AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 12:31   Link #161
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yep, I'm the only one who liked the OP. It sort of felt more like a rock video than an anime OP to me. The heavy use of Amber is very exciting imo. Hope she survives unlike a certain someone from Cowboy Bebop which the OP is reminding me of by the way.
Old 2007-04-03, 12:32   Link #162
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
For those who wish to sing along with the opening version once it comes out, I present to you my format of the lyrics. Please be advised that I do not want to see these used in fansubs because I can tell when groups get lazy and use my versions. Trust me, I know where my intentional changes are in these, so be warned. If you do want to use them, credit me at least. I offer no guarantee for these as they are my own version.

塞がれた瞼から流れ出した涙
繰り返し蝕まれる 熱愛と血の欠片

don't worry I need to any more
I know he don't it ask for

絡めた二つの胸の隙間で
欲しがるだけの渇いたこの体が

穢れた指先で
夜を誘い込んで
千切れるまで君をこじ開けて
浅い眠りの中
剥がれた想いが軋む
何もかも今はすべて消し去れたら

soul in rise
close your eyes
downfallen
cold inside
just howling in the shadows

fusagareta mabuta kara nagare dashita namida
kurikaeshi mushibamareru netsuai to chi no kakera

don't worry i need to anymore
i know he don't really ask it for

karameta futatsu no mune no sukima de
hoshigaru dake no kawaita kono karada ga

kegareta yubisaki de
yoru wo sasoi konde
chigireru made kimi wo koji akete
asai nemuri no naka
hagareta omoi ga kishimu
nanimokamo ima wa subete keshi saretara

soul in rise
close your eyes
downfallen
cold inside
just howling in the shadows

My blog post will have the full lyrics up soon. I completed the original, I just need to romanize them for everyone and run them through a check. Translation coming soon.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2007-04-03, 15:31   Link #163
Joojoobees

Commenting on OP

The OP song isn't that interesting to me, but I don't think it is unsuitable.

The animation in the OP was an odd mixture of interesting and uninspired. I didn't like the part with the floating pink woman, but the flashes of red towards the beginning were interesting. I kind of liked the part where he stumbles and falls into the gutter -- he looks like he is drunk; probably not the intention, but I found it entertaining.
Old 2007-04-03, 17:42   Link #164
lommm
l'homme de lommm

@wao: i think you must be referring to Kenpuchou, right? as i recall, you weren't taking that show seriously until i showed you the true light. after that, you understood all the religious references and realized that it was actually the most serious and dramatically intense show on air. ever. in the universe.

so does ep 1 air tonight/now? i thought this was about what time geass aired. i wonder when they will release the ost? anyone have any news on that subject? i'm more interested in the ost than in the actual show. though i say that now, but i could have a Kenpuchou conversion....

EDIT: am i retarded? i like the OP song. the animation and the choices are meh, but i liked this song a lot. i would say that the first 30 seconds of the OP animation are good, but the rest of it is kind of sub-standard. there is an awful lot of holding on certain shots for longer than needed. and the overlaying at the beginning looked a lot like some BeeTrain OP's i know of. i'm hoping that the OP will seem better after having watched a few eps. oh well, at least the song is good.

Last edited by lommm; 2007-04-03 at 18:11.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:24   Link #165
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
so does ep 1 air tonight/now? i thought this was about what time geass aired. i wonder when they will release the ost? anyone have any news on that subject? i'm more interested in the ost than in the actual show. though i say that now, but i could have a Kenpuchou conversion....
Thursday night is when DtB airs (it's in the Code Geass timeslot). No news on the OST yet.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:20   Link #166
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
i wonder when they will release the ost? anyone have any news on that subject? i'm more interested in the ost than in the actual show.
I know what you mean. The OST is definitely on my wish list.
Old 2007-04-03, 23:42   Link #167
Alohomora
Dream Catcher ^_^

Is this the real OP ? I'm not sure, though ...

