Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-01, 09:56   Link #721
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
And if you want to be taken seriously about anything like that, you should post sources.
the catch is, the source is from some japanese yuri bbs
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 10:02   Link #722
overfiend

This question is for those who've read the manga. How far along is it? Has the anime been generally faithful to the manga, or has it gone in an entirely different direction like Steel Angel Kurumi?
overfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 10:48   Link #723
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I think Chikane is flipping loony in the manga. Souma's going to win in that one for sure.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 13:36   Link #724
SilverPheonix
Herold of Chaos

Location: Somewhere in the vast infinate Multiverse 'come to think of it! WHERE THE HELL AM I NOW!?!?'
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by insj
Spoiler:

(err...keep getting mixed up with the K and the H in KnM )
Spoiler:

just wanted to add my thoughts on this
SilverPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 16:51   Link #725
overfiend

Interesting. I'll have to watch episode 7 again. And that would explain why Chikane has a sword thrust through her heart during Sensei's monologue in episode 9.

If I recall correctly, honor is said to live in the belly, which is why a samurai would cut his gut open during seppoku. Why do women stab themselves in the heart?
Old 2004-12-01, 17:04   Link #726
SilverPheonix
Herold of Chaos

Location: Somewhere in the vast infinate Multiverse 'come to think of it! WHERE THE HELL AM I NOW!?!?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by overfiend
Interesting. I'll have to watch episode 7 again. And that would explain why Chikane has a sword thrust through her heart during Sensei's monologue in episode 9.

If I recall correctly, honor is said to live in the belly, which is why a samurai would cut his gut open during seppoku. Why do women stab themselves in the heart?
Spoiler:
SilverPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:31   Link #727
overfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPheonix
Spoiler:
I figured it was something like that. Which makes me wonder about that panel in the manga.

<breaks out Vol 1>

Covered in blood, yes, but hasn't fallen on her sword yet. Let me see. "Moon in the rotting shrine..." Am I reading that right?

Well off to study then to watch ep 7 again. TTFN.
Old 2004-12-01, 17:33   Link #728
Sokar

Just watched ep 9 and I have to say WTF
Spoiler:
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 18:06   Link #729
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by overfiend
I sometimes see Japanese noble ladies killing themselves (in movies) by cutting off (or biting through) their tongues.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 19:00   Link #730
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
the catch is, the source is from some japanese yuri bbs
Which gives it zero proof to being true. Besides the fact that you've failed to give us the URL so we could check ourselves (You don't think others reading here can''t read Japanese, do you?), just the fact that it was made on a Japanese board proves nothing. Japan has its share of idiots like any other country. Just because a Japanese said it doesn't make it true.

The anime and manga are diverging pretty fast I'd say overfiend. General events are the same I suppose, but the details vary wildly.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 19:16   Link #731
DeuceTrick

At this point, I'd like an ending where Himeko and Souma are about to be married, but then Chikane is standing at the window pounding and screaming "HIMEKO! HIMEKO!" And Himeko, of course, runs out of the cathedral and into Chikane's arms as everyone starts to chase them.

Ah... Yeah, that would be awesome. Alas, not to be.

It could be that the director of the anime is trying to reconnect the show to the source manga, in which case Chikane just snapped and I'm definitely not going to like the ending. But as it stands, it looks like they're setting up for a major redemption play, with Chikane and Souma at center stage.

The badassery of Souma's brother makes up for everyone else's faults. That deep, rich voice and the whole "do your duty" attitude is such a turn on-- and I'm a straight guy.
DeuceTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 19:27   Link #732
lolicon

Quote:
Which gives it zero proof to being true. Besides the fact that you've failed to give us the URL so we could check ourselves (You don't think others reading here can''t read Japanese, do you?), just the fact that it was made on a Japanese board proves nothing. Japan has its share of idiots like any other country. Just because a Japanese said it doesn't make it true.

The anime and manga are diverging pretty fast I'd say overfiend. General events are the same I suppose, but the details vary wildly.
Ummm... dude. His post was a JOKE. A sarcastic response. NOT SERIOUS. Just calm down.

Anyways...

Spoiler:

I think most of the appeal of this show comes from the fact that no one has any idea what the writers were smoking when they wrote this. Its almost like watching some sort of surreal comedy anime, except instead of trying to be silly and random, they tried to be serious and melodramatic.
lolicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:16   Link #733
The Yellow Dwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
I believe Chikane developed another personality when she recovered her memories of the past life.

It should be interesting when Himeko recovers hers as well...
orz
(Hehe...i'm actually learning something useful here, such as japanese emoticons )

You sir, continue to amaze me with some of the best predictions I have seen. This really makes it a lot easier to fill in the gaps of where the rest of the series is going. I can just hear what the "new Himeko" will say and how everything will go from there, and it's so anime.

Last edited by The Yellow Dwarf; 2004-12-01 at 23:41.
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:01   Link #734
dreamless

Quote:

of course, that's exactly why I say it's "the catch" and I'm not motivated enough to track down the source, beyond the guy who posted it saying it's from a yuri bbs. If you are so interested, you can go here to ask that guy who posted it for the source yourself

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-12-02 at 07:11.
Old 2004-12-02, 04:17   Link #735
ati

I think we should wait until all ep. release however I vote for Chikane ,she is so cool for me
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 06:37   Link #736
LK_LoA

People like Chikane because she turns evil?!? How shallow. =P
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 09:32   Link #737
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

I just thought of another possible ending to KnM:

Himeko regaining the memories of her former reincarnation would mean that she also remembers how everything happened last time -- she was killed (sacrificed maybe?), probably in order to defeat the Orochi. Being submissive and selfless as she is, she'll try to repeat the history and sacrifice herself once again in the temple seen in the flashbacks (wherever it is). So Souma and Himeko go to the temple (Souma of course not knowing what Himeko has in mind). Seeing as Chikane will certainly be at the temple too, Souma and Chikane start to fight for their beloved sun priestess, while unbeknownst to them Himeko is preparing for the ritual. Then Chikane notices what Himeko is doing and being so much in love with her turns the tables this time and instead of letting Himeko be sacrificed, she sacrifices herself. Then Himeko's power will cure Souma, together they defeat what evil is left and voila -- one semi-happy ending.

Of course this might be only a delirious product of my Chikane-disliking mind. That way she'll at least have an honourable and self-redeeming way to die.
furigana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 10:10   Link #738
Takemi_Ikazuchi

As much as Oogami would like to settle the score, the one who will eventually "defeat" Chikane is Himeko.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 10:13   Link #739
Marine-RX179

Is this still the Kannaduki no Miko forum topic? For a min I thought I've entered fan-fiction zone by mistake.....with all the prediction people are making lol
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 10:16   Link #740
dreamless

well, at least they are Kannaduki no Miko fan-fics

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri