AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-15, 08:28   Link #361
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Whoa! I totally didn't expect Pizza Hut to sponsor Kannagi xD:

but tze image is wonderful xD YAY!
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 08:30   Link #362
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

argh, it is so cute
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 08:45   Link #363
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And with this second episode, Kannagi solidified it's position as a "MUST WATCH" for this season

Seriously, Nagi is just downright adorable with her comical antics, and Jun plays the role as the 'partner' in this odd relationship perfectly... In more than one way
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 10:56   Link #364
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Man Pizza Hut sure is big on Anime sponsoring in japan aren't they...Considering the image I have of them in this country it never does stop feeling slightly surreal...

I found this amusing though...

Spoiler for Nagi's daydreams...:

Personally I think she's more then cute enough just the way she is...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:05   Link #365
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post

And just because of that, I will go to get pizza at pizza hut today for dinner.

Their advertising tactics work like a charm

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:19   Link #366
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Kannagi is doing a better job at making me want Pizza Hut than Code Geass was. : x
Old 2008-10-15, 12:19   Link #367
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Vexx's interesting idea that Yamakan might have been fired from Lucky Star for insufficient outside references is ironic considering the Pizza Hut tie-in this time around. Pizza Hut must have found the Code Geass tie-in worked for them. Now they're trying a different genre of anime. If you look at Pizza Hut's Kannagi web page (thanks, Westlo), you can see all the "presents":

1. promo movie
2. ringtone (for Pizza Hut Club members)
3. wallpaper/phone images (for Pizza Hut Club members)
4. postcards (for Pizza Hut Club members)
5. special prizes (drawn from among people who order pizza online and register for the contest): three each of script signed by the seiyuu (Tomatsu Haruka, Shimono Hiro, Sawashiro Miyuki, Hanazawa Kana), manga signed by seiyuu, poster signed by seiyuu, OP CD signed by Tomatsu Haruka, Nagi fanbook signed by Tomatsu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86
Am I missing something? I thought the first episode was unimpressive and this episode was boring. What's so great about this anime?
You can tell what's turning people on by reading this thread: the animation, the humor, and Nagi (image and voice). If none of those do it for you, you probably won't like the show. That's cool. Some people like some things, others like other things. The basic story sounds cliched, but the execution is godly, and makes the show original.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:39   Link #368
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. promo movie
5. special prizes (drawn from among people who order pizza online and register for the contest): three each of script signed by the seiyuu (Tomatsu Haruka, Shimono Hiro, Sawashiro Miyuki, Hanazawa Kana), manga signed by seiyuu, poster signed by seiyuu, OP CD signed by Tomatsu Haruka, Nagi fanbook signed by Tomatsu.
tsch.. i'ma order a delivery service right now if Pizza Hut Japan offers overseas delivery Usually we only take 2-3 boxes but just for this i'd add 3 extra more.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:47   Link #369
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post

can i grab that one?
Old 2008-10-15, 13:55   Link #370
Solafighter
Hige

Great second episode.

The animations(movements) are looking kind of smoother in most average animes(,i think). Well maded.
Old 2008-10-15, 15:41   Link #371
Tiran86

Quote:
You can tell what's turning people on by reading this thread: the animation, the humor, and Nagi (image and voice). If none of those do it for you, you probably won't like the show. That's cool. Some people like some things, others like other things. The basic story sounds cliched, but the execution is godly, and makes the show original.
Yeah I guess I just don't see it. Oh well, I'll give it another episode still. Its not terrible, its just not impressing me.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:53   Link #372
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, to be honest, I'm also less than impressed with Kannagi. Then again, I've read the original material far enough that so far nothing in the anime is new to me, so that's certainly has biased my reactions.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 18:34   Link #373
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
I've been pleasantly surprised by this series. Great animation, good storyline, and Nagi! Gives me a Spice and Wolf vibe without being a copycat. Fall season is turning out to be alright so far.
Old 2008-10-15, 18:59   Link #374
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Man I want some Pizza Hut right now . Cruse you money and not being enough of you.

Episode 2 was pretty good. Give the girl credit she can kick out a story with incredible ease. Wish luck to the guy's father though if he ever comes back into the picture. Well at least the story got bought and crisis solved.
Old 2008-10-15, 19:13   Link #375
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Vexx's interesting idea that Yamakan might have been fired from Lucky Star for insufficient outside references is ironic considering the Pizza Hut tie-in this time around. Pizza Hut must have found the Code Geass tie-in worked for them. Now they're trying a different genre of anime. If you look at Pizza Hut's Kannagi web page (thanks, Westlo), you can see all the "presents":

1. promo movie
Oh this makes me wish I live in Japan ;_; such wonderful goodies *_* I especially want the special prizes *_*
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 19:31   Link #376
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was looking at the manga and then the Japanese Wikipedia page about the mangaka and found out that she is a woman, TAKENASHI Eri 武梨えり. People apparently used to think she was a man because she draws a self-portrait of herself as a sort of skinhead.

She has done work for Type-Moon, and has drawings of characters from Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime in collections called TAKE MOON.

On her own home page, she has a couple of images from Kannagi and numerous blog entries. She went recently to Yokohama to see a Macross live event.

She says that Yamakan told her he definitely wanted an actual place to set the anime in, so she told him Sendai, in northern Japan, because she used to live there and some of the images in her mind were from there, but scenes from Tokyo are mixed in in what she draws. He just said: "Okay, let's take some photos there."

She and the staff put up prayer boards at the big shrine in town, the Shiogamajinja 鹽竈神社, even though Nagi's shrine is much smaller, mainly because that's where she used to go with her family on special occasions. She asked people who want to go and "do a tour of holy sites" not to disturb the residents, lol.

She is the younger sister of mangaka Yuuki Shin'ichi 結城 真一, and apparently was strongly influenced by him. Here is his web page, where he mentions working with her.

By the way, it certainly is interesting how close the first part of the anime is to the manga. Almost frame for frame. Even that odd slanted image from behind the legs of the newly-embodied Nagi is straight from the manga. I'll bet that by sticking so close to the manga in some places, mangakas will be more relaxed about the things he puts in (like some of the ecchi stuff).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-15 at 21:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 19:58   Link #377
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kaoru Chujo well following the source actually works...Though i heard some coments like reproducing original material is not interesting and so on, but the shows that manage to reproduce the original story and maybe add a few additional things here and there work very well. Much better than changing original source in JC Staff way...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 21:36   Link #378
loltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
can i grab that one?
You can't grab anything. Nagi's smaller than AA.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:28   Link #379
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
that would be close to.. nothing. She's prolly A/AA

healthy dreams compensate for it.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:40   Link #380
Westlo
Lets be reality

So Nagi has no hopes and dreams Oh well hi Zange!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen