New suit from Gundam 00V:

Spoiler for Shell Flag:
ReverseFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 05:41   Link #2042
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow. Heavy armor type

Surprised that variant for Kyrios is not featured this month. Oh well, I can wait
Old 2007-12-22, 05:51   Link #2043
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Yes, it is.

However, the name could also be a taunt from whoever, saying "Hah, we have our own Angel now, only ours is better and outranks yours."
The only problem with that theory, is that no one knows that the Gundams are named after angels!

So no, they are CB units.
Old 2007-12-22, 08:10   Link #2044
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Another image of the mech(s):

Spoiler:

It says the mecha designer is Naohiro Washio of Fafner/Heroic Age fame. How many mecha designers is this show going to have before it's over?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 09:28   Link #2045
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It says the mecha designer is Naohiro Washio of Fafner/Heroic Age fame. How many mecha designers is this show going to have before it's over?
More variation in designers is always good. Look at Zeta Gundam. On the other hand, look at Gundam Seed Destiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The only problem with that theory, is that no one knows that the Gundams are named after angels!
Not if another fraction ever get their hands on Gundam data, which seems to be the only way another fraction can manufacture a Gundam at this point. So lets say the Union captures a Gundam, sees that its called Exia (just an example), makes the connection that its an angel, and comes back at the CB with a whole bunch of Gundam Thrones while poking fun at them.

So yeah, nothing's impossible right now.

Last edited by brightman; 2007-12-22 at 09:42.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 10:12   Link #2046
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
More variation in designers is always good. Look at Zeta Gundam. On the other hand, look at Gundam Seed Destiny.

Not if another fraction ever get their hands on Gundam data, which seems to be the only way another fraction can manufacture a Gundam at this point. So lets say the Union captures a Gundam, sees that its called Exia (just an example), makes the connection that its an angel, and comes back at the CB with a whole bunch of Gundam Thrones while poking fun at them.

So yeah, nothing's impossible right now.
If it happens, it wouldn't be achievable without a significant time-jump. But if that's the case then it is too early to reveal it. So the only possibility is that it is a suit that is in the side-story, thus no one in the TV series would be getting it.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:20   Link #2047
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
If it happens, it wouldn't be achievable without a significant time-jump. But if that's the case then it is too early to reveal it. So the only possibility is that it is a suit that is in the side-story, thus no one in the TV series would be getting it.
Time jumps have been happening throughout the show so far. Besides, in general reverse engineering doesn't take long at all in Gundam. It went 4 months in 8 episodes in 00, and 4 months was all it took for AEUG/Anaheim Electronics to hijack the Gundam Mk II, reverse engineer the movable frame, and design, manufacture and complete the completely new Zeta Gundam. Same with ZAFT and Freedom & Justice.

And why would it be too early to reveal the suits? Destiny Gundam was revealed for the 2nd OP in GSD and didn't show up until Ep 36.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:27   Link #2048
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Time jumps have been happening throughout the show so far. Besides, in general reverse engineering doesn't take long at all in Gundam. It went 4 months in 8 episodes in 00, and 4 months was all it took for Anaheim Electronics to hijack the Gundam Mk II, reverse engineer the movable frame design, and design the completely new Zeta Gundam.

And why would it be too early to reveal the suits? Destiny Gundam was revealed for the 2nd OP in GSD and didn't show up until Ep 36.
We are on episode 12. Throne, if it was to be introduced, won't appear until after the new Code Geass finishes airing. That would be 6 months away. Thus the Throne Gundam must be a unit that either appear as a CB MS within this season, or don't appear on TV at all and instead be a manga/novel unit.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:35   Link #2049
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
We are on episode 12. Throne, if it was to be introduced, won't appear until after the new Code Geass finishes airing. That would be 6 months away. Thus the Throne Gundam must be a unit that either appear as a CB MS within this season, or don't appear on TV at all and instead be a manga/novel unit.
"Must"? Who says the Thrones have to get significant airtime? They can capture a Gundam in Ep 14 (nothing says they won't), or some info gets leaked out anytime now, and based on what I have above, they can show up in time for the season finale big battle in Ep 23. They're probably introducing them now because they'll be getting some airtime on the 2nd OP/ED anyway (if they ARE part of the TV series).