... I like it, I'm a big fan of T.M.Revolution and Nishikawa's voice, and I really like how he use it in 'abingdon' now (more rockish ). Well, the full song is amazing, yes I like it more than 'Innocent sorrow' itself, and as somebody says it really fits in the mood of the show and even Hei's personality! ^^

As for the OP sequence, I'll wait till thursday to see how it'll fit in the series ^_^
Old 2007-04-05, 15:50   Link #168
orion

So sad...Sony got the OP removed from YouTube. But the raw is out now!
Old 2007-04-05, 16:03   Link #169
Takanome

Just thought I'd share: Darker Than Black HQ Opening:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d802l4

Last edited by Takanome; 2007-04-05 at 16:17.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:04   Link #170
chupacabra

After watching the raw, i would say it's good so far but i didn't like that the main story was split into 2 episodes because it lets you with a ton of questions between other things.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:07   Link #171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I know what you mean. The OST is definitely on my wish list.
I know what you mean --- i haven't even heard the musical score for the series yet, but its Yoko Kanno, thats all i need to know. As for a OST release --- give it a few episodes before something appears. Thats if the OST doesn't come with the first DVD.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:21   Link #172
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanome View Post
Just thought I'd share: Darker Than Black HQ Opening:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d802l4
That makes up for the OP being taken off YouTube! Thanks~
Old 2007-04-05, 16:55   Link #173
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-05, 17:06   Link #174
orion

I agree with cmage. Thanks a lot!
Old 2007-04-05, 17:17   Link #175
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Spoiler:
Based on the OP, I've decided they're hyping the show based on Hei. We see the other characters for about a second each, but there's lots of Hei walking, being angsty, and even being exhausted. I'm wondering if it'll be all about the bad-ass bishounen.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:44   Link #176
DangerMouse

I really do love studio Bones, the first episode may not be ultra flashy but talk about smooth and solid with nothing to take you out of the animation, pure Bones (their signature smooth animation character designs no matter whose art they are adapting are still a favorite of mine and here too), the action scene at the beginning was nicely animated I thought as well.

I thought Kanno's music was just as amazing as I expected, though the first episode had less incidental (I think that's the right word?) music than I expected (ie more moments with no music so it might be worth waiting for episode two to really judge the soundtrack) which was perhaps nice since the choices of when to use the music in DTB's first ep reminded me of Bebop, when her music was called for it was typically awesome and rather lengthy hence my Bebop comparison with long sequences of great music. Particularly the first action song which built up nicely for several minutes, which an extended version of the beginning of worked wonderfully as the chase song at the end, and the "town song" that started at the end of the meeting (awesomely Kanno-esque so probably my favorite). The short bit of the dramatic piece at the end was pretty nice too but too short to really judge on it's own without taking the scene into account.

I like Hei but I do hope the other characters will get enough close attention to be very memorable too (the cat needs to be cool too lol, I like how he broke up the chase giving the girl a head start even though they really didn't give anything away with Mao's character yet heh), that's always been one of my favorite features of Bones shows (and the other 3 members besides Hei seem rather interesting too and the police characters seem like good supporting ones) and we've got 26 episodes. Bebop may have been about Spike but the other crew members got their episodes too, same with FMA, Eureka 7 (with the amount of time Renton got early on I was quite pleased how much the other characters got built up later), Wolf's Rain.

It sounds like Hei's sold the show to the female fans already lol.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-04-05 at 18:14.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:44   Link #177
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

More caps if you want them, but I don't say anything interesting.
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=38

I was kind of overall disappointed. I came out of the first episode more confused than interested. And I'll echo Omni's thoughts that for a Yoko Kanno scored show, the music wasn't anything particularly special. I actually preferred the first segment with the battle between the psychics to following Chiaki running around and 'randomly' running into Hei multiple times. That was just me though.

I think it's well worth watching another few episodes and was well done all around, but I was expecting greatness and my impression from episode one is simply good. *shrug*

Last edited by aroduc; 2007-04-05 at 18:04.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:44   Link #178
Joojoobees

Just checked out the raw and it really is impressive. Visually almost every shot is a treat. I found myself marveling at just the shots of street traffic. The character designs ALL look great. Reaction shots really convey emotion. The BGM sounds great, too, of course, with a variety of moods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
the "town song" that started at the end of the meeting
Yes! that was excellent!

This is going to be a show to be savored.
Old 2007-04-05, 18:04   Link #179
dxgarten

Episode 01 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-05, 18:11   Link #180
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Excellent first episode. I liked the attention to minutiae even in the most umimportant of scenes.

Despite earlier reports, this series doesn't seem to be episodic yet, since the storyline from episode one would carry over. Still, I liked the deliberate pacing that Darker than Black took and the fact that they are taking their time before revealing all the flashbang they've got in store.

The opening scene was almost completely in the previews, but the rest of the episode was mostly new and quite surprising stuff. I never expected for them to present Hei in this manner.

Looking forward to more quality stuff from BONES.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural