AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 11:01   Link #1241
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr0nicz420 View Post
I have a question about Sasami's route.

Spoiler for Sasasasasegawa:

Since Sasami's route takes place after Refrain, most likely that's treated as a sequel of LB but only a single route. Therefore her route is also canon.

But that also means SasamiXRiki is canon?
If that was so then Kud Wafter would be canon...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 11:17   Link #1242
Chr0nicz420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If that was so then Kud Wafter would be canon...
That was just only a continuation to Kud's route just like Tomoyo After from Tomoyo's route. So that isn't canon.

While Sasami's route is the continuation of Refrain since like I said, Sasami's route takes place after the events of Refrain.
Chr0nicz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 11:39   Link #1243
Zankoku12

There're no definite answers to the case...This has been discussed dozen of times with Kurugaya's true ending.

In Sasami's case,it's like a what if scenario when Riki choose Sasami.
You know ,like if you can continue playing after refrain and get to choose your heroine all over again.Sasami's route is among the possible story this time around.

It might or might not happened,I mean...
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 11:47   Link #1244
Chr0nicz420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
In Sasami's case,it's like a what if scenario when Riki choose Sasami.
You know ,like if you can continue playing after refrain and get to choose your heroine all over again.Sasami's route is among the possible story this time around.

It might or might not happened,I mean...
I believe there's a choice that Riki may not end up with Sasami, meaning just being friends and ending up with Sasami depends on the choices that you made before the climax, but yeah I'm not sure because I can't read moonrunes and I haven't tried that out yet since I'm just following the walkthrough.
Old 2013-03-29, 11:50   Link #1245
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
That was just only a continuation to Kud's route just like Tomoyo After from Tomoyo's route. So that isn't canon.

While Sasami's route is the continuation of Refrain since like I said, Sasami's route takes place after the events of Refrain.
That's the thing, Refrain itself is the continuation of EVERY girl routes and the canon story should end there...well at least in my opinion. Then again I don't consider even EX to be canon...
Old 2013-03-29, 12:02   Link #1246
Zankoku12

Whatever the result of Sasami's route turn out to be,Riki's canon lover is Rin whoever you choose to be.

Quote:
the canon story should end there
See? Even he admitted Kurugaya's true end doesn't count as canon
JK
Old 2013-03-29, 12:06   Link #1247
Mazyrian

I think you are taking a too strict definition of canon. Unlike other Key games, here all the original routes actually happened in the same continuity, but for the other routes (the EX ones, Kurugaya true, Kud Wafter), I think we should use the same interpretation as in other Key games (and most VNs): they all happen in different universes, or are different possibilities; they're all canon in their own ways. The only thing that I wouldn't consider canon is the Muscle Sensation ending.
Old 2013-03-29, 12:09   Link #1248
Chr0nicz420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post

See? Even he admitted Kurugaya's true end doesn't count as canon
JK
When he said that, that also mean Kurugaya's True End isn't canon.

Quote:
Then again I don't consider even EX to be canon...
Then the existence of the EX routes except Saya loses its purpose.

They should have just create a new game which that totally differs from the LB story like Rewrite Harvest Festa and that dedicates to the EX routes so we can say they aren't canon.
Old 2013-03-29, 12:32   Link #1249
Zankoku12

Quote:
When he said that, that also mean Kurugaya's True End isn't canon
Well yeah but let's stop here before he snapped and start killing someone...

Anyway,all I can say is : "Everything Jun Maeda wrote is canon"
Old 2013-03-29, 12:42   Link #1250
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

No! Nonononononono! What I meant was...the original VN is canon...EX and so on aren't :|

KurugayaXRiki fo life foooool
Old 2013-04-02, 20:05   Link #1251
Snuffle
likes cute things

Hey I got a question that's been on my mind ever since I started thinking about how Kousuke's arc is going to be animated. Now I may be remembering incorrectly, but here it goes anyway.

When Kousuke was exiting and re-entering the dream world to crawl to the bus to slow the gas leak (or whatever it was), why did he start from the beginning of his crawl when he was interrupted? (or failed or whatever) Shouldn't every bit of movement he makes in the real world be irreversible since the real world can't be reset?
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 05:48   Link #1252
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Hey I got a question that's been on my mind ever since I started thinking about how Kousuke's arc is going to be animated. Now I may be remembering incorrectly, but here it goes anyway.

When Kousuke was exiting and re-entering the dream world to crawl to the bus to slow the gas leak (or whatever it was), why did he start from the beginning of his crawl when he was interrupted? (or failed or whatever) Shouldn't every bit of movement he makes in the real world be irreversible since the real world can't be reset?
As far as I can remember, it was never really explained...I think it's one of those "Magical world has weird rules...don't ask." kind of things.

I suppose you could say it's not real and he's kind of like (unknowingly) using another dream world to "ready" himself to be able to reach it when the real thing happens.
Or every time he forces himself out of the dream world to move while keeping it still active turns back time once he stops and dies.

