

3) Lamune: based on an erogame but the story is collapsed into one path between two friends who grow up next door to each other. Just a nice slow-paced steady romance.
ah I see, they are anime hehe..I thought they are manga. Im not to fond on watching romance series animes...I get bored of them quick..but really loved/enjoy to read them..yea it sounds weird =/...but I might decide to give lovely complex a shot..sounds great...Rec might be the one to start with since its short hehe.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:53   Link #264
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

If you have a tendency to get bored of romances, Ramune is probably not for you. While it's kind of a harem (as in the source material was galge), the other characters don't really pose much of a threat at all.

If you want to read manga, REC/Rekku originated as a manga. I've only watched the anime, but the manga is also decent I hear.
Old 2007-12-11, 03:22   Link #265
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.. sorry about mixing them up .... Lamune is a slow-paced anime (no manga that I know of).

REC ... I've got the first six volumes (Japanese only) .... it goes much farther than the anime (which is a great introduction).

Lovely*Complex is available (manga) in both english (first few volumes) and japanese.
The anime series is pretty quick and lively though it is 24 eps.
Old 2007-12-11, 04:47   Link #266
ironbomb

Do you suggest reading the manga or watching the anime first. I probably would have some time after my finals next week....
Old 2007-12-11, 13:32   Link #267
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

REC .. I'd watch the anime first and then read the manga. The anime is a shorthand of the first volume.

Lovely*Complex.... hmmmm, I'm going to say watch the anime first .... then the manga seems like an extended expanded version and you won't be so annoyed with the shortcuts. I believe the anime was produced after the manga run ended in Japan so it follows the general plotline of the manga.

That was another reason the anime version of Love Hina fell short in some people's eyes.... the series failed to follow the manga (anime-only ending) and then the OVAs failed to make up for that even though the manga *was* complete. A lot of fans wanted to see the epilog animated.

We're really kind of off-topic now and should steer back to Love Hina manga. If you have any other questions about the above recommended series, jump over to their associated threads.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-12-11 at 13:54.
Old 2007-12-11, 14:06   Link #268
ironbomb

Thanx..now, time to get the anime lol.

edit: yea we did lol.

Well, I was just thinking about Suu and I dont remember the reason why she was there in the first place..then the same question arrived when I thought about Shinobu. What was there reason to go there, not to stay there for Keitaro..but the reason they first decided to stay in the dorm?
Old 2007-12-11, 15:23   Link #269
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Best as I can remember without flipping pages, she was simply there as a foreign exchange student and that was just the random place her handlers found that was "suitable" and relatively protected so she could live near where she attended school.
Old 2007-12-11, 15:46   Link #270
3:16
Excellence Of Execution

Send a message via MSN to 3:16
Quote:
It remains one of the most popular series on the manga racks even after 10 years so "failure" is relative (though Naruto and Bleach are also popular on the racks so meh).
Sure!That's relative.But on my own,I think that was a "failure",compared to Negima! or Itsudatte My Santa(yeah,you might think i'm strange...).And I don't speak of Naruto...For Godsake,this is pure shit(excuse my language,but I don't find any other word that could describe that...serie...)
Old 2007-12-11, 16:16   Link #271
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3:16 View Post
Sure!That's relative.But on my own,I think that was a "failure",compared to Negima! or Itsudatte My Santa(yeah,you might think i'm strange...).And I don't speak of Naruto...For Godsake,this is pure shit(excuse my language,but I don't find any other word that could describe that...serie...)
You shouldnt compare Negima! to Love Hina since one was a much earlier work, probably one of his first projects...gosh cant believe im supporting love hina in this point.

But I agree that love hina is horrible, even might consider it a failure(even though I disagreed in an earlier post...) due to lack of alot of things but its still readable...but not something I would EVER consider rereading.
Old 2007-12-11, 16:58   Link #272
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's a reason you'll probably never find me on the "top" anime threads (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc) ... just glancing at the stuff sucks the IQ out of my brain. But enough of that... back to work for me.
Old 2007-12-11, 17:44   Link #273
ironbomb

Quote:
Best as I can remember without flipping pages, she was simply there as a foreign exchange student and that was just the random place her handlers found that was "suitable" and relatively protected so she could live near where she attended school.
that is only suu's case..which sounds about right...
Shinobu, considering her shy personality at the time, I dont think it was out of her free will/choice that such a thing happened...
Old 2007-12-11, 18:54   Link #274
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The anime had a fair explanation (divorced parents and trying to stay with her school)

The manga never really said that I recall.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:13   Link #275
ironbomb

Quote:
The anime had a fair explanation (divorced parents and trying to stay with her school)

The manga never really said that I recall.
definitely didnt, I would recall such a situation...
Old 2007-12-13, 14:10   Link #276
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

I like this anime but did not really like the manga
Old 2007-12-13, 15:13   Link #277
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll bite and ask why you like the anime better than the manga?

I mean there is the voice work and the music which many like. Some of the anime-only stuff is great (like the "old samurai film" opener to the first Motoko-focus episode).
Old 2007-12-13, 16:57   Link #278
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
I like this anime but did not really like the manga
Really? I thought the manga was alot more detailed and conclusive then the anime.

Last edited by holyman282; 2007-12-16 at 02:00.
Old 2007-12-13, 17:08   Link #279
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

I think it was way intertainig to me than manga.
Old 2007-12-13, 17:20   Link #280
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
The anime has a few in-depth episodes that doesn't make much sense, like that stupid one with the giant mechanical turtle, but there's the one with the doll "Moe" which didn't appear in the manga at all. For me, I thought that episode was truly the best in the entire series. Manga wise, it was overall better, since more detail was put into the manga, and the story didn't alter too much from the storyline, since it was done by Akamtsu, himself.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, harem