AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 17:56   Link #101
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

For those that like the SFC/SNES FE games:

Which would you recommend the most? I'm looking to try one out.

You should also know, I'm new to SRPGs, and FE for Wii was the first SRPG I really played, and it is on Easy mode. So, keep difficulty in mind. If there is an easy mode in one that is generally hard, though, I should manage well.

And FE for Wii...I really dig it. It got me into the genre.
Old 2008-03-31, 19:22   Link #102
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

You should also know, I'm new to SRPGs, and FE for Wii was the first SRPG I really played, and it is on Easy mode. So, keep difficulty in mind. If there is an easy mode in one that is generally hard, though, I should manage well.

Well in my personal opinion Fire Emblem Seisen No Keifu is the best game ever made period so I would try that one, but it isn't particularly easy. Lots of army to army combat. It's more handleable than Thracia 776, but some of the clashes can be really tough if you don't know the best way to go about them.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:39   Link #103
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

Send a message via MSN to ZXValaRevan
Well, any Fire Emblem game other than Stones and maybe PoR is gonna be harder than Radiant Dawn, so expect a challenge.
ZXValaRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 13:26   Link #104
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hmmm, I've been meaning to ask, is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Nintendo Wii worth getting as an RPG?
Old 2008-04-01, 15:54   Link #105
Don_Don_Kun
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well in my personal opinion Fire Emblem Seisen No Keifu is the best game ever made period so I would try that one, but it isn't particularly easy. Lots of army to army combat. It's more handleable than Thracia 776, but some of the clashes can be really tough if you don't know the best way to go about them.

Seisen no Keifu (or Fire Emblem 4) is basically one of the best game in the series. Personally, I enjoyed the difficulty setting, the gigantic maps and the story. Even though there are only about 12 chapters (including prologue and final) each chapter takes about 1-3 hours to complete. Plus the skill system from Path of Radience/ Radiant Dawn is present in this game, which adds an extra edge to the strategy. Similar to supports in FE7 - FE10, this game features a parent system. Basically, pairing up two characters (male and female of course ) you can influence the children's growth rates in the second generation.

If you're a newcomer to the series, I wouldn't recomend it, simply because of the sometimes overwhelming difficulty, though experienced gamers will definitely find a good experience.

speaking of sometimes unforgiving....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5Qj4yUdpM

.....Murphy's law...at it's finest
Don_Don_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 02:26   Link #106
TurinTurambar200

I remember Zeus.... One of the most annoying Arena combatants, if I may say so myself.
TurinTurambar200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:15   Link #107
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

Seisen no Keifu easily.

Its considered one of the easiest games in the series actually, theres a few hard points but nothing you can't work around. The thing is it lets you get away with powerleveling quite easily, however alot of the systems in FE4 may seem abit different. The helpful thing though is theres lots of good guides out there for FE4. Oh yes and theres an english patch for that game too.

Only games I can think of easier than FE4 is Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn on their normal modes and Sacred Stones which is considered easy to the point of being a massive fault. The first Fire Emblem on GBA is another excellent game to try out, not to mention I still consider it better than the newer ones. Its sometimes referred to as Blazing Sword or FE7 to prevent confusion since the first GBA FE game was never translated.

Thracia 776 has an easy mode called Elite mode which is a cheat. However even on Elite mode its still considered harder than any other Fire Emblem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Hmmm, I've been meaning to ask, is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Nintendo Wii worth getting as an RPG?
Well its not exactly an traditional RPG so in a sense so thats a no. As a game yeah it is.

Last edited by Sety; 2008-04-03 at 15:26.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:42   Link #108
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Nobody's going to answer my question a few posts above back from a few days ago? >.>
Old 2008-04-03, 16:03   Link #109
Don_Don_Kun
Custom User Title

Quote:
I would say yes, especially if you are a fan of japanese RPGs/ strategy games.
Radiant Dawn is a continuation of Path of Radiance, so if you want to play the game for storyline purposes, I suggest you play Path of Radience First (unless you have already done so).

I own a wii, but I still haven't gotten around to buying this game

if you are wondering about anything Radian Dawn related, check out this site (it has everything you need to know about every Fire Emblem game)

http://serenesforest.net/fe10/
Don_Don_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 05:53   Link #110
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Fire Emblem DS official site opens

Though theres not much there yet besides a beginner's guide to Fire Emblem.

One very interesting tidbit in the about this page is that the new character illustrations are by Masamune Shirow. You can also see a few other characters besides Marth and Sheeda in that page. The bad news is Nintendo's still sticking to the pre-rendered character portraits instead of the ones done by Shirow.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 07:39   Link #111
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Nobody's going to answer my question a few posts above back from a few days ago? >.>
Apparentally I'm a nobody
Old 2008-07-09, 18:30   Link #112
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
Though theres not much there yet besides a beginner's guide to Fire Emblem.