That's of course without going into one of the many theories of refrain (that it isn't even real and everyone is already dead anyway) but that's a whole other discussion right there.

But that's Key...they were never the best at fully explaining everything in detail when it comes to their magical and supernatural events.
Old 2013-04-03, 06:42   Link #1253
novalysis

Quote:
That's of course without going into one of the many theories of refrain (that it isn't even real and everyone is already dead anyway) but that's a whole other discussion right there.
In which case, the entire Little Busters dream suddenly begins to feel like some kind of Proto-type of the Angel Beat's world if this was indeed what Maeda had in mind....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 08:31   Link #1254
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I personally think that all of them are canon. In fact, there isn't even proof that it IS the Real World that Riki woke up to and not a more concrete and continuous Dream World Riki and Rin created. >.> Oh Key ambiguity, what can we do without you.

Although Kud Wafter happened when the entire incident didn't happen (I think).
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 16:40   Link #1255
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I personally think that all of them are canon. In fact, there isn't even proof that it IS the Real World that Riki woke up to and not a more concrete and continuous Dream World Riki and Rin created. >.> Oh Key ambiguity, what can we do without you.
There is though.

Spoiler for Drama CD and Refrain spoilers:
Old 2013-04-08, 00:05   Link #1256
novalysis

Quote:
No! Nonononononono! What I meant was...the original VN is canon...EX and so on aren't :|

KurugayaXRiki fo life foooool
I bet you wished they explored a Kurugaya After, rather than going for Kud Wafter....

Actually, why is Kud so popular and Kurugaya less so? As moe and interesting as Kud is as a character, I would have to agree that Kurugaya is literally a Bishoujo size concentration of pure walking awesome.

I actually think the same line of thinking drawing Riki to Kyousuke is the same reason why Riki would be drawn to Kurugaya. Kurugaya x Riki is the hetero-sexual romantic expression of the Bromantic overtones of Kyousuke and Riki's relationship. I always got the sense that Kurugaya is to the girls in Little Busters what Kyousuke is to the boys.

Although, mind you, were Riki and Kurugaya's genders reversed, I think their relationship would look like something straight out of a Shoujo Romance manga with a snarky female main protagonist. And Male! Kurugaya would be quite abit of a male bully.

Sorry. "Hetero-sexual romantic expression" was the best made-up phase I could think off on the spot to make my point.
Old 2013-04-08, 07:09   Link #1257
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I bet you wished they explored a Kurugaya After, rather than going for Kud Wafter....

Actually, why is Kud so popular and Kurugaya less so? As moe and interesting as Kud is as a character, I would have to agree that Kurugaya is literally a Bishoujo size concentration of pure walking awesome.

I actually think the same line of thinking drawing Riki to Kyousuke is the same reason why Riki would be drawn to Kurugaya. Kurugaya x Riki is the hetero-sexual romantic expression of the Bromantic overtones of Kyousuke and Riki's relationship. I always got the sense that Kurugaya is to the girls in Little Busters what Kyousuke is to the boys.

Although, mind you, were Riki and Kurugaya's genders reversed, I think their relationship would look like something straight out of a Shoujo Romance manga with a snarky female main protagonist. And Male! Kurugaya would be quite abit of a male bully.

Sorry. "Hetero-sexual romantic expression" was the best made-up phase I could think off on the spot to make my point.
Of course I would kill for an Anego Afterstory, it didn't even have to be a whole story dedicated to her like Kud Wafter, I'd be happy if they had done something similar to Rewrite (and many other VN) and made a Fan-disc with Afterstories of all heroines set after Refrain.

Two reasons came into play as to why Kud got her won Kud Wafter and Anego didn't:
1- For some reason Kud's popularity in Japan far outweighed that of the other heroines (damn you lolicon bastards);
2- Tomoyo After had already come to existence. Tomoyo and Kurugaya are quite similar characters (especially if you compare them with the other girls in their respective VNs) so they had to appeal to another demographic when making an Afterstory. Plus as far as I am aware, Tomoyo After didn't do that well in sales.

So for now, I'm happy just imagining a Yuiko After in my head...because there is nothing else I can do about it :|
Old 2013-04-08, 09:49   Link #1258
Arczyx
None. ない. Nihil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentatsumi View Post
There is though.

Spoiler for Drama CD and Refrain spoilers:
There isn't a proof the Kyousuke who said that is not a product of Riki's dream though... (more like, there is no proof that our life is not a dream either, like matrix or inception)

...so the ending is not that happy after all...
Old 2013-04-08, 10:00   Link #1259
novalysis

Well, there was the crack theory some pages down that everything in Little Busters - and this includes the original Little Busters themselves is Riki's long term coma dream.
Old 2013-04-08, 10:02   Link #1260
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arczyx View Post
There isn't a proof the Kyousuke who said that is not a product of Riki's dream though... (more like, there is no proof that our life is not a dream either, like matrix or inception)

...so the ending is not that happy after all...
Depends on which theory you support and your point of view on it really.

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel