AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 22:00   Link #61
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This anime so cute and Sakuno getting lost in the first episode and in a towel just so cute

But what is with that teacher hiding like that
Old 2011-10-06, 22:34   Link #62
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
This anime so cute and Sakuno getting lost in the first episode and in a towel just so cute

But what is with that teacher hiding like that
Probably to emphasize that a lot of people aren't comfortable with the guys in the school.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 22:56   Link #63
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Probably to emphasize that a lot of people aren't comfortable with the guys in the school.
uncomfortable is an understatement. she's downright terrified
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 23:01   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
uncomfortable is an understatement. she's downright terrified
Well... "terrified" probably makes it sound a bit more serious than it is (in that you can it's played for laughs here). She's supposed to be androphobic, and that worked for her as a teacher up to now given that she worked at an all-girls private school. But yes, it's to help emphasize that this school "isn't a place for boys" (per Airi).
Old 2011-10-06, 23:28   Link #65
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

- I enjoyed the episode, the pacing didn't bother me.

- The OP is a very nice pop track, though I hoped Manglobe would've gotten a bit more creative with the visuals.

- Most of the characters so far are quite down-to-earth, which is nice. But I haven't met the school characters yet...

Minor nitpicks:
- I really dislike the "sparkly" sound effect used whenever Shingo meets a beautiful girl for the first time.
- The town seems to be very, very empty.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 00:01   Link #66
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- I enjoyed the episode, the pacing didn't bother me.

- The OP is a very nice pop track, though I hoped Manglobe would've gotten a bit more creative with the visuals.

- Most of the characters so far are quite down-to-earth, which is nice. But I haven't met the school characters yet...

Minor nitpicks:
- I really dislike the "sparkly" sound effect used whenever Shingo meets a beautiful girl for the first time.
I enjoyed this first episode too. I agree with a lot of what you said so far. Yeah, the town feels empty. I liked the characters so far especially the stepsister Sakuno. The visuals were alright for me.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 00:21   Link #67
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I have to sort of agree with this too. I love the song, but the visuals aren't terribly interesting or inspiring, and a bit of repetitive. Sort of egregious was how the "sketch heart" that all the girls were holding at the end was basically an animated GIF that was zoomed in and blurred when the director's name was shown, and then zoomed-out again for the hand. All in all, I certainly don't dislike it, and it has nice shots of the characters, but yeah... I think the song is better than the visuals that accompany it.

Quote:
Yes, I noticed this too. Also how apparently, despite the crowds on their way to school, nobody else arrived after Shingo and crew, and all the hallways in the school were completely devoid of people walking around (was school in session?)... although for some reason Miu was still out in the courtyard playing with Pannya. Well, if they have to prioritize, I guess it's better to cut down on the background characters, and at least make the main characters look nice and on-model as much as possible, so it didn't bother me too much.
Old 2011-10-07, 01:12   Link #68
Wrath88
Kissing...

Mmm... I'd say it's only moderately interesting as of the first episode. And I agree as well, the town seems to be very empty...

That cat is cute though...
Old 2011-10-07, 01:27   Link #69
Marina2

So, I will make a fun prediction on “who is going to win?” based on first ep. of anime only and my experience with harem anime. ( I didn’t play a game)

Character Analysis

.................................................. ............

Sakuno

Class: Sister

Sub-class: Shy(?) and soft-spoken girl

Positive Flag/advantage

- Being Sister (one of the best winning condition, sister is mostly win in this kind of anime, 75% chance)
- First girl who appeared (one of winning condition, 60% chance)
- Stay in the same house as MC (+20% chance of winning
- MC care a lot about her (+50% chance of winning)
- One of two main girls (+50% chance of winning)

Negative flag/Disadvantage

- Being sister (both blood or non blood related) = Moral wall (Relationship can’t progress until the very end)

Analysis

I think she will stay as normal sister about first half of anime then develop her feeling toward MC in later half. As she is a sister type character, the chance of being winner is very high. Her main rivals will be Airi and (maybe) Miu.

Conclusion: 80% chance of win
……………………………………………………………………

Airi

Class: ?

Sub class: Tsundere

Positive Flag/advantage

- One of two main girls (+60% chance)
- Not a childhood friend
- MC has good first impression with her (50% chance)
- Not in a good term with MC at first (+50% chance)
- Tsundere (one of high chance wining sub class)

- Her “tsundere” will prevent her from developing relationship with MC at first

Analysis

As one of two main girls, she already have high chance of winning. Moreover, she is not a “childhood friend” which mean she doesn’t have to worry about “Sister” skill called “childhood friend killer” (You know, childhood friend always lose to sister LOL). I predict that she will stay “tsun tsun” at first then goes” dere dere” in later.

Conclusion: 80% chance of wining
……………………………………………………………………

Miu

Class: Sempai,

Subclass: Kind and warm-heart girl ?

Positive Flag/advantage

- MC (seems )interest in her (+50% chance)
- Beautiful and kind (+40% chance)
- Popular in game version (by player) ( I heard that from somewhere) +40% chance
- She has “mascot” with her (+10% chance) (LOL)
- Sempai (+30% chance)
- Her hair isn’t red ^^

- Being Sempai

Analysis

In term of winning chance, Miu comes in the third place. She can easily attract MC even she doesn’t do anything due to her beauty and her kindness. However, due to her personality, she won’t play active role in trying to catch MC heart.MC need to be the one who open to her. This would be hard in later half of series where Sakuno and Airi start to move and distract MC from her. Also, sempai type character is often lost more than win in harem anime, so she needs some luck.

Conclusion: 70-75% chance of wining

P.S. I guess her personality from the first ep only, so it might be wrong.

……………………………..

Sana Inui

Class: Classmate ?

Subclass: Normal girl ?

Positive Flag/advantage

- Friendly with MC

- Red hair (Lost condition)

Too less info right now.
.................................................. ....

Angelina Nanatsu Sewell

Class: Maid

Subclass: Cheerful girl

Positive Flag/advantage

- Play active role toward MC (+50%)
- Cheerful (+30%)
- Maid!!! (+30%)

- High chance to get friend zoned………

Analysis

Normally, this type of character won’t win in anime adaption…….but I can see she will get along with MC very well, as a friend.

Conclusion: 40% chance of wining
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 01:50   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is to let the game players know that I have created a game thread now, so we can discuss the game (and the anime in context of the game) over there. I put a few observations to start it off. As per the usual policy, we will try to keep this thread devoid of any hints about future content. (And if you choose for some reason to spoil yourself on the anime by reading that other thread, I would ask and insist that you do the same in terms of keeping this thread free of inappropriate spoilers.)
Old 2011-10-07, 04:55   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Not really enjoyed this. Well , it's the same run.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:24   Link #72
Qikz

I really enjoyed that first episode, and you say there's a game? I'll have to play it sometime. <333
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:31   Link #73
Echoes

I really enjoyed the first episode as well.

The first half of the episode, where he looked for his sister in the rainy night, was very well done. It felt incredibly warm and soothing, and gave a compelling introduction to the main trio. The bath scene was pretty cliched, but I should expect a few of those, and that was really my only complaint. The rest of the episode was excellent, and I'm eager to see more.

The character designs are downright beautiful as well, gorgeous stuff.
Old 2011-10-07, 06:44   Link #74
mizou
Observer

Please on the pv before the release of the tv anime, a song was playing, I supposed that it will be the op or ed, but it isn't both of them. Is it from the pc/psp game ?
Old 2011-10-07, 07:43   Link #75
hyl
reading #hikaributts

No, the song from the pv is not a song that i have heard before and i own the OST from the game. It's probably an insert song or an alternative opening/ending song (maybe like Hanasaku Iroha) and I think it's the 2nd track of the opening single Authentic Symphony
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 10:27   Link #76
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quite liked that, decent if not a good start to what is my fill of VN anime this season.

From what I gather I hope the story centers around this conflict of the schools coming together rather than any of the weird, magical and mythical stuff VN love to have.

While I have no problems with the pacing this 1st ep I will say it was a little slow I can see that some may have a concern for that but I kinda doubt it will be like that for later eps.

Now anyone else really digging the blue uniforms, it's something different from all the white/black/red/ usual stuff.
Old 2011-10-07, 17:16   Link #77
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

This episode really confused me.....

Episode was going so well, flowed perfectly. Music was superb, everything was hitting the right spots...then all of a sudden, the chick RANDOMLY turns into not only a Tsundere, but an asshole. I was left confused as hell, like "where the f$%k did that come from?"

Otherwise good first episode, just didn't like how they made her seem like a very calm and nice character, then just randomly transformed her into a bitch.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 17:35   Link #78
hyl
reading #hikaributts

You will understand Airi better if you watch more episodes.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 17:45   Link #79
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
This episode really confused me.....

Episode was going so well, flowed perfectly. Music was superb, everything was hitting the right spots...then all of a sudden, the chick RANDOMLY turns into not only a Tsundere, but an asshole. I was left confused as hell, like "where the f$%k did that come from?"

Otherwise good first episode, just didn't like how they made her seem like a very calm and nice character, then just randomly transformed her into a bitch.
It's not as random as you're making out.

Even though Airi was nice and caring towards Shingo and Sakuno, she made it damn well clear that the student body (her included) would not accept the arrangements now in place.

When Airi was with Shingo and Sakuno at first, there was no indication to her that the latter two were part of her school as test students, so thus there was no animosity from her towards the pair of them. How could there be? She'd only just met them.

However, as I said earlier, Airi (and the students of the school) had no intention of allowing a merger (as after all, it's an all girls school). Please note as well though, that her resolve was somewhat knocked when she realised it was Shingo and Sakuno. I believe that Airi Sena feels no hatred towards the test students - though her actions may suggest otherwise. It wouldn't be impossible to suggest that she falls in love in Shingo Uryuu, but still disagree with the merger - it is the concept that she despises, not those involved as a result of the concept.

When you detest something so much, you are more than likely to act very differently than when around friends, right? Works the same here.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 18:13   Link #80
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

But that does not change the fact it was completely random for us, the viewer. Installing the idea that her and the entire body was against this in the final 3-4 mins of the show was a poor way of pacing. Should have just kept it for the next episode, or better would have been to let us see her not happy with this BEFORE her meet-up with him in the park. Then when us the viewers realized he would be going to her school, we'd be anticipating the climax at the end.

But the way it was done, it was completely out the left field....
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen