AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 22:09   Link #1001
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Eh, Hayate and the Wolkenritter are nothing like siblings. Just look at the scene where Hayate scolds Vita for talking rudely to Nanoha. That's mother behaviour right there. This is without taking the power dynamic into consideration.
Old 2011-07-03, 22:11   Link #1002
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And then there was Hayate and Shamal's parent-like teasing of Rein in the cafeteria during StrikerS...
Old 2011-07-03, 22:28   Link #1003
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I imagine in a non standard family dynamic, they may shift roles.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 22:37   Link #1004
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

She does refer to them as her kids too.
Old 2011-07-04, 03:01   Link #1005
Skane
Anime Snark

A relationship between an adopted child and Hayate would be different from the Wolkies in that the Wolkies are already all grown-up, and for the most part, combat veterans. Hayate doesn't really have anybody that can trigger the mama-bear in her compared to Nanoha and Fate. If anything, she more akin to that of an "elder sister" to the Wolkies.

Rein-Zwei is the only one that she has a more "motherly" connection to, given that Rein-Zwei is literally born of her(part of Hayate's linker-core is in Rein-Zwei). Even then... Rein-Zwei is an artificial construct, and we don't really see her treating her as a daughter in StrikerS, Vivid and Force, more as a co-worker.

Having Sieg on Hayate's side would also balance out the Miura versus Vivio and Einhart dynamic. One new and veteran versus two monsters(in terms of combat potential, not personality). With Rio and Corona as "we're-going-to-be-wallpaper" side-kicks.

I just find the parallels that they are starting to draw between Sieg and Hayate to be uncanny. We'll see where they go from here on.

Cheers.
Old 2011-07-04, 04:57   Link #1006
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
A relationship between an adopted child and Hayate would be different from the Wolkies in that the Wolkies are already all grown-up, and for the most part, combat veterans.
... And 16 year old former champion Sieg isn't?

I don't know... the idea of Sieg being adopted sounds like fun, but Hayate already has a family of six. Putting Sieg there would feel like 'just one more.' And the parallels you're talking about are kinda vague to me as well.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 06:50   Link #1007
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

You're all assuming Seig is an orphan for whatever reason as well.
Old 2011-07-04, 07:23   Link #1008
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Don't think anyone threw out the idea that she might not be, just voicing of wishes or stuff that is of interest.
Cause I for one know something like Hayate actually adopting a child now is very very very unlikely and even more so with someone like Sieg but don't mean I don't still don't want it to happen

Fate and Nanoha have their adpoted kids where as Hayate gained a extended family through much different means, it's a different matter if she takes in a kid of her own will.

But hell I've always found it weird that I thought about this since StrikerS. Guess I'm a big soft sentimental idiot after all
Old 2011-07-04, 12:05   Link #1009
Justin_Brett

I like how after one chapter (where we could tell what she was saying) Sieg is this popular.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 12:55   Link #1010
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I like how after one chapter (where we could tell what she was saying) Sieg is this popular.
The artist did an amazing job at showing her as this sweet, adorable thing that everyone will just want to hug and protect. Unless she hardly gets any more screentime, or she reveals a completely different side of her personality, I'd say she has a good shot at being the top ensemble darkhorse character for all of Vivid.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 13:09   Link #1011
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
There's been a couple of clues so far, and nothing to show otherwise. And considering Nanoha has a penchant for orphans (Hayate, Teana and Einhart to name a few) it's really only a logical step. Yeah, we could be wrong, but so far all the signs say yes.
Old 2011-07-04, 13:46   Link #1012
Justin_Brett

Quote:
The artist did an amazing job at showing her as this sweet, adorable thing that everyone will just want to hug and protect. Unless she hardly gets any more screentime, or she reveals a completely different side of her personality, I'd say she has a good shot at being the top ensemble darkhorse character for all of Vivid.
Yeah, I'd say they did a good job for all of the tournament characters like that - all of them are pretty much bound to be popular with some people. Like, most of them are archetypes, but also well characterized.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 16:35   Link #1013
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Need to read the Chapter, i'm not that sensible with imoutos(specially the ones who are ridiculously strong enough to not need said protection xDU), but i admit that the idea of Miura + Sieglinde friendship sounds interesting: "The Rookie and the Champ".

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 17:55   Link #1014
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And considering Nanoha has a penchant for orphans (Hayate, Teana and Einhart to name a few)
Einhart's family situation remains unknown, last I heard.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 18:10   Link #1015
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

She's a kid living completely alone to the point where Nove rather than her parents was the one dealing with the legal documents regarding her crimes. Until I see parents I'm going to say orphan.
Old 2011-07-04, 18:36   Link #1016
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
She's a kid living completely alone to the point where Nove rather than her parents was the one dealing with the legal documents regarding her crimes. Until I see parents I'm going to say orphan.
Still attends what it looks to be a pretty expensive school, have training equipement in her home and spent time doing personal stuff aside of spending time with Vivio and the girls. Even if she hasn't parents she must have someone taking care of her, i know children are moir eindependent on Mid-Childa but i really doubt the they're allowed to live alone completely on themselves. Not legally at least.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 19:14   Link #1017
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yet she does. In fact she pretty much seems to be the 'lonely girl' and Nove is pretty much her first 'guardian.' Plus, so far every girl in Nanoha that has had no mention of parents turned out to be an orphan, so until I see or hear parents mentioned, I'm going to keep assuming orphan.
Old 2011-07-04, 19:25   Link #1018
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Making me think of K-on arguments i've had here at home. Why do the twins have a car? Who drives? Are they alone? I'm confused.

oh yeah, Fabia

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2011-07-06 at 11:49.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 04:55   Link #1019
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So her magical skills are top of her class, and she's the best in sports and magic. >.>
Well considering that she uses two elements, affinity or not her being top in class when it comes to magic is hardly a surprise.

I also can't help but laugh at Corona being described "top of her class in studies, but bad at magic" when the only other character we've ever seen in the entire series who creates golems is Precia.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:54   Link #1020
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It's also established that Rio's family is one of fighters so she's likely to have been trained since a young age. Imagine if Nanoha put Vivio through strict magic training every day since she adopted her.

I don't think Precia's mecha mooks were golems. Unless something to that effect is stated somewhere?

Tags
vivid