AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-08, 05:46   Link #161
Sides

New content up.
The patch/update is over 1GB big and adds the floating islands.
One mayor change is, that the timer for most timed quest has been extended, making it much more easier. Some quests are extended up to 45min, which were previously 20 or 22min. This means you can solo,without NPCs, all quest to access new maps.

Almost got my butt kicked by this fella, but me and another player managed to beat this boosted quartz dragon on first attempt. Some of his area attacks are devastating and can wipe out your party, if they have weak defenses or low HP.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 06:18   Link #162
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Has there been any news if they're thinking about implementing other weapon types like twin daggers in-game? I feel dissatisfied with all the weapon types they have in the game or are we stuck with what we have originally?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 06:25   Link #163
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Has there been any news if they're thinking about implementing other weapon types like twin daggers in-game? I feel dissatisfied with all the weapon types they have in the game or are we stuck with what we have originally?
Five new weapons categories will be introduced in the autumn update, that is the big update that will also introduce the next level cap (50)
Old 2012-08-08, 06:53   Link #164
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

phantasy-star-online-2-is-now-japan-only-sorry

=/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 07:08   Link #165
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
JP servers of PSUniverse had the same thing but it didn't stop anyone playing it. Is not an IP ban, just an update for the ToS that might scare off some people. If we do become unable to play in the future, then so be it. But for now, I go by the logic that talking about this at all just proves that you are one of those people breaking the ToS and if by any chance you're caught, you might be in trouble. Not like anything could happen... but I do think being antsy about this on any official or unofficial board is a bit like telling SoJ "hey I am a foreigner playing JP and you want me not to play?" just to have them wipe you out. I wouldn't have posted if we weren't on AS though... oh well.

Btw. sorry that I never added you, Drake. I've actually been soloing a lot and have started to play TERA as well now. With the next chance I will look ya up in the visiphone!
Old 2012-08-08, 07:21   Link #166
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahaha, At first I was like Wow, are they going to be that selfish? But It turns out to just be for the japanese version. Tho I would like a better reason than "Because" What about the japaese over here in america? That's some pretty low stuff.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:34   Link #167
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Tho I would like a better reason than "Because" What about the japaese over here in america? That's some pretty low stuff.
Yesterday I saw a party comment saying "Japanese only". Is that reason enough? At least for them, it probably is. Either way it's "just the ToS". It's like a "smoking kills" line on cigarette packs. By the time you read it you already smoke, and in this case, play. So yeah... if you started, why stop?
Old 2012-08-10, 01:51   Link #168
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I think you mean PSP2 Infinity.
No, I don't. Phantasy Star Portable 2 seems to fix everything already.
Old 2012-08-10, 05:19   Link #169
Sides

Yeah, managed to rank no.1 yesterday at one of those interruption ranking things ^^. Got a Laurel Wreath, Gold medal and some fun points are reward. Not sure how I managed that, but I am chuffed. I reckon it might be the dark ragnes people left behind on the maps...

BTW, Sakai just made a post addressing the change in the ToS, on the official Phantasy Star blog. source Phantasy Star blog
Basically in short, if you want to play the game, just behave. So stop using offensive art, language/words and no hacking. If we get banned it is really just because of these attention seeking individuals.
I have a character over on ship 2, some of the stuff I see over there is really offensive, not just language, but the picture they use in those speech bubbles. Apparently there are people on ship10 as well who are doing this kind of stuff. What can I say is just report them and try to avoid those blocks.

The next update will add some new features, like the mentioned higher level cap. However it will also introduce mag devices that changes your mag. If you already visited the PSBlog you will notice Sato mags ^^.
Not 100% certain, but sega are working on allowing people to move from ship-to-ship, unclear is if there is a fee involved and how it will work, but it is a feature that they are working on.

Last edited by Sides; 2012-08-10 at 09:14.
Old 2012-08-10, 16:53   Link #170
Seihai
スマイリウム

Oh, congratulations, nice job! What's a Laurel Wreath? And how many FUN points did you get?

Ship 2 Block 20 is the worst, it is really shameful. My whole team usually stays away from Block 20 (also because of the hacking issue from before).

Level cap can come, oh yeah! And I am looking forward to the MAG devices, too... just hope that I will be able to get one. The moving ships sounds like good news.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:53   Link #171
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been in block 20 of ship 2 quite a few times and there never really seems to be much going on besides the usual squad of tiny children who congregate by the mission counters but I've never really seen anything offensive to speak of, although that might be up to the times I log on more than anything.

I usually just stay in whatever random deck I spawn on when I log in unless I get stuck on a quest and need some english speaking backup.