The point is that I disagree with you that they either *must* be from the CB, or *must* be sidestory suits, or *must* appear in the second season. And I think I disproved it.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:36   Link #2050
Terra

Quote:
Time jumps have been happening throughout the show so far. Besides, in general reverse engineering doesn't take long at all in Gundam. It went 4 months in 8 episodes in 00, and 4 months was all it took for AEUG/Anaheim Electronics to hijack the Gundam Mk II, reverse engineer the movable frame, and design, manufacture and complete the completely new Zeta Gundam. Same with ZAFT and Freedom & Justice.

Plus the people doing the show revealed it in the show, even though it didn't appear properly until ep 36. It's just too early and too easily revealed IMO for it to be part of the main series. Nadleeh was only revealed less than a week before the ep aired. Plus we're getting a massive cast as it is without adding another 3 Gundam pilots to the mix. This has side story written all over it as far as I'm concerned and until I see proof otherwise, it's how I'm going to consider these suits.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:37   Link #2051
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
wonder what the new equipments for Exia and Dynames will be later in the series......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 10:39   Link #2052
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Plus the people doing the show revealed it in the show, even though it didn't appear properly until ep 36. It's just too early and too easily revealed IMO for it to be part of the main series. Nadleeh was only revealed less than a week before the ep aired. Plus we're getting a massive cast as it is without adding another 3 Gundam pilots to the mix. This has side story written all over it as far as I'm concerned and until I see proof otherwise, it's how I'm going to consider these suits.
funny thing is that the 1 of the 3 suits are part of the HG line after Taozi......so...does that ring any bell?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 10:42   Link #2053
Terra

That's another thing that puts me off them being main suits. They're moving bloody fast with releasing stuff on them. Way too fast, when you consider how slow they've been with releasing info on main story stuff.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:44   Link #2054
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
wonder what the new equipments for Exia and Dynames will be later in the series......
I don't suppose it would be the Avalanche and Torpedo equipment, or is that only for 00V?
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 10:46   Link #2055
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

More swords and guns, I think
Old 2007-12-22, 10:46   Link #2056
Terra

Well 00V is looking back at G00, so it's possible, but I doubt it.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:49   Link #2057
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_945lo.jpg

^The description in this image already says that the appearance of three new Gundams will greatly impact the Gundam Meisters (Setsuna & co.).

That means that they'll most definitely be in the TV series. The question is in what capacity.

Besides, ALL sidestory MS's so far have been unveiled under their sidestory titles--00P, 00F, 00V--rather than the Gundam 00 TV series logo.
Old 2007-12-22, 11:09   Link #2058
Terra

Quote:
http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_945lo.jpg

^The description in this image already says that the appearance of three new Gundams will greatly impact the Gundam Meisters (Setsuna & co.).

That means that they'll most definitely be in the TV series. The question is in what capacity.

Besides, ALL sidestory MS's so far have been unveiled under their sidestory titles--00P, 00F, 00V--rather than the Gundam 00 TV series logo.
Well I hadn't heard that bit before. But I have just read somewhere someone's idea that the sutis might be a country's attempt to commit crimes in CB's name, which could explain that line, plus makes these suits sit better with me for being main story. From what I've seen of Ali in ep 12, it definately feelsl like something he wouldn't have a problem with being behind. We'll have to wait and see. But I still feel this has come out the wrong way and too early.
Old 2007-12-22, 11:17   Link #2059
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well I hadn't heard that bit before. But I have just read somewhere someone's idea that the sutis might be a country's attempt to commit crimes in CB's name, which could explain that line, plus makes these suits sit better with me for being main story. From what I've seen of Ali in ep 12, it definately feelsl like something he wouldn't have a problem with being behind. We'll have to wait and see. But I still feel this has come out the wrong way and too early.
Its really not... They're just trying to fuel speculation.

Quote:
Plus the people doing the show revealed it in the show, even though it didn't appear properly until ep 36.
Destiny Gundam's LINEART came out around the time Ep 20 aired (first in a commercial, then in monthly mags everywhere)--before that its silhouette appeared in the 2nd OP.

Freedom Gundam's lineart also appeared around Ep 20 of Seed, and its first appearance in the show was Ep 36 also.

Quote:
Nadleeh was only revealed less than a week before the ep aired.
That was intentional. They wanted to keep Virtue's ability a secret until the final moment (the same last minute revelations have been done for other suits, such as for Providence Gundam and Akatsuki).
Old 2007-12-22, 11:48   Link #2060
Kasn

Another pic of all 3 new Gundams.
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8...0758923uj9.jpg
Kasn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers