AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 21:28   Link #401
MasterVampire

I havnt seen the other To Love Ru series but has Rito ever actually kissed any of the girls before?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:32   Link #402
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I havnt seen the other To Love Ru series but has Rito ever actually kissed any of the girls before?
I remember one.. in her male form....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:42   Link #403
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Don't know... by this is it...
TastYui by Wata 120 Percent. I never quite thought it did justice to Yui (body proportions and such).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 06:30   Link #404
Seiryuu

Spoiler for Coomparison to the manga:

I was surprised by ep 2 as well. I haven't seen all that much of the series, but from what I've seen Mikan's always been used as a tease by the animators, almost showing things without really showing them (take the prequel OVA for example, where they make her shirt fall far enough that it's just barely hidden, even though she's more developed than Nana). In ep 2, judging by the censorship, it looks like they might have finally given up on that and just shown things as they are. In either case, with the way they try to diminish the ecchi stuff for Mikan, I wonder how they'll handle the scenario from chapter 8...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-21 at 13:44.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 11:11   Link #405
Xagzan

Wait, this is THAT Yui episode? Ok, time to go watch~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
TastYui by Wata 120 Percent. I never quite thought it did justice to Yui (body proportions and such).
Amen to that sister.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 12:21   Link #406
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:
Wouldn't doubt that either, as Momo shows herself to be the most forward out of any of the girls. Far more forward than Lala.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-21 at 13:44.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 13:12   Link #407
Xagzan

Blast! No uncensored version? Why do I seem to remember seeing a Mikan episode uncensored recently? The one where she gets Celine's flower stuck on her head an gets all hot for Rito. That didn't have these evil bars of light and dark I'm seeing now
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 13:19   Link #408
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Blast! No uncensored version? Why do I seem to remember seeing a Mikan episode uncensored recently? The one where she gets Celine's flower stuck on her head an gets all hot for Rito. That didn't have these evil bars of light and dark I'm seeing now
That was an OVA, with panty shots galore.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 13:33   Link #409
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
It was an OVA to get you interested in the new season and also a prologue

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:07   Link #410
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
It was an OVA to get you interested in the new season and also a prologue
The OVA like the TV anime promote the manga... late-night anime themselves rarely can cover their production cost.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 17:27   Link #411
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The OVA like the TV anime promote the manga... late-night anime themselves rarely can cover their production cost.
yeah i really have no idea what is what

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 03:24   Link #412
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

I think I've been blinded by all the rays of light
Old 2012-10-22, 12:26   Link #413
rafael1932
claymores pimp

The lights just mess around with the joke itself. Somehow is less funny.
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 05:17   Link #414
Seiryuu

Seriously. I'm OK with them keeping the special parts hidden until the BD (do not open 'til Christmas...), but as I've said with other series that do similar things, these are way too intrusive. And hiding a girl's panties or bare butt on the left side of the screen shouldn't conceal trees and buildings far to the right. They need to do one of two things, either come up with less-intrusive or more realistic censor techniques than random laser beams, or abandon that and just use something small but effective to cover only the necessary locations. In the second case, it doesn't even matter too much if it's silly and out-of-place to me; maybe have a bunch of flying Pekes suddenly appear over the target location. It's obvious and a little silly, but still less intrusive than beams of light and darkness blotting out half of the screen on account of objects that take up around 1-10%.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 06:53   Link #415
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was obvious they couldn't air it as it was on TV anyway, so Xebec should have made two versions: the uncensored version for the BD release and a special version for TV with clever censorship, like... just leaving the girls in their underwear. I had thought about mini pekes to hide the naughty bits too. Lots of anime used to use mascots like that back in the day.
Old 2012-10-23, 07:39   Link #416
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Why? Highschool DXD is far more explicit and nothing was censored on the ATX broadcast!!
Is the Executive Producer sleeping with Ishihara or something?
Old 2012-10-23, 13:27   Link #417
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Why? Highschool DXD is far more explicit and nothing was censored on the ATX broadcast!!
Is the Executive Producer sleeping with Ishihara or something?
Well there was one shot of Rias's butt in DxD, Episode 1 that was censored. Aside from that nothing else. THANK GOD!!
Old 2012-10-26, 13:02   Link #418
Midonin
Last Engage

To Love Ru Pinkness 04 - The Third Party's Issues

The mood of the first three episodes was pretty consistent, but this marks the first real gear shift into a direction the original series never really went to. An enemy that's definitely not comedic, and put up a pretty good fight before being taken down. I'm quite intrigued by what the end of the episode was implying - that Yami may be the one with a bloody past, but she's really sweet at heart. While Momo - with her pink hair and cute little sister demeanor, gives the movers and shakers of the galaxy a run for their money for reasons that don't have much to do with her being a princess.

The lightheartedness is still generally there, of course. The school hijinks were as perverted as ever, and I got a laugh out of the Nana bra scene. Lala's basically content with her lot in life, and Momo's doing grander things, but Nana's kind of been pushed aside in all this, cursed with a flat chest and no real direction. I'm sure she still has her role to play, but I'm curious what, precisely, that role is.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 13:05   Link #419
leorodri100

well well, To be honest, while I enjoyed this chapter in the manga I had REALLY low expectations to this episode, reason? the fight scene.

don't get me wrong I love XBEC eyecandy and seyuus but I really did not think they could animate a serious fight, especially with good animation, well I was wrong, not only they did a good animation, the seyuu did awesome job as well and there even is a extra scene in the fight.

it was really nicely done by xebec standards

But, its plain to see it was hard for them to do so, in the first half of the episode there were lots of still shoots and some characters looks disprorpotional

production aside

the best part of the episode is MOMO-SAMA YANDERE MODE

also, if XEBEC follows this pace (2 chapters for episode) the anime will end at chapter 22, but if they covervthat...the most important..is without doubt

[mod edit: removed spoiler about future content]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-26 at 23:30. Reason: No future content spoilers, even behind spoiler tags. See Spoiler Policy.
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 14:28   Link #420
marconii2002

Screenshot of 4 episode

Spoiler for 4 episode:
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, harem, romantic comedy