One very interesting tidbit in the about this page is that the new character illustrations are by Masamune Shirow. You can also see a few other characters besides Marth and Sheeda in that page. The bad news is Nintendo's still sticking to the pre-rendered character portraits instead of the ones done by Shirow.
Well whatever the ones on the website are, I don't like them much.
Old 2008-07-11, 03:12   Link #113
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I am a big FE fan and have played all FE except FE2, 5 and the latest Radiant Dawn. I really want to play RD as I enjoyed PoR a lot and really wanted to know how the story continues but the problem is, I don't have a Wii (sold it last year). From a hardcore FE fan's point of view, do you think it's worth it to just get a Wii for Radiant Dawn? I have no interest in any other games on the Wii.

Also, does Radiant Dawn support 4:3 mode? I know most PS3 games nowadays only support 16:9 so I am not sure if it is the same case for the Wii? I can't plug the Wii into my Samsung monitor so I am stuck with an old CRT TV for the Wii.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 04:24   Link #114
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
Also, does Radiant Dawn support 4:3 mode? I know most PS3 games nowadays only support 16:9 so I am not sure if it is the same case for the Wii? I can't plug the Wii into my Samsung monitor so I am stuck with an old CRT TV for the Wii.
The jpn version doesn't have 16:9, but the other version (NTSC-U and PAL) do support widescreen.
Maybe just borrow a Wii for the weekend, from a friend, and try to out for yourself. Btw you can get a 3rd party vga cable for the Wii, it is basically a component to vga transcoder, so interlanced games won't be supported.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:49   Link #115
AnimeFangirl

Def. borrow the Wii and try it for yourself. I'm almost done with the game and it's not bad (duh, it's Fire Emblem) but if I'd bought a Wii just for that I'd be shedding tears of blood right now.
Old 2008-08-06, 00:18   Link #116
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Hmm,

Fire Emblem: Shin・Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken (ファイアーエムブレム 新・暗黒竜と光の剣 is out - NDS game. It's a remake of the old Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken with graphical enhancement, online capabilities and yea, using DS dual screens.

Anyone going to try on this?

I am a FE fan myself but, i doubt i have much time for this game...sadly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Em..._Hikari_no_Ken

suddenly, got this thought coming into my mind - we should have a poll on the FE series - to choose your most favourite storyplay in the whole FE universe.

any supporter on this?
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 04:55   Link #117
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
Hmm,

Fire Emblem: Shin・Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken (ファイアーエムブレム 新・暗黒竜と光の剣 is out - NDS game. It's a remake of the old Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken with graphical enhancement, online capabilities and yea, using DS dual screens.

Anyone going to try on this?

I am a FE fan myself but, i doubt i have much time for this game...sadly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Em..._Hikari_no_Ken

suddenly, got this thought coming into my mind - we should have a poll on the FE series - to choose your most favourite storyplay in the whole FE universe.

any supporter on this?
Knew about this a long time ago, and have it pre-ordered.
The graphics shocked me (especially some character faces) though... I also heard there aren't support conversations.
Well, there aren't anything else to play recently, so this might be good... might be...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 10:41   Link #118
AnimeFangirl

I haven't played the original, so I'm taking this as a brand new game. The hours can't pass quickly enough!
Old 2008-08-09, 06:10   Link #119
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Been playing through Fire Emblem DS lately myself.

Have to say its an extremely faithful remake of the original NES FE1 although in some cases it might be abit too faithful. They've thrown in some of the newer ideas such as FE9's weapon customization, FE5's weapon triangle/staves, FE6's stat caps, FE Gaiden's class switch system and etc.

They've also added new Gaiden chapters and new characters although truthfully they're more for the weaker players since they're accessed through mass genocide of your own troops. Hard mode is infinitely harder than most to date FE's, overall though I like this game alot. Its a return to FE's roots and recaptures the feeling of the older FE's without being too simplistic.
Old 2008-08-09, 15:46   Link #120
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Been playing through Fire Emblem DS lately myself.

Have to say its an extremely faithful remake of the original NES FE1 although in some cases it might be abit too faithful. They've thrown in some of the newer ideas such as FE9's weapon customization, FE5's weapon triangle/staves, FE6's stat caps, FE Gaiden's class switch system and etc.

They've also added new Gaiden chapters and new characters although truthfully they're more for the weaker players since they're accessed through mass genocide of your own troops. Hard mode is infinitely harder than most to date FE's, overall though I like this game alot. Its a return to FE's roots and recaptures the feeling of the older FE's without being too simplistic.
Is Oguma still a god in a can?