AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 94 63.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 24.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 7.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-31, 20:02   Link #41
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

helluva 'n episode. Action packed. Wow. Just...wow.

Even though I hate doing this, I'm going to have to let 2-3 air so I can binge-watch them. I hate waiting for the next one. I've been thinking of doing it since episode 18, but I can never hold out. After finding the series and binge-watching the first 5-6 episodes, I've been catching it every week.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:08   Link #42
Commandersnoopy

OMG, that was one of the best episodes in the longest of times (up there with court episode with Levi, the last 2 episodes of Battle of Trost, and the first 5 episodes). The first battle with all the squad members dying really brought back up the intensity and the climax at the end with Mikasa's reaction. Oh man
Commandersnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:18   Link #43
kitsunisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
helluva 'n episode. Action packed. Wow. Just...wow.

Even though I hate doing this, I'm going to have to let 2-3 air so I can binge-watch them. I hate waiting for the next one. I've been thinking of doing it since episode 18, but I can never hold out. After finding the series and binge-watching the first 5-6 episodes, I've been catching it every week.
You might want to hold off on that decision until the next one, the first half is gonna be good.
If anyone is wondering, fight went damn near shot-for-shot with the manga
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:38   Link #44
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Well one single thing was botchered in this episode. Have you seen the animation when Eren-Titan started charging towards the Female Titan for the first time? WTF WAS THAT?!
Old 2013-08-31, 20:48   Link #45
takai
Easy Muffin

FINALLY SOMETHING HAPPENS.

Man it's a damn shame Eren lost. I was really hoping he'd nail her so hard in the face that it'd just dissolve right there.

Pacing was improved as well, less stills also.

Now I'm looking forward to Eren's revenge. I love Titan Eren.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:57   Link #46
Divini
Senpai!

Its episodes like this that makes me soooo glad I decided not to cave in and read the manga. The feels this episode... Petra and the rest of the squad, Eren's anger, Mikasa's rampage... Best episode yet.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:59   Link #47
Eater of All
NOM

I love this female titan. She already singlehandedly out-witted / defeated most of the Recon Corps: first some grunts, then Armin/Reiner/Jean, Erwin('s trap), Levi's squad, and titan Eren.

Now she faces the final boss, Mikasa/Levi, with probably most of her strength depleted.
Old 2013-08-31, 20:59   Link #48
Nighty40

Eren
ah well he'll be back. he's got plot armor to boot
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:15   Link #49
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Oh man this episode was rich, especially when Levi's team went down like flies. "Look at us and our fancy teamwork and how awesome we are and how we totally have this!" and then they got squashed.
Quote:
worships her gigantic boobs
A cups are not gigantic
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:20   Link #50
Hikapo

Hikapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:27   Link #51
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I absolutely loved the rage Eren showed this episode, especially when he was on top of the female titan regenerating his arms after pretty much destroying both of them. He pretty much almost lost himself in the rage, the way he was twitching with his eyes rolling back.

It raises an interesting thought I had though. At first you see the female titan looking rather, let's say "Here it is" but further in you can see the horror she was witnessing. I was wondering on whether she was thinking "I have to defeat him to survive" or "I have to defeat him to prevent him from losing himself" because that's what it looked like I pretty much stopped reading the manga at this point because, well, damn, look at that episode! It probably would have been twice as interesting if I didn't know what was going to happen
Old 2013-08-31, 21:28   Link #52
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunisan View Post
Noooo! My feels, they hurt!

I was not looking forward to this episode. But Petra and co. went out hard.

And you just know once Mikasa showed up the female titan knew she was running for her life!
PETRA! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SHIP JUST SANK STRAIGHT TO HELL IN THIS EP!

But yeah, the moment they talked that team Levi talked about believing in them, I knew they were done for. Kinda sad, cause I really liked them. Nothing worse than losing characters with personality =0(. But all in all, an amazing episode. I'm SOOO freakin excited to see Levimikasa in action =03!!!