Old 2012-08-11, 03:19   Link #172
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Oh, congratulations, nice job! What's a Laurel Wreath? And how many FUN points did you get?
You could probably describe a Laurel Wreath as a crown made out of bay laurel. It is basically a reference to the (ancient) Olympic games, where the winners were crowned with it.
I think it is 300 FUN points, 3 x 100 tickets. It is worth checking your in-game mailbox, I noticed that I won, just because someone was sending me a mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I've been in block 20 of ship 2 quite a few times and there never really seems to be much going on besides the usual squad of tiny children who congregate by the mission counters but I've never really seen anything offensive to speak of, although that might be up to the times I log on more than anything.

I usually just stay in whatever random deck I spawn on when I log in unless I get stuck on a quest and need some english speaking backup.
Think some people have been banned, so it might have cleared up a bit. They used to spam the block with obscene and rude symbol arts, foul language, and shouting racist jokes, besides using offensive words as character names, and doing nothing than just leave them in the lobby area so everyone can see what they have managed to do. And I am not talking just about just using words in english, but also in japanese and other languages.
To be fair some of the symbol arts are well done, I give you that, but if you have that much talent, why not use it for something useful, rather than annoying other people. But the biggest annoyance is that most of them don't really play the game, they just use their low level characters to annoy people. Having said that this is also true with some japanese "gamers", that use some smart arse comments in japanese, when they see characters using latin alphabet. But in both cases you never really know if they are really westerner or japanese people.
Old 2012-08-17, 04:49   Link #173
Sides

I have nothing better to do, so I made some videos, enjoy. I notice for some reason they is a slight audio delay with them, once I got it up on youtube...

Spoiler for Rockbear:

Spoiler for Vol Dragon:

Spoiler for Snow Banshee & Banther:

Spoiler for Big Varda:

I'm going to try recording the other bosses, depending on the average time I need to defeat them, captures takes up a lot of HDD space unfortunately.

Last edited by Sides; 2012-08-18 at 07:22.
Old 2012-08-18, 15:24   Link #174
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Finally managed to level my MAG up enough to unlock a photon blast =3

Came in handy for the Ark Urban Defense mission this evening that had some big bug boss at the end that I managed to blitz (huzzah!).

Anyway at the minute though I'm having trouble clearing the caves "subdue the Caterdran in 25 minutes with S-rank" mission as I either run out of time (due to constant Emergency mission or locked gate interruptions =s) or I don't get an S rank at the end as I had to run past groups of enemies to make up lost time...

Can anyone offer me any tips or suggestions =] ?

Old 2012-08-18, 15:47   Link #175
Sides

If you put npcs, that is if you cannot find players to help you, into your party you will get more spawns on the maps, making it easier to achieve the S-rank condition. So this means you should be able to split the time in half, 10min on the maps killing things and 10min for the mini boss. Zeno or Ohza are the ones you want in your party, as they can do decent damage on Caterdran, besides being good bait.

If you are on ship 2 or 10, I can join your party. I do have a character on ship2, that I rarely use, but she is already at level 20-something.
But the best way is to find people to help you, because in the later missions you have face similar conditions, which is even harder to achieve solo, unless you are over-leveled and have decent equipment.
Old 2012-08-18, 17:07   Link #176
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I usually solo but I have tried a full part of NPC's and while I can roll through the stages with the less hassle it seems the larger the party the more enemy encounters and emergency missions there will be, is there a limit to how many enemies you need to kill to achieve an S rank ?

My equipment is pretty good for my level (all 7-8 star) and I'm on ship 2 so if your in the neighborhood I'm usually deck 12 and sometimes 20 and my character is -Drake- player ID: Drakeuk.

Old 2012-08-18, 18:55   Link #177
Sides

I'll try to be on tomorrow morning on ship2, character name is rizzla, cannot recall my ID ^^. I'll look for you on block 12.
ID is Gabbro, Character Rizzla

Last edited by Sides; 2012-08-19 at 03:03.
Old 2012-08-21, 09:20   Link #178
Sides

I try taping a solo duel fight with quartz dragon last weekend. Unfortunately it was boosted twice(?), so it took much much longer to take him/her down than I thought. So video turned out being around 22min, with a lot of running around and me using a toothpick to hit him/her. I had to reduce the bitrate, else an upload would have taken me half a day, so quality is really bad.
Spoiler for Quartz Dragon boosted:
Old 2012-08-29, 02:22   Link #179
Sides

New update is up. New things are: new matter board and new time attack stage, on the sand planet.
Old 2012-08-30, 08:39   Link #180
Seihai
スマイリウム

Just thought I'd share this:

Who knew you could simply bypass laser fences?

Tags
pc-windows