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:32   Link #53
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

That fight...oh god that titan fight was so beautifully animated (ignoring a few moments and minor details) and it really shows the author's love for MMA xD
God, that hip escape the Female Titan made to get out from Eren's mount was executed and animated perfectly and nearly brought a tear to my eye.

It was evident that the Female Titan had far more control over herself than Eren who half the time was swinging around heavy blows almost wildly. Titan Eren was fighting like a street brawler half the time while she was moving around like a trained fighter. She was much smarter, calmer, faster and skilled than him though Eren had just tremendous raw power behind each blow and he seemed to care far less about self harm than her.

You know, to me the way she avoids getting hurt unless absolutely necessary even though she can heal up just shows a very human side of to her. Titans disregard bodily harm, Eren did the same in titan form and he was shown to steadily fall into a bit of insanity through the whole fight...but humans can't heal like titans and can't easily ignore pain so they avoid getting hurt, like her. Quite interesting.

Also..........Eren had yet another disadvantage since she was using that supernatural hardening ability that basically gave her both armor and a weapon. Her skill plus that ability just made it plainly clear that Eren wasn't going to win.
It was also kind of awesome how she still managed to go toe-to-toe with him even without the use of her arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
His squad were kinda being douches though, keep asking Eren to trust their abilities while constantly implying that Eren is not good enough to fight yet.
How is that being douchy at all?
1: The squad members had far more experience and skill in fighting titans than Eren and anyone in his class put together, while Eren was still just a new recruit;
2: Their job was to protect him, sending him away while putting their lives on the line to kill/delay the enemy was their job;
3: Eren was good recruit with high scores but compared to them he was nothing without his titan shifting ability...and that was a power not even he knew if he could control. Nobody really knew how Eren could react if he turned into a Titan, hell...he nearly killed his adoptive sister at one point so what assurance did they have that he wouldn't attack them?
4: How can someone be a douche for asking a teammate to trust in them? That just doesn't make sense, trust is one of the most important things to have in a team.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:33   Link #54
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Wow, that was one rage-fueled 'Clash Of The Titans' this week. And then we have two of humanity's strongest soldiers teaming up at the end - I'm sure their battle with the Fem. Titan will be just as intense.

Since Gunther's death, I predicted that Petra and the remaining teammates would die as well, but still, the scene was painful to watch. RIP guys.

Lots of 'quality' animation this episode too - or it probably was just my video problem. I liked the fluidity of the scene where Mikasa was attacking the Fem Titan.

Last edited by Allium; 2013-08-31 at 23:22.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:34   Link #55
lateraldeath

I had thought that they were going to make the squad dead the cliffhanger ending for last episode but this turned out very well too. Totally awesome episode.

Yup, I definitely like Mikasa when she's expressing her yandere love. This anime is so troll by making Eren oblivious to that. They need to pull an SAO lets go on honeymoon for 2 weeks thing :P.

And this OST!!! So buying if/when it comes to the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandersnoopy View Post
OMG, that was one of the best episodes in the longest of times (up there with court episode with Levi, the last 2 episodes of Battle of Trost, and the first 5 episodes). The first battle with all the squad members dying really brought back up the intensity and the climax at the end with Mikasa's reaction. Oh man

wait court episode is one of the best? that's a first for me. Love to hear your reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
His squad were kinda being douches though, keep asking Eren to trust their abilities while constantly implying that Eren is not good enough to fight yet.
I don't think they implied he's not good enough. You got to remember why they were assigned to him. Not just to watch over him but to protect him as well. If you are in the military and you are protecting a VIP, you make sure they stay out of harm, not join you to fight. They are a team, but not in the traditional sense what so ever.

Last edited by lateraldeath; 2013-08-31 at 22:50.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:41   Link #56
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Damn, what an episode. Another reason not to get attached to more side characters in this series. And what does Female Titan want to do with Eren?
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:53   Link #57
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
That fight...oh god that titan fight was so beautifully animated (ignoring a few moments and minor details) and it really shows the author's love for MMA xD
God, that hip escape the Female Titan made to get out from Eren's mount was executed and animated perfectly and nearly brought a tear to my eye.

It was evident that the Female Titan had far more control over herself than Eren who half the time was swinging around heavy blows almost wildly. Titan Eren was fighting like a street brawler half the time while she was moving around like a trained fighter. She was much smarter, calmer, faster and skilled than him though Eren had just tremendous raw power behind each blow and he seemed to care far less about self harm than her.

You know, to me the way she avoids getting hurt unless absolutely necessary even though she can heal up just shows a very human side of to her. Titans disregard bodily harm, Eren did the same in titan form and he was shown to steadily fall into a bit of insanity through the whole fight...but humans can't heal like titans and can't easily ignore pain so they avoid getting hurt, like her. Quite interesting.

Also..........Eren had yet another disadvantage since she was using that supernatural hardening ability that basically gave her both armor and a weapon. Her skill plus that ability just made it plainly clear that Eren wasn't going to win.
It was also kind of awesome how she still managed to go toe-to-toe with him even without the use of her arms.

How is that being douchy at all?
1: The squad members had far more experience and skill in fighting titans than Eren and anyone in his class put together, while Eren was still just a new recruit;
2: Their job was to protect him, sending him away while putting their lives on the line to kill/delay the enemy was their job;
3: Eren was good recruit with high scores but compared to them he was nothing without his titan shifting ability...and that was a power not even he knew if he could control. Nobody really knew how Eren could react if he turned into a Titan, hell...he nearly killed his adoptive sister at one point so what assurance did they have that he wouldn't attack them?
4: How can someone be a douche for asking a teammate to trust in them? That just doesn't make sense, trust is one of the most important things to have in a team.
Speaking of Titan Eren, he seems gone batsh!t crazy and perhaps spun out of control... Until he gets back to normal shortly before she chopped off his head.

Besides, you guys should know that Eren may have a tendency to go trigger-happy as a greenhorn. That's why they had to keep in line unless when he's needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Damn, what an episode. Another reason not to get attached to more side characters in this series. And what does Female Titan want to do with Eren?
She wants Eren's baby!

Jokes aside, obviously Eren can't die off just like that. I'm pretty sure she wants to take him alive for a reason.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:57   Link #58
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

This is easily the best episode yet.

The fight choreography and the sound effects were amazing!

Small details like Eren's wild punches to the final strike to Eren's Dome were animated beautifully.

Mikasa is well, Mikasa. She got a front row seat of FT's long awaited meal. Dat Yandere Love.

The ironic twist of Eren wanting to eat FT. Lucky bastard. Pixel, are you jealous?

Maybe it's just me, but the mounting scene and screaming felt more like a mating ritual for Titans than anything else.

It's so hot.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-08-31 at 23:42.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:30   Link #59
JamJackEvo

The Eren vs FT battle in a nutshell:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by JamJackEvo; 2013-08-31 at 23:46.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:31   Link #60
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

^
Dammit. I was planning to post that. And now you ninja'd me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
This is easily the best episode yet.

The fight choreography and the sound effects were amazing!

Small details like Eren's wild punches to the final strike to Eren's Dome were animated beautifully.

Mikasa is well, Mikasa. She got a front row seat of FT's long awaited meal. Dat Yandere Love.

The ironic twist of Eren wanting to eat FT. Lucky bastard.

Maybe it's just me, but the mounting scene and screaming felt more like a mating ritual for Titans than anything else.

It's so hot.
And that was the awkward moment between them. I mean, why were they starring each other for a minute?

Eren... I don't think you have a clue what you were doing with her and what she wants.

BTW, I think this isn't the first time Titan Eren took a smack on his face. Remember Torst Defense arc?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote